Sign in to follow this  
breaker

An apology to The Doc

Pre season I suggested that Gary Doherty was a ''carthorse''. Now he still isn''t John Terry or Rio Ferdinand but his performances in the past couple of months have convinced me that I was wrong. We still need a partner with pace (Jason Shackell) but Fleming has also performed well and both players deserve credit.

I''m afraid that I am still not convinced that Worthy has effected the change we have witnessed and will wait until the end of the season before making a decision.

Today Gary Doherty was outstanding, and you can''t say that of many others. Like you I considered him a carthorse with Iwan Robert''s pace, just shows you how wrong you can be.

[quote user="breaker"]Pre season I suggested that Gary Doherty was a ''carthorse''. Now he still isn''t John Terry or Rio Ferdinand but his performances in the past couple of months have convinced me that I was wrong. We still need a partner with pace (Jason Shackell) but Fleming has also performed well and both players deserve credit. I''m afraid that I am still not convinced that Worthy has effected the change we have witnessed and will wait until the end of the season before making a decision.[/quote]

Breaker and intenso, Doherty is a one man MOUNTAIN! He should be given the Captain''s armband! The guy has materialised into probably player of the season.......I can''t praise the man enough, and he was our man of the match yesterday after 30 minutes on the clock! Top Fellah! ;~)

Mello, I have already decided, in fact in October somewhere, that I was going to vote for him as Player of the Season.  Nothing since then has changed my mind. 

Mind you, anyone who sticks around and plays anything half decent this season will earn some sort of reward. 

And what does it all come down to:

Attitude!

He lost weight, improved his fitness, rolled his sleeves up and applied himself.

How many players do we have in this club who do the same?

I would suggest: Green, Drury, Fleming, Henderson, McKenzie, Hughes.

I''ve never had any doubts that the Doc would come good for us. All he needed was a run in the team in his proper position, and finally it''s happened, and he deserves to stay there.

Now we just need to find a partner for him.