Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Preston debacle and what it says to me

The Preston match showed our deficiencies.

This team with half our crowd figures have a larger squad than us.

We took to the field with no ''midfielder'' of our own and ended up with two left backs and a Preston player.

I thought our defence did admirably given that they had nothing in front of them. We lost 0-3 and our best player was a centre half who also made the first runs down the right wing (late in the game) that I have seen for some time from a Norwich side.

Charlie tried hard but ran out of steam, Robinson re-injured his ribs almost immediately but was making his passes and we missed him second half and Etuhu showed neither technique or, more worryingly attitude.

Brennan can go off and do some modelling with his missus as I am sick of seeing him pose in a Norwich shirt. His limp finish for our best move when he should have put his foot through the ball was the moment i really knew we had lost the game.

Thorne came here expecting to be a squad player. What''s that all about? No one should come here unless they expect to be in the first team without automatically expecting to be in the first team. Make your mind up Thorne or get out.

Ashton, happy if he stays but I wouldn''t want to lose money on him in a failed play off promotion push. Like others I worry what Worthy will do with the money but Ashton has been poor at home this year. He has scored a hat-trick and missed a hat full. Our goals for at home is what puts us in the position we are now and he is a major culprit. I will take whatever comes with the Deano situation.

McVeigh. For me the only inventive player in the side. He should be re-signed in my opinion and used property.

Huckerby. You surely know I don''t like him much. He has a two season sell by date that''s why he has more clubs than Woonam. I thought his first touch was hopeless today. He didn''t want to take his man on. he failed to mark Nowland at all (who also ran away from him to score). He must think he is the only person in the side who is entitled to feel tired. He might be quick but his stamina levels are poor. We play 4-3-3 to accomodate Huckerby but if his benefit does not outweight the deficit then it is a poor deal for the team. He thinks he is an automatic. He plays well after being benched or after being put in other sides reserve teams. He doesn''t need a psychologist he needs an accompanying @rse kicker. For goodness sake Worthy do as many others have done before, admit the game is up and sell him.

Henderson. Showed effort and application. Why didn''t he start? Either give him games or give him a chance elsewhere Worthington.

Rossi Jarvis. Ditto.

Worthington. My position has only changed to give you more time. Promotion via the play offs or goodbye. You have been the best backed Norwich Manager in living memory and have only yourself to blame.

The supporters. Seemed resigned from the start to what we got. Interestingly the loudest noise all match came during the long delay for Nowlands injury (I was right on top of this and I felt so sorry for the player). It seemed that the crowd wanted to sing but were too distracted by the rubbish being played on the pitch to be able to do so.

We will not be relegated. I cannot see us being promoted. I would be happy to see a re-building job start now but I suppose rushed transfers might be bad transfers. I know we have taken 15 out of 18 and this is a good feat but it only shows what some of the players in our small and imbalanced squad can do and highlights the wasted opportunity through a squad of journeymen and full backs.

Wizard. You can now shove your wand where the sun doesn''t shine.

Sorry for such a long ranting post. I needed to get some things off my chest.

thought your ranting was well directed and thoughful rude old.  can agree with most of what you said.was amazed only 250-350 PNE fans were there. if our small squad has consumed our playing budget, then some - we must have some key players on mega bucks.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]thought your ranting was well

directed and thoughful rude old.  can agree with most of what you

said.was amazed only 250-350 PNE fans were there. if our small

squad has consumed our playing budget, then some - we must have some

key players on mega bucks. [/quote]

or a manager who once again proves, he hasn''t got a clue!

Disgraceful that a team like Preston can come to Carrow Road, after the run that Norwich have had and take 3 points with 3 goals... ho hum...

Still ranting; even my Wife''s delicious Spag'' Bol'' has failed to calm me.

Today, with so many important players out and with a knackered squad it was up to the Manager to really show his worth.

Where was the imagination: we just tried to keep the same formula with different staff and tired players: and it failed.

Worthy is a dour, grey one dimensional Manager who just happens on formations and won''t take a risk. He is the John Major and Steve Davies of Football.

This club have always ''tried'' to play football with a bit of flair. What we needed today was retention of the ball as an absolute priority unless we were going for all out attack and doing so sucessfully.

Our first shot took 26 minutes to arrive and I doubt we had three on target all afternoon. This was with three strikers!!

We kept chasing the ball and ran out of steam.

Huckerby: when we concede a corner why does he bother to come into no-mans land half way into his half. He neither marks anyone nor causes defenders to stay back?

And as someone said to me today: would you have been pleased to see Gary Holt in midfield, hell I would even have been pleased to see Mulryne but of course we swapped the former for ''The Guiness Book of Hamstring Strains'' and the latter just left for bars anew.

And there is still this unresolved malaise. It has been there all season and it persists.

I''m off to try and find the Cat!

"Disgraceful that a team like Preston can come to Carrow Road, after the run that Norwich have had and take 3 points with 3 goals... ho hum..."

Didn''t Prestons 15 game unbeaten streak give you a bit of a clue?