Sign in to follow this  
YGB

Charlie Gilmour

He was at Colney in the week having tests, heard he has already signed and will be with the U23s initially, possibly being loaned out for this coming season. The club are waiting to announce presumably next week. Will be an excellent signing with the potential to be a first team player in the not too distant future. Also we are still working hard to finalise a deal for Aidan Fitzpatrick from Partick Thistle hopefully also this week.

I'll be very pleased if we sign Gilmour, a DM who also has AM skills with two good feet. He won't have an immediate impact but might be an option as the season goes on and injuries occur. Definitely one for the future though. Fitzpatrick would also be a good signing, though with Roberts and Drmic signed we're pretty well covered in the wide positions now. If Drmic is going to play out wide initially though, I'll feel better if we get Rhodes in.

On 29/06/2019 at 15:51, Cantiaci Canary said:

I love this strategy ... snare talent early, bring them up in our system, give them a chance and sell on for big bucks.

I think it is more a case of us not having to pay high transfer fees further down the line

Seems to have worked with Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis.........