Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Liverpool away

Egypt lost last night, though. That should mean Salah gets three weeks or so off, and then a couple of weeks back at Liverpool before the first game.

I've been rooting for Egypt and Senegal throughout the tournament for this reason. If they're given extended leave or they're a little burnt out then it would give us a slight advantage.

I don’t know why but I just have this strong belief that we’re going to end their unbeaten run at Anfield, a sort of ‘catch them cold’ type of thing. This is why I’m happy we’re playing them in the opening game, I feel it’ll be our best chance, but that said my Liverpool supporting friends (who are actually from Liverpool) say that they have the squad depth to cope should a few players need any additional rest at the start of the season.

I do believe that whatever happens, we will create chances, and will come out of the Liverpool game with credit, and hopefully, respect. I can’t wait!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I don’t know why but I just have this strong belief that we’re going to end their unbeaten run at Anfield, a sort of ‘catch them cold’ type of thing. This is why I’m happy we’re playing them in the opening game, I feel it’ll be our best chance, but that said my Liverpool supporting friends (who are actually from Liverpool) say that they have the squad depth to cope should a few players need any additional rest at the start of the season.

I do believe that whatever happens, we will create chances, and will come out of the Liverpool game with credit, and hopefully, respect. I can’t wait!

I too think we have a chance at Anfield of a result, though I'm sure they'll have their big guns on the bench should they be required.

• Like 1

Agree with much of the above. There's never a good time to play the likes of Liverpool if we're serious about picking up points, but there are some times which are better than others and this is one of them. I’m happier with our pre-season than theirs which might prove distracting and wearing, also we play them a few days after their Community Shield Wembley date with Man C and a few days before their Super Cup match in Istanbul. Jurgen Klopp will not disrespect or underestimate us but would be failing in his duty if he did not rest some key performers. As the support act for the Anfield love-in curtain raiser can there be a better free hit for us? – no-one, including ourselves, expects us to win so we lose nothing in self esteem and confidence if we get worked over.

And then at home we have the car crash which is Newcastle United. Jamal to get the only goal of the game (preferably at the Kop End) then Jordan to come off the bench to get the winner against the Geordies at the Barclay End would be a nice way to go top!!! If none of this happens so be it, it’s a long time since there’s been so much fun to look forward to. Love it.

Btw love the new kit.

• Like 2