Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

worthy lost us the match today.

typical inflexible worthy decision making today.writing was on the wall for poor display today. city''s new winning system was running out of steam by 2nd half against burnley.  We gave a similar ''low tempo'' display at leicester and against a better team would have possibly lost.  today we were playing a better team. worthy should have changed it for todays match.  with safs out, we didn''t have a ball winnner in the middle and were forced into a defensive diplay with city trying to catch preston on the break. after 20 mins IMO there was only one team likely to score and it wasn''t us.dicko was fresh and a major disappointment today for me.  charile was tired and all over the shop all match, clearly he was liability after 20 mins. imo, worthy should have gone 4-4-2 and put rossi in the middle of the park today.will he criticise the players post match or his own decision making?

yep he could have gone 442 but who plays right midfield!!!!! hendo or thorne......

Worthy creates his own problems by his inablity to sign a right midfielder let alone a winger.

As for Etuhu apparantly he signed today - he is total crap.......  I spoke to a preston fan today who said he has a couple of good games and is then anonymous the rest of the time - exctly what we have seen

Another TERRIBLE worthy signing.

You''re spot on there. It was obvious from those first 20 minutes that Preston had us completely sussed out. We were second best all over the park today. 

I''m a Worthy Outer, but the players lost us the match today. Apart from The Doc (immense again), Flem, Greeno and Charlie (who did well enough, bearing in mind he''s a left back being asked to play in midfield), the rest were poor. Colin is a liability; Etuhu, Huckerby and Brennan were awful and Deano clearly wishes he was elsewhere. Even WLY Paul looked out of sorts.

Without two or three new midfielders, we''re going nowhere near the Play Offs.

How many times did we just lump the ball straight down the middle today? Ashton won some of the long balls but it was very scrappy and usually their defenders picked it up anyway. Is this the way Worthington wants us to play football? Without Safri we don''t seem to have anyone in midfield who can keep possession...clueless.    

Preston''s timewasting was also a disgrace - and the referee did nothing to stop it. The lengthy goal celebrations and then walking back to the centre should have produced yellow cards- along with the time spent on throw ins etc...

Thoroughly depressing afternoon.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]typical inflexible worthy decision making today.writing

was on the wall for poor display today. city''s new winning system was

running out of steam by 2nd half against burnley.  We gave a

similar ''low tempo'' display at leicester and against a better team

would have possibly lost.  today we were playing a better team.

worthy should have changed it for todays match.  with safs out, we

didn''t have a ball winnner in the middle and were forced into a

defensive diplay with city trying to catch preston on the break. after

20 mins IMO there was only one team likely to score and it wasn''t us.dicko

was fresh and a major disappointment today for me.  charile was

tired and all over the shop all match, clearly he was liability after

20 mins. imo, worthy should have gone 4-4-2 and put rossi in the middle of the park today.will he criticise the players post match or his own decision making?
[/quote]

Back in the old routine, losing that is......

We need a new manager that is clear. poor tactical decisions and team selections.

Signing another load of old  C**P  like  robinson, hughes  etc...... the list can go on.

get rid of that loser now

WORTHY OUT

Have to agree with Link... Worthy made a strange substitution at half time by bringing Brennan on for Robinson when Jarvis would probably have been the better option (plus he wouldn''t have had to make the second substition to make up for it by taking off Drury). Colin and Etuhu were unbelievably poor and McVeigh and Huckerby were a bit off colour today. The reason we lost was Preston''s players were up for it more than us and worked hard for the 90 minutes. I am a Worthy Outer but today I think he was let down by players who were in key roles.

I''m not gonna even bother to read your post but from the title it''s clear that you''re an idiot. Worthy didn''t loose the game it was the inept players out there that lost the game. We need to strengthen in Jan, especially in midfield. But please give the man a break - I suppose the 5 games we won recently were purely down to Worthy - no I didn''t think so.

Anyone on here ever here of extreme fatigue and being down to the bare bones with a heavily depleted midfield through injury and suspension. And I suppose that after taking 15 points out of 18 over an extremely hectic xmas schedule the players certainly deserved booing off. Would somebody who participated in this please explain to me what this is supposed to achieve. Unless the idea is to make sure that all our decent players want out, cos if thats what you want keep it up!  

It wasn''t all his fault. The players were tired, and he couldn''t help

that. And that Preston haven''t had a full schedule like ours.

But some decisions were very bad. Brennan, what is that all about?

Should have been Rossi Jarvis! Why on earth isn''t he getting his

chance. Maybe he will on Saturday.

We also changed our shape.

Atleast he bought on an attacking player for a defender, but then

McVeigh started playing further back. All very stupid if you ask me.

Our starting team was the best he could put out considering everything.

anyone here ever hear of every other team in the division playing the same number of games and some having smaller squads and not making an Excuse of Fatigue?

Worthy did lose us the game! who picks the team? Worthy.. who chooses the subs?? Worthy... who makes the decisions???.. Worthy... who sits there like a lemon when its going wrong only getting up to shout when the ref blows his whistle??? worthy...

We need a manager with a bit of tactical Nous and some Gumption to not be afraid to take off "golden boys" or wont sign Has beens who struggle to make their clubs reseverv side who Run around lots and show little quality of effort..

jas :)

Firstly, the booing seemed to me to be entirely directed at the ref, who deserved it.

However, Preston were the better side today and deserved to win. We could have had a couple of penalties too, but they could also - Brennan''s handball in the box towards the end, if he''d spotted it.

The players looked tired, we were second to every ball and because Preston closed us down so well we never had a chance to get the passing going.

But please, if you''re going to call for Jarvis to play in midfield (a right back who has played, what, 20 mins in the first team so far?) then don''t criticise Worthy for playing players out of position.

And lastly, I do think though that Etuhu was awful today, he didn''t run, didn''t win tackles, didn''t close players down, and mostly passed to the opposition. I thought he''d be fired up against his old club but it clearly worked the other way. He needs some really good performances to come back from that.

i must admit im not going to blame worthy for the defeat.  we were down to the last members of the squad and had 3 left backs on the park at one time today.

HOWEVER

etuhu was total rubbish  please worthy do not sign him what a waste of cash for a crap player. we have had him on loan he looks rubbish so send him back.

[quote user="jonercanary"]I''m not gonna even bother to read your post but from the title it''s clear that you''re an idiot. Worthy didn''t loose the game it was the inept players out there that lost the game. We need to strengthen in Jan, especially in midfield. But please give the man a break - I suppose the 5 games we won recently were purely down to Worthy - no I didn''t think so.[/quote]so you can''t be bothered to ready my post and I''m the idiot am I?If you could be bothered to see my pre-match line up posted ealier today, you''ll have seen I suggested we play 4-4-2 with rossi jarvis playing  alongside dicko in centre midfield - as we all saw today, dicko is not happy covering right side of midfield, he''s an up and down player.  IMO 4-3-3 was an accident waiting to happen, whis was obvious even after 15 mins. keeping faith with it was either courageous or foolhardy of worthy depending on yourview point. IMO, starting with this formation and then not changing it when it was obviously not working was down to worthy and therefore, i felt he lost us the game today.

Just to qualify my earlier rant (sorry) I would say that I can''t understand the reluctance to try Rossi Jarvis over this rigorous set of fixtures. All I am saying is that up until today, the team had seemed to gain confidence but this schedule and small squad has caught up with us. With Robinson back in time for Plymouth and a bit of recuperation, I see no reason why we can''t get through January without Safri if we keep the ball on the ground and use McVeigh, Huckerby and Ashton as we know they can play when we''re not just hoofing long balls. the one thing they don''t need (or deserve in my opinion) is to be booed off having just won 5 out of 6 matches. they obviously knew it wasn''t good enough. Anyway, sorry for the rant. [;)]

And who signed thoses inept players then Jonercanary?, hmm.

Yes, I''m firmly back in the WO camp, he got lucky this month, because the same old problems are still there............him and his signings.

Back with your avitars chaps!.

It was not his fault. Preston have played one less game than us and had a lot more energy, our players were tired and preston took advantage. As for the line up it was about all he could do. I also want to see Rossi Jarvis given a chance but i dont know how good he is.
I dont feel anyone is to blame for this defeat, 15 out of 18 points is fantastic and as long as we can regain that form against (plymouth?) i will be happy.

You think that performance deserved anything other than booing??.It was

a disgrace not even being able to string 4 passes together the entire

match.Not winning a single 2nd ball.I have been going to Norwich for

years and that is just about as bad a performance i have ever had the

displeasure to witness.As for fatigue they are ment to be pro

footballers being fit is the only thing they have to do in life.90

minutes every other day wish that was all i had to do.I used to work 5

days a week and play saturday and sunday for fun didnt hear me moaning

about fatigue thats just a cheap excuse for a very very bad

performance.Yes we the fans were quite today but all it needs sometimes

to get the fans going is one moment of skill,one good challenge or a

good passing movement all of which were missing today.

I totally agree that Worthington lost us the game today once again we reverted to his favoured long ball method and fair due to Ashton he won nearly everything in the air but we didnt pick up on the flick ons.

I was extremely disappointed because I thought PNE looked vulnerable at the back at times and with the ball on the ground feel we could have got something out of the game. 

It is plain to see why Preston sold Etuhu they work so much harder than he does.

One other question why did Mc Veigh get booked for celebrating a goal against Sheff Utd when the whole Preston team celebrated held play up not once but three times and nothing happened.

Wasnt worthys fault today at all IMO the ref was complete crap and 3-0

is flatering them, the players looked knackered and i think eveyone at

Norwich should be proud of themselves for giving a fighting a chance of

reaching the play offs after taking 15 of a possible 18. Remember also

that Prestons game vs Plymouth was postponed. Hopefully we will have a

few new faces in for the westham game. I cant wait!!

god you lot are pathetic. don''t you have a brain cell between you? it has taken 8 posts before someone (thankyou macdougall) has finally mentioned the fact that we''ve played 4 games in 8 days and the fact that we are missing many important players. and all you can do is go back to your winging old selves eventhough we''ve won the last 5 games prior to this one. amongst the endless moans there are sometimes some valid moans but nothing here. there isn''t a lot else we could have done today. lets just take a breather, get some injured players back, and look back on a superb haul of points from the xmas period that has shown everyone that we can be the force we were expected to be and with some new additions in jan we can be stronger. obviously a lot depends on deano.

this game was always going to be tough, i think we just ran out of steam (and players) today so lets not get back on the moaning bandwagon so quickly.

Actually, Preston had a game less than us and I think that Green, Doherty, Fleming, Drury, Safri, McVeigh, Huckerby, McKenzie, Robinson, Ashton and possibly the two Jarvises are all undoubtedly decent players. Jurys out on the rest and yes we have a small squad but I think that this sort of reaction is disproportionate to a team that has just one five out of their six games.  

I dont blame worthy for this performance - we were down to the bare bones.

BUT IF HE SIGNS ETUHU a player who has looked distictly average or awfuol during his loan period that is it.  What a complete and utter waste of money!!!!

he is woeful - the preston fans think it we think it....  he is utter crap

Tired players lost us the game, end of story. If Worthington thought that other players could have done a good job against a very strong side then he would have played them, whatever you might think, he''s not stupid and he knows he''s in a performance related job, so do you really think he just threw the game for a laugh?

It puts too much pressure on young players introducing them and expecting too much, remember Hendo? He came in the team, made a few mistakes and he''s the antichrist all of a sudden, it''s taking him a long time to get over being booed by fickle fans.

So Worthy is right by not just throwing in young players, we played our best team available yesterday and got beaten, deal with it.

What primarily contributed towards up losing the game was tiredness and tired players make mistakes (like Colin who has no protection in front of him and no passing options other than a long ball under pressure.

But who played this system with tired players?

Who created an imbalanced squad?

Who failed to sign enough midfielders?

Who consistently fails to recognise the Christmas schedule in the fixture list?

Who fails to take likely injuries, suspensions and ANC abstractions into account?

Who sent a midfielder to Plymouth without a return clause?

Players were asked to do too much all round this holiday season and I fail to see how football supporters benefit from such a ridiculous schedule, however, it is there. Some players, noteably Doc were driven on by determination whereas the weaker minded, like Huckerby, just complained.

Of course players lose matches, they might also lose confidence in a management which fails to properly manage.

Regarding "consistently failing to recognise the Christmas schedule in the fixture list" - just exactly how many points were you expecting to get from these four games. Because if it was more than 9 I think it is you who needs a reality check. No offence meant, Rudolph, but surely we couldn''t really have hoped for a better points haul than 9 out of 12 or 15 out of 18 whichever way you look at it. 

Mac,

Of course I am delighted with the points haul and I wonder why we couldn''t have done better throughout the season.

I felt for some of the players yesterday, particularly Colin as at least Drury had Charlton in front of him and Colin has worked his socks off.

However, I can see disinterest in certain players, some of whom played only part of the schedule and have no time for them.

As for Christmas, wasn''t this a similar problem last year? And didn''t it cost us? A five booking accumilation is also common by this time and any business plan has a worst case scenario. I just feel we should have enough cover and an away win is not full value unless followed up by a home win.

Finally, where do we go from here? We need to get quality on board quickly and may have to sacrifice our best player to do so.