baldy09

lack of quality signings

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Another DM and RB would be a bonus but we've enough to compete in any event.    Apparently, there's still £20m burning a hole.    It can stay in the bank at this rate.     

How would that look if we spent nothing and stormed up the league!      

The job they are doing is something special.   The fact we're stepping up, not spending and still the fans are happy, and some of us are even expectant says it all.    

That 20m is likely now closer to 10 than the original 20 (maybe 15) - sign on/agent fees for Drmic would of been high, all the youth players we've brought in adds up(although idk how many were free) and a few million spent on Ralle, plus his wages are likely to be more than the club originally planned on giving one single player, so the extra would likely come from the transfer kitty.

But still, cant have any complaints about the window so far, and we're only one week in to July! 

Baldy used to post on the EDP article comments page and it was always the same neggy stuff. At the time (Alex Neil era) understandably so. 

But history does not dictate a future. Be realistic, it will be hard however the grassroots approach we’ve adopted means the future is bright. 

It will be some achievement to stay up a bit like winning the league 

but look on the positives as a fellow miserablist this season is going to be superb 

Need RB and DM cover how about Harrison Reed as cheap option doesn't fit Baldy quality requirement but did look fairly good on loan in 2017, provided Southampton do not price him out of a move.  Also will be asset if we do get relegated and is English qualified.

14 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Well going to upset many but hay-ho . the lack of quality first team signings concern me . though we signing many youngsters up for the u23s, I do get the feeling Webber and Co really don't think we last too long in the Premiership which I can understand-why spend big and got a lot of overpaid players on the books. and giving the existing  first team  long term contracts mean we can always sell big when back in the championship

I Think you mean lack of expensive signings . 

Well i am not a binner but I do have some sympathy with the original poster, German GK aside. That is exactly the sort of signing we need to give it a go. 

Its all very well saying we are planning to be relegated- but can we really guarantee we will then be good to go again? I am not sure that looking a gift horse in the mouth is wise policy- a few years back in the champs and the talent will go and then what? 

I don't think we have yet seen enough ambition in terms of giving this excellent young squad a fair chance to have a go at it. CDM is needed as is a RB as a bare minimum. Other players might quickly look bereft of the necessary quality if they dont step up....

FFS, why can’t people wait until the window has slammed shut before moaning? Nobody knows what deals are in the pipeline or being worked on, just because the media aren’t chatting about them doesn’t mean things aren’t happening. Webber and Farke’s recruitment has been very good since they came in, no reason why that should change. I’m sure they know very well who and what we need. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pete said:

Need RB and DM cover how about Harrison Reed as cheap option doesn't fit Baldy quality requirement but did look fairly good on loan in 2017, provided Southampton do not price him out of a move.  Also will be asset if we do get relegated and is English qualified.

Wouldn't be a bad option although will he come knowing his chances are likely limited.    He's not an improvement, but good back up!

18 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

FFS, why can’t people wait until the window has slammed shut before moaning? Nobody knows what deals are in the pipeline or being worked on, just because the media aren’t chatting about them doesn’t mean things aren’t happening. Webber and Farke’s recruitment has been very good since they came in, no reason why that should change. I’m sure they know very well who and what we need. 

I'm not entirely sure what miserablists mean when they come out with this dull phrase. Is it simply a well known, expensive, players that they want then there are plenty of teams doing this.  Most, if not all, of the signings in our current, Championship winning side were not classed as "quality" signings. So I'd rather we stuck with finding new Pukkis or Vrancics than filling up the team with Naismiths and Crouchs.

• Like 3

So the OP is a binner then? Makes sense now.

I'm not very good at bin sniffing at the best of times as I am just unable to get my head around the fact that anybody could posses such an  infantile mentality that they have a need to post of their rivals forum on the pretext that they are a supporter of that club.  

I think sympathy need be the order of the day as being a supporter of one of the worst run clubs in the entire football league for such a prolonged period must put a strain upon the mental processes.

Give the man slack. He needs a break from concerning himself with the realities of the future prospects of the car crash of a club that he supports after all. 

Not that we really need lessons from binners about "quality" as that seems to have been a concept unknown at Portman Road for as long as most of their supporters can remember I should imagine. So much so in fact that they now consider the acquisition of a freebie 'keeper from Gillingham and a striker who has never kicked a ball above the League Two level as 'excellent pieces of transfer business.'

Keep it up Baldy there's a few more weeks of the Summer recess left yet and us Canaries need amusement.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

Anyone with concerns about the ambition of our dealings so far should look at the dealings of the rest of the league ... the trading has bearly begun folks!

Chill - there's a MONTH before game 1 and we have already signed a ManC AM with bags of talent, a Swiss international striker and a Champions League 'keeper ... as well as swelling our u23s with glitter and pinning down our crown jewels to longer contracts!

The sun is shining literally AND metaphorically!

OTBC

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Anyone with concerns about the ambition of our dealings so far should look at the dealings of the rest of the league ... the trading has bearly begun folks!

Chill - there's a MONTH before game 1 and we have already signed a ManC AM with bags of talent, a Swiss international striker and a Champions League 'keeper ... as well as swelling our u23s with glitter and pinning down our crown jewels to longer contracts!

The sun is shining literally AND metaphorically!

OTBC

Agree with everything except the last sentence. It's cloudy and threatening rain in Norwich...

PS. Harrison Reed is a decent shout. Would welcome him back, seemed to have a very good attitude. Plus he can cover both positions that need backup.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Same Baldy.....

Sorry to disappoint you and hogesar Lapps but it is not him 100%.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did you check his Rail pass then?

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes, but what does his wife/girlfriend look like?

• Haha 4

I think the original Baldy's head finally exploded after a loss to Wigan, or something like that.

Must be on wined up! Better than any signing is not selling the young squad which won the Championship.......Won the championship......now a year further down the line, experience in the championship and the desire to stay here as a team and take on the best in the world is far better than another Naismith!

Long may it continue this lack of quality signings, we have quality at the club.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 17:11, baldy09 said:

Well going to upset many but hay-ho . the lack of quality first team signings concern me . though we signing many youngsters up for the u23s, I do get the feeling Webber and Co really don't think we last too long in the Premiership which I can understand-why spend big and got a lot of overpaid players on the books. and giving the existing  first team  long term contracts mean we can always sell big when back in the championship

Massive celebrations baldy as Scum take delivery of new van👍

Edited by Van wink

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Obviously just a weird problem with bald people then.

Im pleased with our approach actually. A team is greater than the sum of it's parts, and keeping the team together, keeping the spirit, showing faith and showing the players they are valued is a refreshing approach and doesnt reflect 'little Norwich for me'

The last thing we need is another Van Wolfswinkel. We have a core of players who have adapted to the English game and know how to play together, with some new blood in essential positions, which is always needed. They are demonstrating the route to the first team through the academy, what greater incentive for lads like Idah?

Im 100% behind this approach. I think to spaff £8m on a Van Wolfswinkel or a Naismith, or to panic and bring in a Wildschutt, or heaven forbid a Watkins or an Oliveira with the wrong attitude could be detrimental. If we signed someone on big wages that could also drive resentment in what is, at present, a tight well-knit team.

No, show the faith. Lambo's swashbucklers never let us down

• Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 17:11, baldy09 said:

Poor effort really.

1) We all know English is a second language in IP1

2) Premiership ? Schoolboy error. Hasn't been that since 2007/8 but understandable slip as Ipswich haven't been there since way before then.

Needs a lot of work.

17 hours ago, Van wink said:

Off to a flyer Baldy?

77A3E5D5-9D56-44D7-9C69-38C7E53A8AAD.png

Is losing 3-2 away to a Bundesliga team a bad result?

11 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Is losing 3-2 away to a Bundesliga team a bad result?

From the goal times it looks like Paderborn felt sorry for the binners and put their reserves out after 35 mins. 😀

some of those female world cup players today could do a job at Ipswich...…  they have a "history" of success with Dutch players like Muhren in the 1970s, so some of those Netherland female players could fit in with the existing binner line-up