Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

canary call

what is the matter with the people who phone up

saying its the boards fault if ashton goes

worthy must go hes not good enough (was this 1st wizard)

we have just won our 5th  game in a row stop moaning .

It was all a bit frustrating. Neil Adams does have to try hard to make his point! What I thought was mildly amusing was the people ringing up about Ashton saying they were tired of hearing about Ashton! I get their point though.

Even got one caller phoning in and accusing Neil Adams of always talking and speculating about Deano.  Surely he talks about whatever the caller is on about so it''s hardly his fault.  Had to turn it off also! [:@]

I''m sorry but Dean Ashton  is under a legally binding contract. It

is upto the board if they except any offers for that contract.

Dean happily signed the thing and the players point of view dosen''t

come into it. If they tell him to stay put - then thats what he does.

Neil adams knows nothing -  he is the one who needs to listen to what supporters are saying and so do the board.

WORTHY knows that Selling DEAN ASHTON will be the begining of the end for him as Norwich manager.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I''m sorry but Dean Ashton  is under a legally binding contract. It is upto the board if they except any offers for that contract.
Dean happily signed the thing and the players point of view dosen''t come into it. If they tell him to stay put - then thats what he does.
Neil adams knows nothing -  he is the one who needs to listen to what supporters are saying and so do the board.

WORTHY knows that Selling DEAN ASHTON will be the begining of the end for him as Norwich manager.

[/quote]

Well said ronbol,( your comments are so correct they named you twice), he''s contracted to the club, we''re 1 point off the play offs, he wont ask to go, he cant do anything about it and it seems the price on is head is over the top. So what will be will be, but lets stop saying he aint good enough, he is, we''ll miss him if he goes and the board arent stupid. I reckon he might be here in feb, what does Neil normally sensible adams know. He''s said before he never goes down to colney.

thing is if Deano wants to go then Worthy might as well clear his desk tommorow as nothing the club can do will keep Dean here should he feel the time is right to move on.....

jas :)

most callers are muppets who moan when we win and neil adams who i think is a very good pundit sensible man has been also a muppet of late. ashton might not go because of the price so whi is neil strirring it up by evrytime ashton''s mentioned he says its 99% certain that he will go.

legally binding contract - see some realitty mate!! if ashton wants to leave then he will go - otherwise if we keep him against his wishes his performances will suffer and he will go for far less in the summer.

as for yor comment

Neil adams is just voicing his opinion - nothing else as you are voicing your opinion now.

We sat in one of the boxes at Leicester today and Niel Adams came in and had a cup of tea at half time. And would you believe it - they make him conduct the entirity of Canary call whilst sat outside, on his own in the freezing cold. The poor bloke. Maybe these callers should consider that when they ring up and have a pop at him

techniquelly is it ENTIRELY up to the board if Ashton leaves before the end of his contract but should he wish to and the board stand in his way his performance will drop to the point hes as handy as Adrian Coote in a cast. he''ll just turn up take a wage and leave, and who can blame him i know i wouldnt perform above and beyond in a job i hated with boss''s keeping me grounded, if leaving is not an option due to the contract id just lay bk and take the money and i know he will, providing he wishes to leave in the first place...........you never know he might want to stay, only a point off the play-offs.

What annoyed me was that people were ringing up and saying that Radio Norfolk shouldn''t talk about the speculation concerning Ashton. Surely they''re just talking about the big issue surrounding the club at this moment in time and if they didn''t talk about Ashton at all what else is there to say other than we won. Adams said it himself, the person who will ultimately decide if Ashton moves or not is Dean himself and no matter what is said in the press or on the radio etc will change that. If a big club comes in and can offer him more than what he''s got here then he''s going to move simple as that. Also something that always winds me up about Canary Call... apart from the "How are ya Neil" that most callers feel the need to ask... why do people repeat exactly what the last caller has said. Adams must get so bored with having to say the same old thing over and over for 30minutes.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I''m sorry but Dean Ashton  is under a legally binding contract. It is upto the board if they except any offers for that contract.
Dean happily signed the thing and the players point of view dosen''t come into it. If they tell him to stay put - then thats what he does.

[/quote]

Which planet are you on? Players (and thier agents) decide these things, contracts mean very little. If you haven''t grasped how transfers work then you shouldn''t comment on them.

Div head!

It''s people like you that ruin this club!

If Dean Ashton is sold sack Worthington and get a new board. We may as well move the ground whilst we are at it too - to close to the river for my liking, whilst we are at it we should sign half the Brazilian international team as first choice and half the Argentinian team to play in the reserves ala REAL Norwich FC!

Get real! If we signed Deano for £3million (which was pretty much the cost of the rest of the squad put together) and somebody comes in offering between £7.5 and £10 million I think in a way we would be stupid not to take it.

I am sure that there are other Dean Ashtons out there. And football is just like every other job - I have a contract that is rolling/permanent with one months notice for both me and the employer. Although in football they can demand a fee as a form of compensation for loosing the services of that player there are more factors involved than just decidind whether the player can leave or not.

What some of these callers are suggesting is actually ILLEGAL under national and international LAW and would pretty much be classed as slavery more or less.

No one should be in a position where they are unable to leave their job should they want to.

And I''m not trying to be funny but we have been here before. Craig Bellamy anyone?

The difference is that this time most of the money looks like it would be given to Worthington to bring in more players.

If you think it is just about whether the club should let him go or not then you may well need to sit down and have some coffee and a little think.

The club and the player along with his agent have more than likely already had discussions. The way I see it is that they all have an idea of how much he is worth and what sort of club he should go to if he was to leave. In respect to this the club has put a price on his head that only the bigger clubs would be able to afford.

Ultimately it is down to the player - but he knows and will have done for some time now that the figure will never be less than £5million and so as he has said he is a Norwich player untill it is otherwise settled and will continue to play as a Norwich player.

I think that it is far more likely that he will leave in the summer when it is clearer what coffers clubs have and what sort of player they want to bring in. Obviously he would be in a position to make a better choice as NCFC may well have been promoted then and would much be gained from him joining another team after that? If we didn''t get promoted it may well be beneficial for both the club and player for him to move on.

Pre season is ultimately the best time to bring a player in and let them adjust to the club etc. It would therefore be the best time to sell an influential player and try to replace him.

surely they dont make him do canary call at Carrow road outside???? thats just awful!!"!!

why does he do it? i can understand at away grounds where they might get a bit "funny" perhaps thats the case at Leicester.. dont they have a mini boradcast kit he can at least sit in a car and do it from?

Most of the callers are muppets who know absolutely nothing, and imo, the callers should screened as too what they are saying before they are allowed on air.

Typical Radio Norfolk caller:

Studio:   "its....John from Swaffham"

Neil Adams:   "Hello John"

John from Swaffham:  "I would like to say how disgusted I am by Dean Ashtons performances of late. He played rubbish with no commitment"

Neil Adams:  "Thats a bit harsh John, do you go to the games then?"

John from Swaffham:  "No, i don''t get to the games, but I listen to your commentary every week, and I think he is rubbish..."

Class. It makes me ashamed to live in Norfolk, and you can see why we get the piss taken out of us.

Regarding the Ashton contract issue, when will people realise contracts in football are worth nothing!!! Neil Adams knows, but about half of Norfolk doesn''t understand the simple concept that if a player wants to leave, its in the best interests of all concerned if he leaves

[quote user="Robbo007"]

Regarding the Ashton contract issue, when will people realise contracts in football are worth nothing!!! Neil Adams knows, but about half of Norfolk doesn''t understand the simple concept that if a player wants to leave, its in the best interests of all concerned if he leaves

[/quote]

spot on Robbo... i have been saying this since ashtons "im here till january" speach on the championship.... if he wants to go then we will sell... the transfer fee depends on how awkward Ashton and his agent are going to be... Clubs might hope ashton kicks up a huge stink so Norwich make a quick sell for considerably less then they are hoping for.. purely because u dont want to upset the applecart or split the dressing room.

Well said re. contracts - the other basic aspect that canary callers and some on this board don''t seem to grasp is that contract extensions are proposed by the club since they benefit the club financially, not because the player wants to express his undying loyalty to the club.It is just like extending the lease on a leasehold flat - it raises the market value of the flat.

[quote user="Robbo007"]

Most of the callers are muppets who know absolutely nothing, and imo, the callers should screened as too what they are saying before they are allowed on air.

John from Swaffham:  "I would like to say how disgusted I am by Dean Ashtons performances of late. He played rubbish with no commitment"

John from Swaffham:  "No, i don''t get to the games, but I listen to your commentary every week, and I think he is rubbish..."

Class. It makes me ashamed to live in Norfolk, and you can see why we get the piss taken out of us.

[/quote]

So the million pound question is does Dean Ashton want to leave? i think the answer is no, but  he will go if given the chance. It seems he is happy untill the end of the season but if he gets the chance to join a big club he will go. So it seems to me it is down toNigel and the board to whether or not dean goes. Not Dean unless he makes it clear he does want to go which i cant see happening.

It actually goes like this Robbo:

Chris: We now have John on from Swaffham. Hello John.

John: Hello Neil ( poor Chris is ignored completely on every call...he''s probably seeing the Norwich pyschologist on the side )

Neil: ( also ignoring Chris ) Hello John

John: ''allo mate. I jis wotta say yur gorn on a bit much wiv this Dean Ashton transfer. We dort know wevver e''ll be gorn or not, so woy dornt yew chynge the bloody subject.

Neil: Well John, what else would you like to talk about?

John: I wotta tork about woy yew keep torkin'' about this young Ashton boy.

Neil: Well, I''m happy to talk about anything you want John

John: Well in''t yew got my point yet. I dorn''t want yew to keep torkin'' about Ashton.

Neil: How are you getting along with those sheep John

John Well, I wornt be sellin'' em, oy can tell ya that much mate

Chris: Thank you John. Let''s go to Peter in Cromer. Hello Peter

Peter: Hello Neil

im sorry ronbol but contracts are nothing i bet ashton has in his contract if a prem club whats to talk to him then he must be allowed to.theses sort of things are in contracts.just like when the players went into the prem city might of put into the contracts that if they come down the wages would also drop.

and if city do sell ashton i dont blame worthy leaving selling the best player doesnt help the manager.and you

and for you to say neil adams should listen to the fans ,he does but do the fans listen to neil adams i dont think so .

[quote user="king of latvia"]

im sorry ronbol but contracts are

nothing i bet ashton has in his contract if a prem club whats to talk

to him then he must be allowed to.theses sort of things are in

contracts.just like when the players went into the prem city might of

put into the contracts that if they come down the wages would also drop.

and if city do sell ashton i dont blame worthy leaving selling the best player doesnt help the manager.and you

and for you to say neil adams should listen to the fans ,he does but do the fans listen to neil adams i dont think so .

[/quote]

Neil Adams never has anything good to say, he another extension of the

great P.R machine that NCFC has. It would not surprise me at all if the

club pays his wages!

On the contracts, I''ll say it it again -  they are legally

binding. Everybody has a contract of employment or should have. you

cannot change it nor can your employers without both parties agreement.

they are certainly not nothing.

Of course Dean can just walkout but try getting another job with a nice

big juicy contract that you tied yourself into. I think not.

[quote user="Robbo007"]

[/quote]You forgot the caller asking if Neil was okay![:D]

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I''m sorry

but Dean Ashton  is under a legally binding contract. It is upto

the board if they except any offers for that contract.Dean happily

signed the thing and the players point of view dosen''t come into it. If

they tell him to stay put - then thats what he does.Neil adams knows nothing -  he is the one who needs to listen to what supporters are saying and so do the board.WORTHY knows that Selling DEAN ASHTON will be the begining of the end for him as Norwich manager.

[/quote]

Which planet are you on? Players (and thier agents) decide these

things, contracts mean very little. If you haven''t grasped how

transfers work then you shouldn''t comment on them.

[/quote]

I''ll say it again, just  in case you can''t grasp the basic law that our country holds. CONTRACTS ARE LEGALLY BINDING.

What if Andy Johnson was allowed to leave palace in the summer! 

Crystal Palace  chairman stuck to his guns and told AJ your not

going anywhere.

Agents have an influence but do not decide things i.e Darren Huckerby -

if his agent has his way he would not have come to Norwich.

Most contracts in football are made to look like nothing as most clubs

don''t want the hassle of upsetting a player and agent .but they are and

always will be legally binding.

what do you not understand about this simple subject!

ronbol - i dont no if you are naive or just plain stupid: yes a contract is legally binding. we understand that but if ashton does not want to stay and requests a transfer, if we dont sell him he will be half the player that he was, his performances will suffer badly. In reality in work an unhappy unmotivated peeved off employee is not as useful to a company as a happy one.

In the following summer we will then get far less money for dean ashton as clubs no we have to sell our unhappy player..

If dean ashton wants to leave january he will go. thats the be all and end all of the situation. hopefully worthy and the board can convince him to stay till the summer.

look at francis - he wanted to leave and was rubbish pre season not even wanting to be involved before being sold at a cut price 1.5 million.  can you imagine how crap he would have been if we forced him to stay.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]

Neil Adams never has anything good to say, he another extension of the great P.R machine that NCFC has. It would not surprise me at all if the club pays his wages!
[/quote]

he coaches the under 15s... so yes... they do pay his wages!

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

Which planet are you on? Players (and thier agents) decide these things, contracts mean very little. If you haven''t grasped how transfers work then you shouldn''t comment on them.

[/quote]
I''ll say it again, just  in case you can''t grasp the basic law that our country holds. CONTRACTS ARE LEGALLY BINDING.
What if Andy Johnson was allowed to leave palace in the summer!  Crystal Palace  chairman stuck to his guns and told AJ your not going anywhere.
Agents have an influence but do not decide things i.e Darren Huckerby - if his agent has his way he would not have come to Norwich.
Most contracts in football are made to look like nothing as most clubs don''t want the hassle of upsetting a player and agent .but they are and always will be legally binding.
what do you not understand about this simple subject!

[/quote]

I''ll say it again, just in case you cannot grasp the reality of the situation, WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?

Andy Johnson stayed at Palace becaused they substantially upped his wages, if he wanted to leave he would of.

Huckerby''s agent was making sure that he got as much money as possible.

You are right ''contracts are legally binding'' but the reality is that they are only markers on what the club values the player.