Sign in to follow this  
Boycemcfly3

New Kit???

51 minutes ago, Benny500 said:

There has to be a reason why we never have a top name make our kit? 

Adidas

Umbro

Puma

Nike

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I'd imagine the reason is because the big manufacturers would only give us stock strips (as they have with ip****) and their yellow and green stock kits look crap. The errea kits are good quality and we get fully bespoke designs, we will be one of only a few teams in the prem that don't just have a rebadged stock strip...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benny500 said:

Adidas

Umbro

Puma

Nike

Money

big brands take big slices of the profit. 

Smaller brands are willing to let clubs keep more of the profit as they need the small/medium sized clubs more than the bigger brands do.

Edited by CanaryNath

Are supporters really that bothered by who made the kit? Surely it what it looks like that is important. I like the fact ours are different to anyone else.

No doubt most of them are made in the same place regardless of manufacturer.

Errea  have done reasonably well so far, particularly last seasons kit, so I say go get em floyd!

Yes it’s a shame last seasons design won’t be seen by the PL fans this season, it was really good. Looking forward to the new one on Sat.

10 hours ago, Benny500 said:

Adidas

Umbro

Puma

Nike

We did have adidas from 1981-84....but back then there were fewer kit manufacturers around..

Errea and it's sister company make very good quality bespoke kits at very reasonable prices. I used to kit out an academy of 120 approx at £ 12 each , complete kit , jersey, socks and shorts, rainjacket £ 8 extra. This was 6 years ago. Makes you wonder about profit margins on replica jerseys that fans pay so much for.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Then we go and spoil it all my announcing something stupid like a sleeve sponsor

Surely can't be any worse than that dire Bloorie transfer on the backs of the last few seasons shirts that peeled off in the wash. Awful.

....Fascinating....Let's not just stop at footy shirt chest, collar and sleeve advertising. We should sign players the size of Jan Molby, Micky Quinn or John Hartson.....Think of the amount of multiple advertising logos we could splatter all over their football shirts and kits.....They would be like gargantuan ambling billboards lumbering around the pitch .....I think our club are missing a trick with signing skinny players.....

Portly Pro Dart's players with their garish shirts will look on with extreme envy.....You betcha!.....

I sincerely hope the design of the shirt is as bold as the pattern on training top - Love me a garish kit design. 90s kits were sublime (on the whole - not Norwich specific) - Pleased to see clubs moving back in that direction and away from naff plain ones.

• Like 1

I hope that "V" collar is not indicative of what is on the home shirts. IMO Errea got it absolutely spot on and then horribly wrong with our first season and third season with them. And then last seasons was a classic. Note the subtle use of white in the first and third kits  BTW... I think it was that lack of subtly in the middle kit that caused a lot of comments about a rushed "crayons in a box" design - and yes that was before that insomnia inducing season started 🙂 

Shirts Compared .jpg

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, Norwich R Us said:

At least there's a viable Plan B, the new training shirts are looking fresh!

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 16.12.10.png

Really like this! 

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I hope that "V" collar is not indicative of what is on the home shirts. IMO Errea got it absolutely spot on and then horribly wrong with our first season and third season with them. And then last seasons was a classic. Note the subtle use of white in the first and third kits  BTW... I think it was that lack of subtly in the middle kit that caused a lot of comments about a rushed "crayons in a box" design - and yes that was before that insomnia inducing season started 🙂 

Shirts Compared .jpg

Yep spot on, 2011-12  and 2018-19 best errea kits so far!   Really hope they don't try to be overly creative with the collar this time, a simple crew neck is a safe bet and will look great every time, some of our other errea efforts have been... well, questionable in this regard 🤔

2 hours ago, Norwich R Us said:

At least there's a viable Plan B, the new training shirts are looking fresh!

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 16.12.10.png

Really hope that sleeve pattern is incorporated into the kit 😍

14 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Really hope that sleeve pattern is incorporated into the kit 😍

Just found this on the Errea site: https://www.errea.com/igor-es0b0l.html

EDIT: I know it's a goalkeeper's top, and we've seen from the teaser vid that the chest is plain yellow... just thought the patterning might be influenced by this.

Capture.JPG.044f64510ca12e0b528d91a1f97087f8.JPG

Edited by Feedthewolf

Looks a nice kit.....but only in its entirely i.e the green bottom half of the shirt blending into the shorts..but I feared we may go down that road as I'm not sure how well the shirt would go with a pair of jeans for a fan point of view??

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

I like it - but am not as bothered about it as some appear to be; I’m as interested in the away kit as that’s what we tend to go for....I don’t get why we have such a gap between ‘launches’

Edited by Branston Pickle