Style question: how are the names going to be printed on the back: arched over the number, or horizontally (NFL style, as you might call it)?  I have a strong preference for the latter, but maybe that’s just me.

Edited by Sparta Plastic
Typo

50 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

What is a "player fit" shirt?

Those are the same shirts the players wear, they are much more ‘tailored’ if you like. I have one of Stiepermann’s match shirts from last season, and it’s ok to wear at my slimmest - a week on the beer and I have no chance, I look like a hippo stuck inside a baby lemon.

Now I’ve seen the actual shirts in their true colour, that has made all the difference. They look much much better with the truer shades of yellow and green.

Hey Kenny, did the green shorts not arrive, did you forget them and this is what you had in your kit bag, or is this the alternative look you are promoting thus season?

Kenny.jpg

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....just seen on the website that sizes go up to 8XL !.....anyone whos shirt still stretches over their gut beyond that probably wouldnt get through the turnstiles anyway?!?

You have obviously never met Waveney then ?

Based on this image it looks like the shades of yellow and green are the same as last year's kit.

Shades 2.jpg

• Like 1

Surprised nobody has mentioned the £50 price tag for the standard fit shirt and a whopping £60 for the player fit shirt !!

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the £50 price tag for the standard fit shirt and a whopping £60 for the player fit shirt !!

We're all loaded after winning big with dafabet, extra 10 quit doesn't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Those are the same shirts the players wear, they are much more ‘tailored’ if you like. I have one of Stiepermann’s match shirts from last season, and it’s ok to wear at my slimmest - a week on the beer and I have no chance, I look like a hippo stuck inside a baby lemon.

Now I’ve seen the actual shirts in their true colour, that has made all the difference. They look much much better with the truer shades of yellow and green.

To be fair, I got a player for one a few years ago in the sale and it does fit much better for actually playing in. Probably wouldn't wear it as a casual item though, it's a bit tighter and more of a body shape and I think a little bit shorter as well...

A couple of my mates who went to the club shop this morning both said that loads of the shirts had plucks and pulls on them, and the material felt really cheap and flimsy... anyone else find this?

Nice shirt, didn't realise we were up to £50 now though! Jeeez.

and £38 for the training top, which is actually lovely.

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....just seen on the website that sizes go up to 8XL !.....anyone whos shirt still stretches over their gut beyond that probably wouldnt get through the turnstiles anyway?!?

I usually fit into either a 5XL or 6XL in a normal T-Shirt, so really appreciate the club catering to us bigger fans (even if the sizes are a bit on the small side).

Really like it. Looks much better in true colour than on the promo.

Long sleeve version, which I always go for, is not out for a couple more weeks and will cost £60 which is plenty! 

13 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not something a large percentage of the wibbly,wobbly, wheezy population need worry about.

Better known as the ' Wishful Thinking ' line in most cases 🙂

Top tip:

Soak new shirt in water. While wet, stretch front part of shirt over a large iron wok*. Hold securely in place for a couple of days until fully dry. Repeat this process until the perfect manly shape is acquired.

*Excersise balls are better for the more manlier shaped.

Now i just know i am leaving myself wide open with this but the last home shirt i bought was for The Playoff Final with the teams and date printed on it which obviously made it out of date pretty quick but it was a memonto of the day and i still wear it now and again when on holiday. It was a 4XL as i am a tad overweight so off i trotted to the club this morning as i am rather taken with this latest shirt and having picked up a 4XL 'Er Indoors remarked that it did not look very big. Long story short i came home with a 7XL having first tried it on. Yes i am overweight but not any bigger than i was in 2015 so i compared the two shirts by laying them out on the bed and they are exactly the same size and i do mean exactly, length,shoulders and width. Both kits obviously made by Errea.

I am wearing it on holiday later this week in Lanzarote when i shall be looking out for Scummers and the August 2019 self proclaimed Championship winners.

OK fill your boots.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Confused 1

Well if you're a 4XL and need a 7XL Tilly, then I'm stuffed, as I need a large 5XL or normal 6XL, and sounds like the 8XL may be a bit snug.

I wish clubs would follow a normal sizing guide instead of making it 2 sizes smaller and claiming it's still a bigger size...

On 06/07/2019 at 07:15, Sparta Plastic said:

Style question: how are the names going to be printed on the back: arched over the number, or horizontally (NFL style, as you might call it)?  I have a strong preference for the latter, but maybe that’s just me.

Like this apparently

Shirt Back.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Well if you're a 4XL and need a 7XL Tilly, then I'm stuffed, as I need a large 5XL or normal 6XL, and sounds like the 8XL may be a bit snug.

I wish clubs would follow a normal sizing guide instead of making it 2 sizes smaller and claiming it's still a bigger size...

So on the website it says a 7XL is 140cm chest and 83cm length. They go up to 8XL which is 142cm chest and 83cm length. Guide is here : -

Erreà Men's Replica Shirts

Size Chest (cm) Length (cm)
S 104 71
M 108 74
L 112 76
XL 114 77.5
2XL 120 79
3XL 124 80.5
4XL 128 82.5
5XL 132 83
6XL 134 83
7XL 140 83
8XL 142 83

And therein lies the issue NN.

Here's a sample from Cotton Traders, a place I often get T-shirts and sweaters from:

5XL = 152-157cm Chest

A full TWENTY centimetres more than the 5XL in the Errea shirt, and 10cm more than the 8XL maximum available in the Errea shirt.

Similarly if I look on Jacamo, another place I've ordered from on occasion:

5XL = 163-168cm Chest, which is even larger than the Cotton Traders sizing (which is understandable somewhat as they market to bigger people), and again, a good 20cm larger in just a 5XL than in the biggest size 8XL Errea shirt.

A few cm's here and there is fine, but that much variance is beyond ridiculous and makes a mockery of the Errea sizing, because they are simply NOT correctly sized, and it's misrepresentative of the shirt size by claiming that 142cm's is 8XL, because I've never seen even a 4XL that small, never mind 8XL (which would swamp even me from most places I could order).

• Like 1

The sizes don't have any standard increase. The difference between XL and 2XL is 6cm. Most other jumps are 4cm and some only 2cm. 

Aren't Errea Italian? Maybe there are fewer of the larger proportioned in Italy than the UK.

What's with all the centimeters? Inches man, inches. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Aren't Errea Italian? Maybe there are fewer of the larger proportioned in Italy than the UK.

What's with all the centimeters? Inches man, inches. 

Don't ever order a shirt from China....

• Haha 1

Indy_bones that isn't really a fair comparison though is it, jacamo's original business model was selling clothes for the larger gentleman and cotton traders was set up by a former prop forward and caters to the rugby set, who are generally larger. A football top is meant to be sports wear and is sized as such...