Sign in to follow this  
Steve H

PNE have made me ask a question

And it is based on our weakness shown today in Midfield and over the season in Defence.

Why oh why has the collective of Holt, Mulryne, Edworthy, Svennson & looking further back Mackay. Been Changed for MLJ, Colin, Thorne, Hughe, Jarrett, Etuhu.

None of the offer an ounce more than there predocessors do and in fact make them look a cut above.

We all know that Holt and Mulryne were shown up something chronic in the prem but they were good enough for this leauge (Playoff''s & Championship???).

I knew Holt was out of his depth when I saw him at Old Trafford last year but he looked better than Etuhu did against PNE, ditto Mulryne at CR against Liverpool, and also Eddy at St james Park. but they still played better there than those above have done all year. Which has got to make you think better the devil you know.

Why let Crow go for nothing and sign Thorne (for probably more wages & signing on fee) Thorne has done nothing but Crow has been scoring for Peterborough why didn''t we take a chance and save some money by keeping him.

Same when you compare Holt to Hughes, AH offers nothing more, so why do it we could of saved 1/2 a million.

Same with Colin & MLJ, Eddy was gret in the Championship why do it? it''s cost us more money?

We''ve replaced so many players with inferior players & wasted so much money which could of further shored up our def & mid.

And don''t even get me started on Mackay, what a shocking decision.

At the end of the day we''ve ripped the soul and backbone out of the squad and replaced it with tripe and that''s why we are here today, and not only that it''s cost us good money to do it and that is why our squad is so threadbare our midfield today featured over ninety minutes 2 Left backs, a Forward (hendo), the worst City Player i''ve ever seen (Etuhu), a player with cracked ribs (robbo), and the only other option A 17 year old defender (Jarvis)

Well put Steve H.  I agree with practically all you have said, just to add a few points though.

It''s just a shame the powers that be cannot see it, and the recent five wins spell will undoubtedly mean that they see nothing wrong in the rosy garden.  Meanwhile we will continue to sink to new depths, while every ten games or so go on a previously unprecendented winning run of two or three games.

Sell Ashton and we might as well kiss goodbye to promotion for a good few years to come, if Worthington has anything to do with it. Good only knows what replacements he has lined up this time.

I left the game yesterday feeling lower than I have done for years.  What on earth is happening to a club we all love and a team we were once proud to support, it''s become a centre for mediocre midfielders, a no hope zone for up and coming City youngsters (would any of you want your son to sign for the academy after watching the Jarvis brothers, Henderson and those now sold sit on a bench and watch the midfield merceneries go through their routines again and again)?  It;s now a place where anyone with any flair or footballing brain at all (McVeigh) is messed about with so much and almost sold - to bring in another anonymous so called midfielder, that I despair whether we are a football club anymore, but a rest home for pensioned off ball winning headless chickens. 

I apologise to anyone who stumbles on this post and sinks to depressive levels, but I really cannot see why the board et al can stand up and say this is what they want for our club.  I don''t, and I wish I could see what the likes of Dicky and co can and think we are going to be promoted and that everything is great. 

Absolutely spot on. An old theme I know, but it seems that we have to revist it reguarly to retain our sense of perspective. The guts of a proven team ripped out and not replaced (how many more attempts must we witness at trying to replace the right back ?) by a coaching team that WILL NOT ADMIT their inexperience.

Preston outnumbered us in midfield from the first whistle. We HAD to change shape to compete but it took us 60 minutes and two goals before we did. Me with my Level 2 Coaching Badge could see it. Worthy with his Pro Licence apparently couldn''t. 

I think everybody thinks that Norwich are a team that should be in the premiership and have always been under achieving. Imo what you have said, which i agree with, shows that we are in fact just about a mid table championship team.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

I think everybody thinks that Norwich are a team that should be in the premiership and have always been under achieving. Imo what you have said, which i agree with, shows that we are in fact just about a mid table championship team.

[/quote]

come on - we had a chance when promoted to improve.  In relegation we could have signed some good replacements but no he signed a load of rubbish.  he failed to take the opportunity we had by not signing ANY quality.  Even now the players we are signing (Etuhu, robinson) have little quality and even a bad attitude in some cases. 

Hes signed Etuhu - he has a poor attitude.  So why didnt he sign Koumas??

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

[/quote]

come on - we had a chance when promoted to improve.  In relegation we could have signed some good replacements but no he signed a load of rubbish.  he failed to take the opportunity we had by not signing ANY quality.  Even now the players we are signing (Etuhu, robinson) have little quality and even a bad attitude in some cases. 

Hes signed Etuhu - he has a poor attitude.  So why didnt he sign Koumas??

I am just despairing at us signing Etuhu for Â£550,000 that''s £50,000 more than Safri!!!! & £300,000 more than Francis. What can he possibly see in him that everyone who saw him play hasn''t seen. Preston''s manager, coaches, fan''s & tea lady must thimk we are the biggest mug''s going.

And Damn right about Koumas if we wouldn''t sign him on account of his attitude why sign Dickson? we could of had him for a year long loan from WBA and only of payed his wages, not a fee, signing on fee & wages like Dickson. It is just MADNESS. 

I work abroad & various places in britian, I only went to 6 games in the premiership year & PNE was my fifth this year.

Question Answered?

Also I have had a certain ammount of faith that the likes of Etuhu & Colin might come good but PNE was the final nail in the coffin for that particular line of thinking.

Marlon Harewood, a man we were linked with last season, a man who scored against us last season... a man who scored against chelsea just yesterday.... and a man who Worthington could of signed...

Ironic dont you think, that he could score against our 3rd rate side on saturday?

jas :)