baldy09

lack of quality signings

Baldy is back well I'm not a binner but making an observation , But I love reading all the idiots post on here . that's why I never reply so quick,😁

2 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Baldy is back well I'm not a binner but making an observation , But I love reading all the idiots post on here . that's why I never reply so quick,😁

Ah yes, the "everyone's an idiot apart from me" blinkered view that serves people so well on this forum..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's just too early to start moaning... I for one agree that we still need some good signings for DM and RB! And especially the CDM needs to be a goodun. I got told off a few days ago , talking to my m8 who's a #ncfc fan, when I was having a slight moan about this... "We've just signed a CL goalkeeper Rob!!!"
That's not enough I replied , CDM is a critical part of the team and we will need it! But tbh it is just too early and I'm not a patient person. 
The remark of mister Baldhead that he's laughing at " idiots " on this thread means that he must have read his own remarks over and over.... " I am right and they are wrong" ... childish...

Given Hanley's loan move to Blackburn supposedly fell through, I wonder if we are also looking at another CB who can challenge for a starting spot. Wouldn't surprise me if we were. 

3 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Given Hanley's loan move to Blackburn supposedly fell through, I wonder if we are also looking at another CB who can challenge for a starting spot. Wouldn't surprise me if we were. 

I make it 15 non-homegrown players over the age of 21 : Fahrmann, McGovern, Heise, Klose, Zimmermann, Trybull, Tettey, Leitner, Vrancic, Mclean, Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Drmic and Pukki.   (I'm excluding Srbeny, who would make it 16, though I wouldn't be surprised if Tettey went to make it 14)).

Since we can only have 17 non-homegrown players in the squad (over the age of 21), I can see a strong desire to keep the homegrown ones we currently have, especially as the British market offers so little value.

Edited by Icecream Snow
doh

I'm pretty happy with the quality of the first team signings we've made. Both Robert and Fahrmann on the face of it appear decent additions in areas of the squad where we needed improvement/better competition.

Personally I think the areas we need to improve next season are as much down to coaching/tactics/training ground work as they are personnel. If we can tighten up the marking from crosses and set pieces and perhaps screen the defence a little better then that will go a long way. I have no worries about our ability going forward. For that reason if we only sign one more player then I would like it to be a CDM although we forget that we do still have Tettey who didn't play much second half of last season but is experienced at this level and that is things stand at least two of Trybull, Vrancic, Leitner and Mclean are going to be missing out every week. 

24 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I make it 15 non-homegrown players over the age of 21 : Fahrmann, McGovern, Lewis, Klose, Zimmermann, Trybull, Tettey, Leitner, Vrancic, Mclean, Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Drmic and Pukki.   (I'm excluding Srbeny, who would make it 16, though I wouldn't be surprised if Tettey went to make it 14)).

Since we can only have 17 non-homegrown players in the squad (over the age of 21), I can see a strong desire to keep the homegrown ones we currently have, especially as the British market offers so little value.

I agree with this. I expect Srbeny to leave, although I'd like Tettey to stay. With just two more non-homegrown places we haven't got much wiggle room.

One thing to point out though is that Lewis is homegrown, whereas Heise is missing from the list. Maybe you just put the wrong left-back by mistake.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One thing to point out though is that Lewis is homegrown, whereas Heise is missing from the list. Maybe you just put the wrong left-back by mistake.

Doh. I did indeed.