Sign in to follow this  
Boycemcfly3

New Kit???

With the Royal Norfolk Show been and gone and no sign off the usual kit launch advertising. Where are we at??? Any ideas as to when we will see the new offerings? 

The club shop has this past seasons kit at 70% off, so it has to be imminent. 

All the official city launch pictures will have been taken before the players went on their holidays - so there won’t be any of the new signings. 

But do expect a few incomings next week as the players will be reporting for training and the club will do their nice scarf above the head pictures etc. 

Apparently sneak previews of Sky's campaign for next season's EPL have been doing the rounds, it includes with snippets from each club.  The Norwich segment is of a player in the new kit.  So, won't be long before its officially revealed or Sky will steal their thunder.  But have the club got any staff to promote it yet?

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I imagine we’ll have some shots of some shiny new signings wearing a shiny new kit.

Didn't two first class cricketers (NCFC fans) do some photo's and filming for the new shirts, one was Tymal Mills can't remember the other one?

Some decent away kits have been released by other teams this year ..... we'd look good in either of these 🙂

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 14.46.35.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Sad 1

Given the recent membership comms mess up, there could be a 6am kit announcement on the morning of the Liverpool game!

48 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Given the recent membership comms mess up, there could be a 6am kit announcement on the morning of the Liverpool game!

As long as they don't run out at Anfield wearing blue and white. Grrr.

Switch up the pale blue for light green and dark blue for yellow and give it green and white shorts/socks, and the middle one wouldnt look too bad. 

13 hours ago, Surfer said:

Some decent away kits have been released by other teams this year ..... we'd look good in either of these 🙂

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 14.46.35.jpg

Shows how beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think they look awful!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Shows how beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think they look awful!

I have to agree, 

Really hope we have brilliant kits this season. Bit late now for this season but this is one area where the club could involve some selected fans (in confidentiality of course) in design selections. Would be good PR and hopefully ensure that’s we get kits to be proud of.

Just for this season I’d love to see a nod back to our black shorts for our home kit.

If they did involve supporters and it was done confidentially, I suppose we won’t know (until later) if they did or didn’t do it.  

The problem with these things is that there always seems to be some that love and some that hate the kit whatever the design....the popularity of the kit often depends how well we go in it!

Edited by Branston Pickle

As a new fan i will buy this season's home shirt but really hope the main sponsor is not a betting company. I loath all these betting companies encouraging fans to get into debt.

As a new fan i will buy this season's home shirt but really hope the main sponsor is not a betting company. I loath all these betting companies encouraging fans to get into debt.

Better them than poor old Argyle with Ginsters! Automated Cornish Pasties.

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

...could be a while before you buy a kit?

.....I'd estimate that 34 of the 44 clubs in the top 2 divisions are sponsored by betting companies, thats where the money is and thats whos putting money into the game nowadays.

25 plus years ago it was electrical companies....then it was alcohol....then cars....now its gambling and betting....

15 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...could be a while before you buy a kit?

.....I'd estimate that 34 of the 44 clubs in the top 2 divisions are sponsored by betting companies, thats where the money is and thats whos putting money into the game nowadays.

25 plus years ago it was electrical companies....then it was alcohol....then cars....now its gambling and betting....

Just shows how many mugs are out there.    The bookie always wins!!!     The odds they give are so bad, yet punters still throw them their money!  Bizarre......

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Nobody forces anyone to gamble, and simply having a sponsor on a shirt doesn't make someone immediately have to go place bets on things.

Just like when we were sponsored by Fosters it didn't turn fans into alcoholics, when it was N&P Building Society we didn't rush out to buy insurance or other policies, when it was Lotus I certainly wasn't coerced into buying an Elise, nor was I made to choke down Mustard under Colman's, and this season I haven't been pressured into spending my money on gambling either thanks to LeoVegas.

I really don't understand modern society in this respect, how about people take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming companies for their own inability to show a modicum of self-control...

12 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Nobody forces anyone to gamble, and simply having a sponsor on a shirt doesn't make someone immediately have to go place bets on things.

Just like when we were sponsored by Fosters it didn't turn fans into alcoholics, when it was N&P Building Society we didn't rush out to buy insurance or other policies, when it was Lotus I certainly wasn't coerced into buying an Elise, nor was I made to choke down Mustard under Colman's, and this season I haven't been pressured into spending my money on gambling either thanks to LeoVegas.

I really don't understand modern society in this respect, how about people take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming companies for their own inability to show a modicum of self-control...

That is a little narrow minded. Just because me or you would not buy something because it is on a shirt, does not mean other people do. These companies would not spend the money on shirt sponsors if it did not work.

Also, the ones complaining about footballs problematic obsession with gambling, are probably not the ones partaking. So that final point makes little sense.

Edited by HertsCanary93

It makes total sense.

Advertising is designed to encourage people to buy or partake in things, but there's never a gun to your head, and how much you're willing to spend comes down to the availability of funds and level of self-control you CHOOSE to exercise.

I can CHOOSE to go for a pint, I can CHOOSE to have 10 pints, I can CHOOSE to have 15 bottles of vodka a day, but seeing an advert for Carling or Smirnoff doesn't immediately mean that any of those 3 examples will happen because I still have free CHOICE, and can in fact CHOOSE to not even have a single drink.

I'm sorry but we live in a blame society and it's already gone completely out of hand, e.g. you trip in the street because you weren't looking where you were going - you then sue the council for a slightly misaligned paving stone instead of going "That was MY fault for not looking where I was walking".

Some people choose eat McDonalds 3 times a day for 10 years then complain that McDonalds made them overweight instead of accepting it was THEIR choice to constantly eat there and not give a damn about nutritional balance, rather than it being a case of Ronald McDonald bashing down their door each day to force feed them incessant Big Mac meals.

A guy chooses to spend all his wages down the local boozer, and suddenly it's Kronenbourg's fault that he's become a raging alcoholic because they dared show an advert on TV with Cantona recommending the stuff.

It all comes down to personal choice and self-control, some people display far less control and are more easily influenced than others, but it's up to them to learn how to exercise control rather than demanding that adverts be banned, and blaming all and sundry for their own failures.

• Like 2