Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Does Worthy have difficulty in finding players who want to play for him?

As yourselves, why can''t we sign anyone decent?

The Club is well set up, the training is good, the potential is there, the fan base is strong.

Is it a case, and possibly with Jarvis, that players do not want to work under Worthy & Co?

Don''t know what it is, but I''m rather alarmed that we''ve signed Dickson Etuhu. He offered sweet FA yesterday. As has been said already, but bears repeating; he can''t pass, he can''t tackle, he can''t dribble - in fact what skills does he have relating to football?

Possibly - several seemed to have given up yesterday.We are assured that there is no collapse of morale in the dressing room, no dissension. So what is the problem?I hate to sound repetitive,  but let me use two words, - inflexibility and intelligence.The 4-3-3 formation, stumbled upon about two years ago, worked in terms of scoring goals and led to some high scoring results, eg. at Burnley. This was followed by the diamond, which was virtually the same. When we can think of nothing better, we return to it.But it flops unless the 3-3 part are playing well, - it works for Chelsea, Manu U and other real football sides. The problem with NCFC is that we lack the quality in midifeld to make it work. Apart from Safri, the journeyman players lack the skill required and in some cases the commitment. The result is that our midfield is often overrun and we resort to hoofing, the full backs are exposed and we leak goals. On the principle that attack is the best form of defence, we do get away with it from time to time when the front three slickly string together passes and move quickly. This happened in our mini-runSome of our tactics border on the incomprehensilbe. Why do we persistently put players wide right who are not equipped to play there and feel uncomfortable, - there''s a long list - Francis, Bentley, Jonson, Marney, Etuhu, Henderson, McVeigh and others? Why have we made no priority to find a winger? I feel sorry for those I have mentioned. Some have clearly expressed their dislike in words or performance, or have migrated elsewhere in the side because of injury, but some have soldiered on!Substitutions are another area. On Monday, when Robinson was injured he was replaced in midifield by Brennan and we had the rare spectacle of two thirds of the midfield being left backs! This was remedied when Drury was injured, but still we did not get a midfielder on (i.e. Rossi). Insteasd we brought on another striker (-Hendo!) Are we surprised that Rossi is tarrying in signing?If we persist in the 3-3. or diamond against West Ham, we shall be cut to pieces down the flanks, but then it''s only the cup!There may be no dressing room problems, but many of the team are experienced players. They recognise that  very recent signings are not of highest quality, that unskillful motormen have arrived, that players are being played out of position, that tactics are not flexible and there is prejudice agaist younger or less favoured players. They take their generous wages and keep their thoughts to themslves.