Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Before we all start getting depressed

I think we have achieved about what we would have expected over the Christmas period ie 9 out of 12 points. Against Leicester and today we looked tired and were either unable or unwilling to play the ball in the normal manner. ( well normal based on the last 4 games.)

If before Christmas we had been offered the chance of being 3 points off the play-off with half the season left I think most of us would have taken it.

We have a free week next weekend (time to try the youngsters Worthy) then we need to start again.

We''ll all be alright come tomorrow. Just the aftermath and the rubbish ref that has annoyed everyone.

But you are quite right. Before we hit December we couldn''t see us

getting anything at all out of any matches, could we? And we were

closer to relegation than to the play-offs. But now we''re in a much

better position, and 3 points isn''t much in this league, it''s so close.

And everybody is beating one another.

agree with what you''re saying drinks, we''ve had a great run, but after milking the 4-3-3 for all its worth, i really felt worthy should have changed it today, or at least changed it if it wasn''t working.  he fiddled while rome burnt and for me that''s not the sign of a top manager.a draw today would have been an acceptable result, but a 3 nil drubbing at home against a play off rival and the manner of our defeat  loses us momentum and says it all. if we were all concerned at the absence of safri for the next month, our performance today does nothing to ease those fears.

Completely agree - at the start of December we would been well pleased at 5 wins out of 6 - it is a shame the one defeat was at the end of the run and with a pretty feeble performance; the worst thing about this defeat is that it just brings out all the negative stuff again......the idea that we may have been getting somewhere is something that some people don''t like, so they were always going to come out all guns blazing when the opportunity arose.

It has to be said we were poor today, too many had off days or just looked completely knackered - our squad is just too small to cope when we have injuries, particularly when playing so many games in a short space of time - and this is something we have long needed to address.  To my mind Preston weren''t particularly that good, our poor passing kept gifting them the ball in decent positions - something even the poorest sides would eventually take advantage of (particularly so when ably assisted by the ref).

My prediction was 7/8 points so we have exceeded my expectations and things certainly have improved significantly since November.

However yesterdays performance was QPR/Luton/Millwall like and shows that we simply do not have the strength in depth to cope with this competetive league.   The key thing is how we respond to this defeat, not on sat but against plymouth

Safri out till mid feb is the biggest blow our resurgence could have suffered.

Yes the ref was poor but he got most of the key decisions right and his performance was not as poor as norwich citys efforts against a half decent but nothing to be scared of preston (they were one of the better teams we have seen but they are no world beaters 16 games unbeaten and only 3 points clear of us!)

OBTC