Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Adam Webster

Ipswich sold Webster to Bristol City for £3.5m last summer and spent the money on League 1 and 2 players who took them where they are today. 

Bristol City have just turned down an offer of £12m for Webster from Villa. A remarkable piece of business by the Suffolk paupers😂

The fee paid yesterday for the Palace right back and the Villa offer for Webster do make me wonder how much our young defenders are worth. 

They are all premier League players now, so at least a figure over 25 million!

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ipswich sold Webster to Bristol City for £3.5m last summer and spent the money on League 1 and 2 players who took them where they are today. 

Bristol City have just turned down an offer of £12m for Webster from Villa. A remarkable piece of business by the Suffolk paupers😂

A sell on of 10% of the profits is invaluable for a League 1 club. 😀

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The fee paid yesterday for the Palace right back and the Villa offer for Webster do make me wonder how much our young defenders are worth. 

Hard to put a figure on their value right now. If we go straight back down and they don’t have great seasons, they’ll probably still be worth c.£15-£20mil next summer. If we stay up and/or they have good seasons, they could be worth £35million plus. In this window, you’d think we would hold out for the top figure but unlikely teams would be willing to pay that much for players without Prem experience - so it’s hard to put a value on them really. 

All irrelevant though as I’m sure they’ll all stay with us and be the spine of our Champions league squad in 2025....

• Like 1

If ever proof was needed that Tinpot Town are desperate, we have them totting up how much they may or may not get if someone they sold two years ago makes a profit for the Club to whom they were sold. 

Added to this, they are discussing where those funds can be invested to strengthen a squad apparently already nailed on to storm League One. Conveniently forgetting that any money that does come in will be put towards plugging the shortfall that relegation will bring. 

Failure to lavish this money on additional players will mean Evans is a tightwad despite him bailing them out year after year. 

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

If ever proof was needed that Tinpot Town are desperate, we have them totting up how much they may or may not get if someone they sold two years ago makes a profit for the Club to whom they were sold. 

Desperate? I’ve seen posts on here before about the same thing-most recently Maddison of course, but I’d say it was quite normal for fans of any club to speculate when a former player is sold for a profit.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Desperate? I’ve seen posts on here before about the same thing-most recently Maddison of course, but I’d say it was quite normal for fans of any club to speculate when a former player is sold for a profit.

Didn't say it wasn't normal, but you're not taking into account their history. 

• Like 1

The inevitable has finally happened. The binners are now actually being paid to go and watch their sorry excuse of a team.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/460941/paid-role-for-ipswich-home-games(1st-team-u23)/#9

Perhaps if Webster does go, then the scum might actually do this themselves with the money they’ll make. They can the try and get a tiny bit of atmosphere and save the embarrassment of having attendances under 13,000.