Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Callum Robinson

Can't say I know anything about him, but they seem to be gutted on the pne forums. Sounds like they were hoping for double figures.

Usually a good sign!

Interesting player.  An improving player, scored 12 goals in 27 matches last season, which is pretty good. As much as anything it is probably his character that stands out as being seen as a good fit for us.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Seems a bit of an unexpected one. More of a left winger than a striker. Does this mean he'd be third choice centre forward and fourth choice winger?

Unless we have emi playing behind the striker, then he'd likely be 2nd-3rd choice forward and 3rd choice winger

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Seems a bit of an unexpected one. More of a left winger than a striker. Does this mean he'd be third choice centre forward and fourth choice winger?

Flexibility is a key attribute for the way we play. Last season there was always someone available out wide, not always a wide player - so it isn't a surpise we are looking at players who can play anywhere around the pitch. 

• Like 2

Just now, Redders Right Foot said:

Unless we have emi playing behind the striker, then he'd likely be 2nd-3rd choice forward and 3rd choice winger

Well surely he wouldn't be ahead of Pukki or Drmic? It seems to me like it could be:

Pukki > Drmic > Robinson

Buendia > Hernandez > Roberts > Robinson

What does this mean for Cantwell? Does this mean Cantwell would be seen as an option for a central role, assuming he stays?

This is also assuming that Robinson joins, of course...

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Flexibility is a key attribute for the way we play. Last season there was always someone available out wide, not always a wide player - so it isn't a surpise we are looking at players who can play anywhere around the pitch. 

If that is the case, that he can play out wide as well, then the move makes even more sense than simply him being a better striker than Srbeny, which I assume he is anyway. There seems to be a consensus among Preston fans that 6m seriously undervalues him, which it probably does, the market being what it is.

PNE have tweeted they have had no bids for any of their players. - 16 mins ago.

As for the list in striker order - my thoughts on him being 2nd-3rd is we basically have no idea how Drmic will turn out. We all have big hopes for him, but nothing guaranteed.

And Cantwell - for me I just don't think he looks fully comfortable out wide. I'd expect him to be central and or go out on loan

Smacks of an agent hawking his player around. Sounds like he's in the final year of his contract and the agent is trying to start an auction or get him a better deal.

Some people were claiming that our acquisitions may be pointing toward next season in the Championship,  this could be one of those. 

Is he worth 6 million like others I don’t really know of him, but is that the same number quoted for Rhodes?

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Is he worth 6 million like others I don’t really know of him, but is that the same number quoted for Rhodes?

Rhodes is 5 years older. 

Sorry for duplicate post - but someone has been busy with Photoshop. 

Photoshop.jpg

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Some people were claiming that our acquisitions may be pointing toward next season in the Championship,  this could be one of those. 

Hmm? Claims by who and made where? We've made one permanent (first team)signing ffs 😂. And he's not even here yet because its still june! I would be suprised and extremely if drmic came here with the thought of being happy playing in the championship.

Not you specifically, but some of the sh** people come up with is quite hysterical 

Edited by Redders Right Foot

8 hours ago, Redders Right Foot said:

Hmm? Claims by who and made where? 

... Are we missing out on Primary Targets? Page3. BY&G, Purple, Wacky and myself.

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

... Are we missing out on Primary Targets? Page3. BY&G, Purple, Wacky and myself.

Pah! Quislings and fifth columnists every last one of those posters. Banning is too good for them.

• Haha 1