Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
baldy09

lack of quality signings

Recommended Posts

Well going to upset many but hay-ho . the lack of quality first team signings concern me . though we signing many youngsters up for the u23s, I do get the feeling Webber and Co really don't think we last too long in the Premiership which I can understand-why spend big and got a lot of overpaid players on the books. and giving the existing  first team  long term contracts mean we can always sell big when back in the championship

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terribly negative. Binner perhaps?

Today's new GK signing is great, for example, because it'll push existing players, ie Krul to become better and can only be a benefit to the squad. More to come and the excitement for the upcoming season builds. For most of us anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen the cost of some of those so-called "quality signings" lately?

Our boys have done us proud with our best season for a long time with some stunning football and they are a true team in every sense of the word.

They deserve a chance next season at least.

We have strengthened nicely in areas that needed re-enforcement and that's good enough for me, especially with time still on our side.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's only one answer to that squeak

stream_img.jpg

ipsbir.jpg?w=640&h=480&auto=compress,for

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d call a keeper who was playing Champions League last season to be “quality”, but hey ho

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though you said it Mockingly, selling big is actually the answer if we go down, provided the youth perform as expected. 

 

If we go down, we will have a vast amount of our premier league windfall left over, parachute payments, and big sales of young talent. In other words, we will be absolutely f***ing loaded. And we will have managable wages for the players we keep. .

If we go down this season, I'll view it as a savings year, living frugal and smart, to have a lot more money available to us later than anyone else in the championship and quite a bit more than some prem teams (with no debt on top)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baldy09 said:

Well going to upset many but hay-ho . the lack of quality first team signings concern me . though we signing many youngsters up for the u23s, I do get the feeling Webber and Co really don't think we last too long in the Premiership which I can understand-why spend big and got a lot of overpaid players on the books. and giving the existing  first team  long term contracts mean we can always sell big when back in the championship

Chambo has found his level. You'll be OK....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Which is weird, because the binners keep telling us that it's best to play your youth team.

If the Checkatrade Trophy draw permits they will play our youth team. 🙂

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an idiotic post - keeping all our best players, getting in young Roberts, a Champions League keeper and a current Swiss international striker will do for me for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Baldy. Got the timing wrong though, you were supposed to wait for us to lose a few games on the bounce first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds as if the op doesn't understand what the club is all about.  It's success we are after - but not at any cost.  Not sure what he wants really, it just seems some people will only be happy if we spend many millions of pounds as if that is the answer.  Money does not buy you success....

I was only thinking today how sad it was to think that some people only judge their lives and other peoples by how much money they have to spend. Thankfully the football club has a vision - a vision that is based on hard work,  bringing through young players, humility, caring and togetherness.  Money up front is not the main thing....money will come as a byproduct of a successful strategy, which is great - especially as we can all see it is working.  Long may it do so and the beauty of watching the club as it develops will be in seeing quality young players coming in to the club because they know they have a pathway to the first team and watching that come to fruition as the team evolves over succeeding years. 

It's a great time to be a Norwich fan, but maybe that passes some people by because they can't see beyond "we ain't spending enough money".  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why anyone graces this post with a response? 

He's clearly a binner trying to get a reaction, he posted 4hrs ago and hasn't commented since, smells very Portaloo Road to me 😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from the wind up post, there are far to many 'if we go downs' in the responses...... having the competition in goal was the final piece.    If we sign no one else, this group are mid-table material anyway!   They'll do nicely!   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Well going to upset many but hay-ho . the lack of quality first team signings concern me . though we signing many youngsters up for the u23s, I do get the feeling Webber and Co really don't think we last too long in the Premiership which I can understand-why spend big and got a lot of overpaid players on the books. and giving the existing  first team  long term contracts mean we can always sell big when back in the championship

Ha Ha, very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Baldy - I thought you were never going to post on here again after you flounced off last time?

See you in the Nellie after the first home game? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Apart from the wind up post, there are far to many 'if we go downs' in the responses...... having the competition in goal was the final piece.    If we sign no one else, this group are mid-table material anyway!   They'll do nicely!   

I still think we need a backup right back and another holding midfielder. If we can get a cheap right back in the Heise mould and possibly spend a bit of cash on a Trybull upgrade, I think we'll be in very good nick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I still think we need a backup right back and another holding midfielder. If we can get a cheap right back in the Heise mould and possibly spend a bit of cash on a Trybull upgrade, I think we'll be in very good nick.

Blasphemy.  Wash your mouth out with soap and Warsteiner and say 10 Hail Farkes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orly said:

Blasphemy.  Wash your mouth out with soap and Warsteiner and say 10 Hail Farkes.

Haha! Es tut mir leid. I meant 'competition for Super Tommy Trybull'. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Welcome back Baldy - I thought you were never going to post on here again after you flounced off last time?

See you in the Nellie after the first home game? 😀

I think you are talking about Baldyboy and this poster is baldy09.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you are talking about Baldyboy and this poster is baldy09.

Same Baldy.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another DM and RB would be a bonus but we've enough to compete in any event.    Apparently, there's still £20m burning a hole.    It can stay in the bank at this rate.     

How would that look if we spent nothing and stormed up the league!      

The job they are doing is something special.   The fact we're stepping up, not spending and still the fans are happy, and some of us are even expectant says it all.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Another DM and RB would be a bonus but we've enough to compete in any event.    Apparently, there's still £20m burning a hole.    It can stay in the bank at this rate.     

How would that look if we spent nothing and stormed up the league!      

The job they are doing is something special.   The fact we're stepping up, not spending and still the fans are happy, and some of us are even expectant says it all.    

I could accept that we could go with the midfield we have, but who would play RB if (god forbid) Max got injured. We definitely need another specialist RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

FTW, I do agree and no doubt we will get cover but if we had to, Ben G, Ben Marshall although unlikely, an U23, Louis Thompson....  3-5-2, they would find a  way!

We have all sorts of options throughout the squad.....

That RB cover is more a priority than CDM as Godfrey, if he's not centre-back would be immense as holding midfielder.    Just saying to the relegation doom mongers - we will be OK with what we've now got.    

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. the CDM is higher priority than right back because Godfrey can cover RB. In reality though we'll sign both because Webber is competent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

No. the CDM is higher priority than right back because Godfrey can cover RB. In reality though we'll sign both because Webber is competent.

Disagree on that. Godfrey is a centre back and should remain there, I don't think it would help his development to play him out of position. We already have three specialist DMs in Trybull, Tettey and Thompson, but Max remains our only specialist RB.

I think everyone agrees that these are the last two pieces of the jigsaw though, whichever we think is most important!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You must really rate Trybull/Tettey. I honestly think if we went another level there then our central defenders would look another class. I don't want to see Godfrey playing right back but i'd prefer it over us not signing a new DM.

Edited by KeiranShikari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×