Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

It was the formation that was wrong!

We used a 2-1-2 formation:

Green

Doherty    Drury

Charlton

McVeigh      Ashton

There were five other blokes in yellow shirts on the pitch most of the time, but I think they were sightseers.

JURGEN COLIN.  Are you sure you didn''t mean to sign Colin Jurgen, Nigel?

CRAIG FLEMING. Back to the Fleming of last season, behind the game, and panicky.

DIXON ETUHU and CARL ROBINSON. I know it''s the depths of winter - log fires and all that, but do we need to collect any more dead wood? Don''t sign ''em up.... Then when "Minimum Jim" BRENNAN came on at halftime, I knew what the game was up.

HUX. Fat, slow and lazy. Aliens have taken the real Darren Huckerby and left us with this poor imitation. You can blame the Christmas schedule, but he was the same from the second game of this sequence.

HENDERSON. Can''t criticize him - from his point of view it was like being dropped into an avalanche.

I was so angry that, for the first time ever, I voluntarily left the game early. I was angry because the five spectators let down their team-mates, who played very well - especially Doc, who was mighty again. Colin, Etuhu, Robinson, Brennan - they weren''t just "going through the motions", they were the motions: total s***.

I can forgive Robinson who apparantly was playing with damaged ribs and took a hefty whack  in them early on.

Brennan was total shat - please stop playing him worthy a kid would have done a better job....

Etuhu did nothing at all apart from break a guys leg - he didnty hassle harry, tackle, pass properly make a run win a header - i have never seen such a lazy perform,ance when many knackered players around him were giving there all.  In fact in the first half the one time colin got any support it was from robinson not etuhu

Well put, Old Boy. That was one of the most disgustingly lazy and inept performances I have seen in a very long time. It''s fair to say that my language was pretty bad throughout the 2nd half, and some of the 1st half as well, I couldn''t contain myself, what with some of the diabolical refereeing decisions, and the lack of effort from our boys. I wonder if the formation was more 2 - 0 - 2 though. It''s a certainty that we had next to nothing in midfield for most of the match anyway.