Interesting insight to his time at Norwich.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/1906/Artikel/bvb-leihspieler-felix-passlack-im-interview-ich-sehe-mich-ueberhaupt-nicht-als-juwel-borussia-dortmund-norwich-hoffenheim-itw.html

Passlack: Of course it was not an easy situation for me, but the exchange
with him was very good. That's why, frankly, I got on his nerves. (laughs) I've often asked him what 
I can do better. He said I would train well and just keep going until I get my chance.

Was it understandable for you that he said something like that?

Passlack: Sure. He simply had no arguments to change the starting lineup. 
We had a pretty long winning streak, so the squad for each matchday was basically the same. 
He has made positional changes only when someone was locked or injured. And that was just not the case 
in my position.

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised if he came back

I think he knows that he needs to play more and that its unlikely he'll be a starter.

There was a decent little player there.

What a commendable comment on the state of NCFC at this moment in time that we didn't need him.

I could see us going back for him, but it's clear his first priority is getting regular game time, and that's not something we can offer him right now. But I could see us going back for him in a season or two.

It's a tough position for us to fill isn't it. What quality player is going to be happy to sign up and wait for an injury to Aarons that may never happen?

24 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

It's a tough position for us to fill isn't it. What quality player is going to be happy to sign up and wait for an injury to Aarons that may never happen?

No ‘quality’ will, but a right sided version of Hiese is the answer - not a young player who is looking to get game time and develop. 

I suspect the 2nd choice right back will be someone who can fill another position as well. 

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I suspect the 2nd choice right back will be someone who can fill another position as well. 

Harrison Reed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Harrison Reed?

I'd be happy with that.

We're clearly in need of a DM as well, and I suspect there may be games where we deploy two more defensively orientated defenders and if we're writing of Tettey making any contribution, we could do with Trybull, a marquee DM signing and Reed covering that position as well as right back and potentially forcing his way into the starting 11.

Though he may prefer the prospect of guaranteed minutes in the Championship. Or Webber/Farke might not fancy him.

5 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Harrison Reed?

A good Championship central midfielder who can do a job at right-back at a push isn't the answer.

I said the other day in another thread that Reed is the new Dani Pacheco. A half-decent loan spell in the second tier and there are still calls to bring him back years later when we're in the Premier League.

Not calling him back Wacky, in fact I agree with you.  Just putting a name forward as BY&G suggested someone who could play both roles. 

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

A good Championship central midfielder who can do a job at right-back at a push isn't the answer.

I said the other day in another thread that Reed is the new Dani Pacheco. A half-decent loan spell in the second tier and there are still calls to bring him back years later when we're in the Premier League.

I wouldn’t want him as first choice, but as back up right back and back up DM he wouldn’t be a bad shout. Knows Farke’s system and if Norwich go down he is homegrown as well. 

Depends what Southampton want for him. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I wouldn’t want him as first choice, but as back up right back and back up DM he wouldn’t be a bad shout. Knows Farke’s system and if Norwich go down he is homegrown as well. 

Depends what Southampton want for him. 

Having just Reed as Aarons' backup would worry me a bit, though. If Aarons picks up an injury I wouldn't be too confident about going two or three months with just Reed as the only option at right-back.

Similarly, assuming we sign a new starting DM, would we need Reed as another? If Tettey leaves, then Reed could be a good backup option, but only in that circumstance.

So basically, I wouldn't mind Reed as a backup if Tettey goes but I wouldn't fancy him as a makeshift second-choice right-back.

In his defence, Nobody could have seen Aaron's emergence coming like it did. If he's happy to be here he could be decent backup

I’ll throw a a thought, a great replacement should Aarons depart for stupid money!

Always looked like he’d be starting till Aarons made that position his own. Can’t see him coming back to sit on the bench at his age needs to be playing to develop.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Always looked like he’d be starting till Aarons made that position his own.

Which of the zero league minutes he played before Aarons came into the team made him look like he'd be starting?

Just now, king canary said:

Which of the zero league minutes he played before Aarons came into the team made him look like he'd be starting?

His reputation and ability King, it’s known he was an up and rising right back when we loaned him, having played in the German national youth sides and on loan in Germany.

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

His reputation and ability King, it’s known he was an up and rising right back when we loaned him, having played in the German national youth sides and on loan in Germany.

Yeah but...he didn't start.

I don't understand how he 'always looked like he'd be starting' and yet couldn't beat out Ben Marshall.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah but...he didn't start.

I don't understand how he 'always looked like he'd be starting' and yet couldn't beat out Ben Marshall.

Aarons was the 3rd right back Norwich tried, suggesting Passlack was the 4th choice. Louis Thompson player more league minutes at right back than Passlack. 

Can see no reason why Norwich would want to bring him back. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not on the latest update! Max is 🔥🔥🔥

(Did I do that right? Need someone under 30 to verify my use of emojis). 

I'm 31 but I think that works.

Would also have accepted 'Max is🙌'  or 'Max is 💯'

• Like 1