Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Worthy says Ashton to be part of promotion push

Stick to your word now Worthy.. because if we do receive a bid and he goes... then its on your head...

Its good to hear he has said it but its only janaury the 2nd... id of sooner he said it in a wekk or so''s time once things are clearer... and once we have got some of the harder games out the way and started performing a wee bit better.. im still; not convinced.

Had the transfer window of been a month ago we wouldnt have Deano now.

jas :)

“The phone can ring all it wants but someone is going to have to break the bank to buy him,” said the City boss before adding confidently: “Dean Ashton will be part of our promotion push.”

it is definately looking promising

Dont think we are good enough for a promotion push , 6th place is the only one we are even close to Palace are 5th 6 points ahead and 2 games in hand , and we are not as good as Preston sitting in the 6th place.

is worthy talking deano''s price up by suggesting he is happy to stay with us?  Mirror today says brum in the hunt for deano as well as wigan, man city and charlton.we''ve a small squad on mega bucks, and have exceeded our playing budget this year. can we afford to keep deano?

Well, I''m beginning to think it might be best to sell him and invest in 2 or 3 players to improve the squad. Whats the point in keeping one quality player, when he''s unlikely to get the quality service he needs and at the same time without Safri the Midfield looks weak and our prospects look mid table at best. Today only Doc had the right attitude and if only we had another 5 or 6 Docs, we would be OK.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Well, I''m beginning to think it might be best to sell him and invest in 2 or 3 players to improve the squad. Whats the point in keeping one quality player, when he''s unlikely to get the quality service he needs and at the same time without Safri the Midfield looks weak and our prospects look mid table at best. Today only Doc had the right attitude and if only we had another 5 or 6 Docs, we would be OK.[/quote]

Yes, we should sell him and invest. but not til summer. There is not enough time to buy a new squad and let it gel, selling him now just ends any chances

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Well, I''m beginning to think it might be best

to sell him and invest in 2 or 3 players to improve the squad. Whats

the point in keeping one quality player, when he''s unlikely to get the

quality service he needs and at the same time without Safri the

Midfield looks weak and our prospects look mid table at best. Today

only Doc had the right attitude and if only we had another 5 or 6 Docs,

we would be OK.[/quote]

what planet are you on, deano is the best player to come to norwich in a long, long, time.

would you really trust worthy to strengthen the team with the money! we

will end up with another load of jarrett''s - etutuhs - and robinsons

I think not, let someone else have a chance

WORTHY OUT

Who would you suggest we buy for central midfield then. And before you answer, I remember most people on here suggesting Etuhu before we got him. And I also mean someone who is realistically gonna want to come to a mid table Championship club.

Worthington has shown us this summer what his signings are like , please if we do sell Ashton dont give him the money to waste , make him see the season out with the players he bought in the summer, and then lets get shot of him and give the money to a proper manager to rebuild  the squad.

agreed Paul.. and after seeing Ashton today what worthy said seems like it wasnt what Ashton wanted to hear.. this will run and run i feel...

Although Deano Worked hard it was his body Language that i was looking at... he''s shop windowed... and he knows it, so he has to put in a good showing for any potential suiters

jas :)

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="Jack Flash"]Well, I''m beginning to think it might be best to sell him and invest in 2 or 3 players to improve the squad. Whats the point in keeping one quality player, when he''s unlikely to get the quality service he needs and at the same time without Safri the Midfield looks weak and our prospects look mid table at best. Today only Doc had the right attitude and if only we had another 5 or 6 Docs, we would be OK.[/quote]

what planet are you on, deano is the best player to come to norwich in a long, long, time.
would you really trust worthy to strengthen the team with the money! we will end up with another load of jarrett''s - etutuhs - and robinsons

I think not, let someone else have a chance

WORTHY OUT
[/quote]

Your logic is as laughable as it is flawed.

How can you say that Ashton is the best player to come in a long time - a Worthy siging - but that other signings Worthy might make with the money will not be good enough?

I reckon that half his signings have been a hit (e.g. Ashton, Safri, Doc, McKenzie, Huckerby) and half a miss, which is probably about the same ratio as every other manager. Stop pretending that there are managers out there who only make signings who turn out great. Even the much-lauded Burley, if I remember rightly, practically destroyed a club with rubbish and very expensive signings....

Good that he will be part of the prmotion push (fingers have been crossed).

Bad that by the time Safri is back unless we get at least 2 or 3 solid midfielders in our promotion push we will be dead and buried by then.

I personally would welcome Robinson (Fit, not like today) as one of those midfielders but never in a million years Etuhu, but what chance have we got of Worthy signing a decent midfielder judging by recent attempts (Etuhu, Hughes, Jarrett, Stuart, getting Marney and playing him on wing).

I would also welcome a decent JJ back, but you''ve got to ask how can he be so poor and inept for us and then go and perform great for Plymouth straight from the off.