Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

One game too many???

I have just checked the Championship fixture list since Sat 17 December, 2005. We are far from the only team to have played 5 games between then and yesterday.  The leaders, Reading, happen to be amongst that group.  They have been/continue to be on a roll, and won 5-1 yesterday.  We were on a roll too and lost 0-3.

For the manager to say that 4 games in 8 days is all too much is pure cop out.  I, for one, just don''t buy it.  The team, from the manager downwards, needs to look at itself honestly and ask ''are we giving honest value for money to our supporters''?  All up, my son and I spent approx £100 yesterday on tickets, travel, car park, lunch, programmes etc. - and we went home (150 mile round trip) feeling throughly p***ed off with what we had seen served up as ''football''.  We were then absolutely incensed by the lame excuse trotted out by Worthington on the radio.

IMO, we saw the end of Norwich''s play-off hopes yesterday. There''s an attitude of mind in the club which is all-pervasive now [see Simon Charlton''s pary-line ''all too much'' comments too] which is ''it''s someone else''s fault''.  We''ll never achieve on that basis.

Just get real, or get out, Worthington!   [:@] [8o|]

I cannot believe what I am reading on the website - and I so agree with most of the other postings today - Etuhu is a total waste of space and it''s a travesty that we''ve spent any cash on him.... I wouldn''t have taken him on a free.

What the hell is Worthless playing at - or, more particularly, how is the Board letting him get away with it???? Didn''t they see what we all saw (or, rather, didn''t see) yesterday?  A total 6'' 2" non-entity.

after the committment and money you spent yesterday oso, you''ve got every right to be peed off with the abject display you saw.I watched the plymouth/leeds match yesterday and the result was the same as city''s match 3-0.the difference was, plymouth played high tempo for the first half and had a real go at leeds.  we rolled over and gave nothing.  charlies comments over the crowded fixture list were a complete cop-out.  he lasted no more than 30 minutes yesterday. if you''re an experineced pro you know how  you feel  -  he should have had the decency to admit to worthy he couldn''t last  30mins let alone play 90, rather than serve up a dross to fans spending their hard earned money.