Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

£550,000 on Etuhu!!

If I were Ashton or his agent one of the main stumbling blocks to me deciding to stay would be what quality was being brought in to support me. Ambitious players always want good players around them.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Just think who he could waste £8 million on DD. [:''(][/quote]

So are you pro or anti Worthy at the minute Wiz??? Hang on, another change of mind imminent....

Grey haired Northern Irish Football Manager walks into Poundland.

''Excuse me, how much is this?''

''It''s a pound Sir.''

''What about this then?''

''That''s a pound too Sir. It''s all a pound.''

''I like this how much is it?''

''Look, mate, the shop is called Poundland, everything is a pound, alright, get it?''

''Okay, I''ll take this and I''d like to offer you five hundred and fifty thousand pounds for it.''

I agree he looked crap yesterday but considering we have bought him lets at least give him a chance to settle in and have a few games in central midfield (rather than right side) before everybody slaughters him. Otherwise we are just making it certain that this will be a failed signing. and there isn''t any point in that. I remember the comments made about Iwan, Flem and Doherty when they first got to the club. And look at the grief Holt got that now seems to have been forgotten as he is held up as an example of the "greatness" the club has somehow lost in the last year. I''m not saying anyone is wrong, I''m just saying lets at least give him a chance otherwise we are simply shooting ourselves in the foot.

I am sure there must be more to come from Etuhu and at 23 he should be a shrewd investment but based on what we have seen so far that seems nearly as over priced as Hoooozey was.

If the coaching staff can figure out how to use him properly instead of pushing him too far wide we may have a decent buy - but the jury is out for me at the moment.

3 midfield signings this season and the only one to sparkle is doing so at another club...

OTBC

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

''It''s a pound Sir.''

''Look, mate, the shop is called Poundland, everything is a pound, alright, get it?''

''Okay, I''ll take this and I''d like to offer you five hundred and fifty thousand pounds for it.''

Good reasoned debate, well done!

[/quote]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

''It''s a pound Sir.''

[/quote]Very good

Pink''un says it''s £450,000.

Either way it''s between £400,000 and £500,000 too much.

Preston must think Christmas has come early in 2006 - first we give them 3 points and then we give them a load of money for a crap player.