Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Godfrey signs extension 2023

Great news, hopefully will put to bed any rumours this summer.......nice one.p OTBC.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic news all round. Now he'll have a Premier League wage, and puts us in an even stronger bartering position if (when) the big boys come knocking.

Genuinely think we may be looking back thinking getting this agreed was one of the best signings of the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And now Cantwell? ....

I get the feeling everyone will stay this summer, like I’ve said, keeping Godfrey, Aarons , Beundia, Lewis, Cantwell and Pukki is worth over £150 million to us! That’s what they helped us to with promotion and probably their minimum combined sales value at the moment!

Great to see Farke, Webber & The board doing a very good job, it’s so refreshing to see us recruiting smarter and building from our youth.......OTBC

Agree. with the sentiment Indo, but the figure of promotion (c £100 M) plus the combined value of those players  must be closer to £250 M.

Happy days for the Club.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Agree. with the sentiment Indo, but the figure of promotion (c £100 M) plus the combined value of those players  must be closer to £250 M.

Happy days for the Club.

Don’t forget parachute payments.....should the worst happen. But yes if we wanted to buy that quality in from others clubs then going on current prices you’re probably right.

47 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And now Cantwell? ....

I think this shows Webber is willing to agree sensible terms with our young stars as Godfrey has lots of outside interest . So I think the balls in Todd’s court, Webber is probably making a realistic offer to him too but he’s not a regular starter so there has to be realism about his value and he has to decide whether to agree to what’s been offered.

Great news about Ben. Probably didn't come cheap though in terms of wages but worth every penny imo. Todd needs to have realistic expectations as we would have no problem signing an more than equal replacement. The same couldn't be said of Godfrey.

Not really sure what Cantwell is expecting, he was a bit part player last season and the players who have gained new contracts did far more to deserve them. 

Without a doubt we should sign him up for longer but whereas the likes of Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis have proven their worth, Cantwell hasn't yet done that, plus I can't see him going to any other Premier League team so surely his best chance of playing there is to sign up and work hard to show Farke he's worth a place in the side