Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Worthy - lucky or talented

23 games to get it right

or

23 games before he fluked upon a good system and team selection due to injuries

with only Etuhu being not in the squad at the start of the season im still in firm belief that the latter is true.

still keep it going worthy - lets just hope he doesnt forget this system like he did after the promotion season, unless he actually signs a right sided midfilder

Lucky I''d say. I think the resent turn-around in form is just as much of a mystery to him as it is to us. But hey, it''s getting results so lets hope he stays lucky.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]this is a bit unfair. Finishing in the play offs, promotion and this recent form cant all be luck. You have to know what you are doing.[/quote]

I agree northern - I still dont think he is a premiership quality boss but he has done a decent job at this level - I must admit i thought he had gone stale this season, but he has proven me wrong.  This system was the one that did so well in the promotion season and then was dropped for half the premiership season and never really brought back.

i still think he has been lucky this time around - mcveeigh wouldnt even be playing for us anymore if worthy had been able to get rid of him last summer!!

The lucks run out perhaps, people like Brennan shouldnt get near the first team, we should either have adequate cover or play the youngsters. He''s also stopped mcveigh and hucks doingwhat they do best.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I dont know, its is a clever formation. But if Thorne had not got injured at Crewe, McVeigh would never have gotten a chance[/quote]

thats simply sums it up, its all luck with worthy

We got to play-offs (luck)

we got promoted by lots of luck - lots of late deflected goals (mcveigh Vs Burnley etc.)

We did crap in the premiership (showing how bad Worthy really was......)

And now we ae back here, just minuss the luck.......

I don''t think that the promotion season was luck. Certainly not more than other teams get over the space of a season. some good signings, team and crowd spirit and tactics etc. Say what you want about him at the moment but trying to rewrite history to fit your current agenda and taking that season away from us is absolutely pathetic and petty.