Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Who went to the baseball ? OT

Just wondered what you thought. I think someone on here went to the madness on Saturday night ? I went yesterday, not quite the same as watching a game in the US but still a good day, if overpriced. I hope West Ham don’t charge that much for a beer and a hot dog ! 

28 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just wondered what you thought. I think someone on here went to the madness on Saturday night ? I went yesterday, not quite the same as watching a game in the US but still a good day, if overpriced. I hope West Ham don’t charge that much for a beer and a hot dog ! 

I went... I was in dreamland after those three homers in the first, but sadly it wasn't to be. Ridiculous food and drink prices, but a cracking day's entertainment nonetheless.

• Like 1

Are you two trying to give Ben Kensell some ideas about refreshment prices for next season ? 🙄

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Are you two trying to give Ben Kensell some ideas about refreshment prices for next season ? 🙄

I believe they are selling Concessions membership for £50, if you don’t buy these you won’t get into the Beer n Pie lottery!

I couldn’t get there as was busy this weekend, but will be at Wembley for the American Football again,  in November. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

I applied to be on the priority ticket system. Took the day off to get tickets and unfortunately missed out.

Fortunately while living in the US I saw games at Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, A&T in San Fran, Games in San Diego, Detroit, Baltimore, Seattle and Durham. TBH think I went to a few more, so although gutted at least I have seen the real McCoy.

So much for 'a legacy for London' when the Olympics finished it was in total darkness for two years, until they finally gave it away, at our expense. Even with West Ham filling it with plastics every other week, they need to do this to make up the shortfall. 

Baseball really isn’t a game to be watched in a stadium like London Stadium. You have to be close to the pitcher and batter to appreciate the speed of delivery and the tension of strikes and balls. The only place I can think of that is as bad is our infamous Oakland Colliseum, but at least that has the advantage of great weather and pretty decent food and beer. 

And the A’s play in yellow and green and have no money and so are always the underdog, good times are had by all we we do win - and we do win a surprising number of games given our payroll v’s the big spoiled brat Yankees or Red Sox, the Man United and Liverpool of MLB.