dylanisabaddog

Palace to bid £10m for Max

If they open the window at Palace they should be able to hear Stuart Webber laughing. 

Max will probably beg to be allowed to stay😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Funny how they moan about Arsenal’s paltry offer for one of their players...

• Like 3

On the basis that without Saha and Wan-Bissaka they will probably finish some way below us next season, I don't think Palace is a credible destination for him even if they bid a lot more.

If they're genuinely going to bid £10m, I think we should preclude them from any future bids for the player for being such insulting tossers. Bidding starts at £30m, especially as Spurs and Man City have already been linked...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I want to be rude about the size of the bid, but we do exactly the same thing.

Maybe, but on the back of widely reported “anger” at supposedly low bids for Zaha, it is just a bit rich to the point of laughable to even consider a bid so low for Aarons, given that he’ll be in the same division this season. 

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you've got to hand it to 'Woy' he knows talent when he sees it !

Also, I've heard that Max is terrible at Warhammer so he is trying to get a player he may be able to beat.

I would think it is more aimed at their supporters than anything serious.

Players being sold does cause concern so why not try to re-assert yourself by publicising an approach that you know has no chance of succeeding but does suggest that you are a club who can treat others with the same disdain as you have been treated.

It's all part of the 'game'. Fans shouldn't bother themselves too much about it.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I would think it is more aimed at their supporters than anything serious.

Players being sold does cause concern so why not try to re-assert yourself by publicising an approach that you know has no chance of succeeding but does suggest that you are a club who can treat others with the same disdain as you have been treated.

It's all part of the 'game'. Fans shouldn't bother themselves too much about it.

I agree - it's one thing to have a low opening bid to start off the process, but I don't believe Palace can reach a level of bid which would tempt us to sell, especially given Max has just signed a new contract.  The question is whether one of the top teams decides to show serious interest this summer - we have to wait and see on that, they'd have to put in a hefty bid to prise him away in this transfer window.

One yo-yo side bidding for another's player.

Webber won't be the slightest bit touched and MA (and Co.) even less than that if all is right with the world. Selling to a rival? No way.

Palace are due their next relegation, we could benefit from that.

I believe we’ve already said we don’t have to sell, the lads all appear to be really happy to be here as most are signing contracts and to be fair to Aarons Palace is a step sideward not forwards, why would he want to jeopardise his progress by moving to a crappy club so I doubt Aarons would make waves to move.

As others said £10 million wouldn’t buy his left leg!

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Selling to a rival? No way.

You mean a bit like mid table Leicester buying Perez today from mid table Newcastle Broady ? 😜

Palace could be struggling, we will be.

Newcastle could be struggling, Leicester won't.

So what indeed! We have our own destination planned out, for good or bad, and we have no need to sell Max Aarons for relative peanuts.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean a bit like mid table Leicester buying Perez today from mid table Newcastle Broady ? 😜

Mid Table Newcastle last season, maybe, but i reckon Broadstairs Ro is right, unless they have some kind of miracle go on, they'll be in the doggy doo doo next season.

I believe most of top 6 have young RB's on their books.  Alexander Arnold at Liverpool, a double barrelled youngster at Tottenham, no one at Arsenal but do have a foreign speedster, Man C paid millions for Walker, Man U got Wan B and well Chelsea. Until Max does it in PL moneybags clubs will not be interested but we know how good he is so millions will be offered this time next year.

Can't see Max being interested in Palace especially if Zaha goes.

I wouldn't even give them the courtesy of a reply if they've really put in a bid that low. Needs to be £35m+ before Webber even picks up the phone IMHO. 

Please rearrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying;

Off    ****

Is this report some sort of joke that no one is getting? If this is serious then it’s ****ing laughable! I’m sure Aaron’s will eventually move on, but it certainly won’t be to Crystal Palace that much is certain. 

• Like 1