Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Contract conundrums

Really key to have your best players tied down long term so Webber and co have done a fantastic job on this.

Wouldn't shock me if a couple of these contracts had relegation release clauses in them but I'm sure they will be set high enough to make sense.

Only contract in the list that concerns me is Hanley- I'd imagine he's on good wages and tied down for a while without being in the first team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Really key to have your best players tied down long term so Webber and co have done a fantastic job on this.

Wouldn't shock me if a couple of these contracts had relegation release clauses in them but I'm sure they will be set high enough to make sense.

Only contract in the list that concerns me is Hanley- I'd imagine he's on good wages and tied down for a while without being in the first team.

And three more years of Marshall... hopefully we can find a suitor for him in the Championship!

With Zimbo injured, Hanley might yet get a chance - and if he takes it, he'll keep his place judging by Farke's behaviour so far.

So with Mario tied down for another year, that leaves just Mo, Max and Jamal of our first-team regulars to sign new contracts since promotion was announced.

This is great work wolfo, when the transfer window closes, I'm gonna print off your original and final updated player contract info and hand it to my binner workmate, just to show him how a proper clubs goes about its business.

Edited by wcorkcanary
missed a word
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Helpful tracking, For The Win!

Apropos which, love your name which contains riches on so many levels, but are we ever going to see a change? Going more straight edge, am thinking ‘Feed The Puke’

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Helpful tracking, For The Win!

Apropos which, love your name which contains riches on so many levels, but are we ever going to see a change? Going more straight edge, am thinking ‘Feed The Puke’

I signed up in the summer when RVW joined, and I had no desire to change my username when it turned out he was actually a waste of space (yeah yeah, I know, he never got the service up front).

His cheery face serves to remind me on a daily basis how iffy our transfer policy was in those days. I'll never let Ricky be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The clubs handling of the players contracts has been far too professional, there are people on this forum who have got very little to moan about now! Thank goodness for the membership **** up 😉

Byram added. I have to say, a four-year deal for a player with such an awful recent injury record is a huge gamble!

Max signed up - just Lewis and Leitner to follow suit now, and I make that a full house (assuming Hanley, Heise, Tettey, Thompson and Srbeny will not be offered new terms). Wondering whether Srbeny might also be offered a new deal in light of his recent appearances/performances with the first team?

Nelson's gone. I'd expect Raggett and Husband to leave next summer when their contracts expire (and I'm sure we'll be able to find Husband a loan club for this season), so that leaves only Ben Marshall on a long contract but surplus to requirements. 

Just Lewis and Leitner to sign new contracts (they may have done already, who knows), and then I think we're done with sorting out our existing players.

Maybe one or two more to come in, as Farke said, and then we're good to go. A decent position to be in with three weeks to the big kick-off.

On 16/07/2019 at 11:20, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Apparently he's taken a wage cut, so maybe having his current contract spread out over more years was one of his agent's demands.

Got to ask Wacky, does that mean that Wet Sham are still paying him the shortfall..... Sorry, I'll leave that on the other thread 😂😂

On 20/07/2019 at 18:21, Feedthewolf said:

Nelson's gone. I'd expect Raggett and Husband to leave next summer when their contracts expire (and I'm sure we'll be able to find Husband a loan club for this season), so that leaves only Ben Marshall on a long contract but surplus to requirements. 

Just Lewis and Leitner to sign new contracts (they may have done already, who knows), and then I think we're done with sorting out our existing players.

Maybe one or two more to come in, as Farke said, and then we're good to go. A decent position to be in with three weeks to the big kick-off.

Agree, I'm not sure we'll see much more happen in this window and wait until January to see where we need to strengthen. 

It's a tough call, love the fact that we are giving the ones that got us there a go and the hope is that the team spirit/togetherness will serve us well. 

Rather go with cohesion than rip the heart out of the team and replace a load. 

Time will tell I guess 🤔

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Got to ask Wacky, does that mean that Wet Sham are still paying him the shortfall..... Sorry, I'll leave that on the other thread 😂😂

Not just the shortfall; I think they're paying the whole lot. After all, he has a contract with West Ham which says they'll pay him a certain amount of money until June 2020. That contract is unbreakable. Unbreakable, I tell you.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not just the shortfall; I think they're paying the whole lot. After all, he has a contract with West Ham which says they'll pay him a certain amount of money until June 2020. That contract is unbreakable. Unbreakable, I tell you.

It is true then, right tomorrow I'm on the phone to my lawyer as all of my previous employment contracts had no end date so therefore they are effective until I retire so I'm in for a windfall, fab. 

Even the tea and biscuits person been given a long contract just in case he poached by another team . there skills on the oranges are legendary -

Updated with Husband loan.

Just Lewis/Leitner contracts to be sorted (or not), and Marshall to be loaned/sold, and I think our work is done with the current squad.

Whether more players come in has obviously been discussed on various other threads...

With Marshall out, that's pretty much everyone gone now, whether on loan or permanently. Here's how the squad shapes up in terms of contract expiry (+1 indicates club has an option for an extra year):

Fahrmann (loan)
Oxborough (+1)
Raggett (+1)
Husband
Amadou (loan)
Tettey
Roberts (loan)

McGovern
Vrancic
Srbeny (+1)
Morris

Krul
Klose
Heise
Trybull (+1)
Cantwell
McLean
Stiepermann
Thompson (+1)
Leitner
Pukki
Drmic

Byram
Zimmermann (+1)
Godfrey
Hanley
Lewis
Hernandez
Idah

Aarons
Buendia

Edited by Feedthewolf

38 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

With Marshall out, that's pretty much everyone gone now, whether on loan or permanently. Here's how the squad shapes up in terms of contract expiry (+1 indicates club has an option for an extra year):

Fahrmann (loan)
Oxborough (+1)
Raggett (+1)
Husband
Tettey
Roberts (loan)

McGovern
Vrancic
Srbeny (+1)
Morris

Krul
Klose
Heise
Trybull (+1)
Cantwell
McLean
Stiepermann
Thompson (+1)
Leitner
Pukki
Drmic

Byram
Zimmermann (+1)
Godfrey
Hanley
Lewis
Hernandez
Idah

Aarons
Buendia

That's maybe why we've not see a new contract for Leitner or Lewis; suspect Leitner may have been on a good wage and Lewis probably had a good wage after his last contract was amended. 

Amadou added – looks like that'll be all she wrote for this window.

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Amadou added – looks like that'll be all she wrote for this window.

Good work FTW-any chance you could add something to indicate home grown status to the players please? 🙏🙏🙏

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Good work FTW-any chance you could add something to indicate home grown status to the players please? 🙏🙏🙏

Go on, then, seeing as it's you.

I've added an 'H' at the start of a line where I believe a player is homegrown; I did it from memory, though, so feel free to correct me if any are incorrect.

Finally, I've added the whole squad again at the end by year of expiry, so that should be everything in one place now; although if anyone can think of anything else I could add to make it more useful, just shout!

12 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Isn’t oxborough out on loan?

Missed that, cheers. Surprised they couldn't find him a better club than Wealdstone...!

Have also added dates of birth, by the way.

37 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Drmic isn't 27 yet 😉

I knew some bright spark would spot that! He will be in the morning, and I'm not changing it back for six hours... will probably forget to re-update it in the morning anyway! 😉

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Go on, then, seeing as it's you.

I've added an 'H' at the start of a line where I believe a player is homegrown; I did it from memory, though, so feel free to correct me if any are incorrect.

Finally, I've added the whole squad again at the end by year of expiry, so that should be everything in one place now; although if anyone can think of anything else I could add to make it more useful, just shout!

You’re a star ️