Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

All the muppets are back...

yes that''s you the "Worthington out" brigade that have reared your ugly (an empty) heads again after just one defeat. Poor tactics, poor team selection, bad decision making etc etc. Just get over it, Preston were better than us and better than most teams in this league. We need to sign midfield players, centre of the park and wide right/left. We''ve got the fire power and a good defence but there''s no supply and no creativity in centre midfield (without Saf). We''re 3 or 4 players short of a promotion side and it''s time to spend some money or forget it for this season. But please stop with this "Worthy out" and "Worthy cost us the game" it''s futile rubbish and the fact is he''s staying whether you like it or not - get used to it, get behind your manger and team and just pray that delia put''s her hand in her apron pocket for January.

I''m afraid its worthys fault that are midfield

- Cant tackle

- Cant pass

- Cant run

Etuhu''s meant to be a big strong midfielder, its a shame he doesnt go near the opposition players, yesterday charlton was useless, but i thought his assist for prestons 3rd was excellant, brennan was nowhere apart from missing a sitter and robinson passing is as bard as Jurgen colin.

I would also like to give my condolences to dutch football, if jurgen colin is really one of there brightest prospects.

Hello Joner

Yes, mate, I maybe uglier than you, and I would expect I too have an emptier head, lol.  To your points though.

Preston were a better team, agreed.  Yes, we do have the fire power and a reasonable defence, but no midfield.  Correct.  Let you into a secret though, one of the reasons I am a Worthy Outer is the midfield circus, yes, circus, not crisis.  He doesn''t know what a good midfield is Joner, he''s a disciple of good old Howard Wilkinson''s "Hit it long and hope for the best" school of football, in which midfield calls for the headless chicken type of player who requires no ball skill, just a big engine.  All Worthy players require a "work ethic" and he doesn''t seem to like "little flicks" or anyone who has a footballing brain.  Why haven''t we got anyone to replace Safri (for not only his international duties but injuries and suspensions?).

Just because it has been documented in the press  that Worthy is staying surely doesn''t mean the man is beyond criticism?  It seems mere fans who speak up against him are!  You might also have read that the board are not going to give him anymore money unless we sell someone.  IF we sell Ashton and he gets money for some more of the likes of Jarrett, Hughes, Etuhu etc, will you be singing from the roof tops?  No, doubt it.

Time and time again Worthy has showed his tactical naivety, his dislike of flair players, his motivational skills are not too good (see yesterday).  He has started this season ill prepared, although he seemed to think otherwise, and it''s showing now, and has done all season.  3 to 4 players short of a promotion side?  Maybe, but do you trust him to bring them in, and then get the whole team playing decent, winning football.  I don''t and you can insult me all you like, the facts remain.  We are not a promotion winning side, have a look at  the table.  I will continue to get behind my team and club, but any support for Worthington, forget it.  He has to earn it and so far this season he hasn''t. 

Yesterdays game showed exactly why many of us have been so concerned all season and why a few wins will not change our mind. For those that didn''t go yesterdays result could quite easily have also happened at leicester if they had been able to cross/finish.

We were beaten by a better side yesterday but that is the problem. Preston have had no money to put that side together yet they looked a far more fluent and technically gifted unit then we have done all season. Our midfeild was non existent - we have been saying that will be the case without Saf all season. We had our four first choice midfeilders missing by the start of the second half yet does he bring on Jarvis - a young lad who is stalling on a contract probably beciase he is worried if he''s  get games - no he brings on another left back to play in midfield.

We have great firpoer in this team but they need ammunition and Worthy has failed to provide it. We are once again reverting to lumping long balls from Greeno to Deano and that is simply not good enough.

3 or 4 players short......................it worries me who Worthy will sign next. Look at the latest waste of some of the contents of Delia''s apron pocket, the saviour Etuhu who was hyped as being so good I am surprised he didn''t walk to the ground on the Wensum. Joner you are right, Worthy is staying because the of Cosy Colney set up. This does not mean I have to live with the KTF on past glories. I am as chuffed as you when we win but I firmly believe that the problem is still there and that problem is that Worthy has lost his way, not just this season but last year as well. If we persist in packing our squad with dross from the transfer market and maintain a Manager who from what I see has no cohesive plan for the way forward then NCFC will remain in this division.

This season seems to be turning out to be exactly the same as last year... only a little run of form has happened a bit earlier. Last season we played unbelievably well against Man Utd and were unlucky not to win against Palace. Newcastle was goodish but you could see signs that if we didn''t keep pushing we would slip back into defeats. Somehow we managed to continue doing well for a couple of games scraping victories against Charlton and Birmingham when in all honesty we were poor. It the same this season. We played out of our skin against Southampton and Sheff Utd but the performance levels have dropped like they did last year. We were pushed to the final whistle by Burnley last week when we should have won comfortably going on what we did for the first 30mins of that match. Leicester were so unlucky to not get anything on Saturday which mirrors Birmingham last season. We  all know what happened afterwards and I feel its happening again. Whatever it is we can''t keep performances up at a high level when we definately have the capability. You can''t blame the festive fixture list as every team had the same and we knew it was coming at the start of the season so why didn''t we sign players to give us a squad strong enough and large enough to cope. Sorry, but people have been giving praise to Worthy recently for turning it around well I can slate him for losing it again. Yesterday was a disgrace and not only because the performance wasn''t there but because it didn''t have to happen had someone had the sense to plan ahead a few months ago a be prepared for it.

Ah but it''s so good to be back!

Good to see that we''ve actually had a pretty good Christmas period which does buck the trend over the past decade or so...

That said, it''s depressing to see the money that City are wasting on average talent - and to see how bad our planning and preparation has been for this season.   It''s not just Worthington that should be taking a long hard look at his/her own performance, he doesn''t run the club you know...!

Would an absolute load of rubbish.  One match?  We''ve been playing c**p all season bar 5 games!  Just because all the KTF''s got cocky when we won 5 on the bounce.  Woo bloody hoo.  Worthington shows his true colours yet again by playing players out of position, blaming anything except his inability and inability of the players he has brought in and pays almost half a million for a player who is quite frankly, an absolute joke.

[quote user="svensson19"]This season seems to be turning out to be exactly the same as last year... [/quote]

Exactly - and what happened at the end of last season ?

You can get by a few times each season playing badly and getting a  result. You can''t go a whole season like that.

You also can''t go a whole season and expect to do well when you actually only play decent football for.....6 games or so?

Last season Southampton beat Liverpool, we beat Man Utd and Palace gave Chelsea a right good scare. We all went down. Even the poorset team is capable of having one or two of those days when magically everything happens.

I would rather rely on seeing good solid consistent performances as evidence of a revival. We recently had three (spread over 4 matches) following the first half at Crewe, but that seems all we are capable of.

What I look for is not necessarily the result ( the dangerous "we won so we must be good" blind man approach) but what happens on the pitch. I don''t see us making much long term improvement (in fact its long term decline) so that is all rather worrying.

Worthy has accountability so there''s no one else to look for as a scapegoat. Its not as if he''s been given no money like many managers in this division. I am not going to change my view unless fundamental improvements are made.

Joner, come out come out wherever you are....

Come on mate - where are you - lots of useful, thoughtful comment from the muppets here - any further contributions to add to your opening statement?

The muppets are waiting....

[quote user="jonercanary"]yes that''s you the "Worthington out" brigade that have reared your ugly (an empty) heads again after just one defeat. Poor tactics, poor team selection, bad decision making etc etc. Just get over it, Preston were better than us and better than most teams in this league. We need to sign midfield players, centre of the park and wide right/left. We''ve got the fire power and a good defence but there''s no supply and no creativity in centre midfield (without Saf). We''re 3 or 4 players short of a promotion side and it''s time to spend some money or forget it for this season. But please stop with this "Worthy out" and "Worthy cost us the game" it''s futile rubbish and the fact is he''s staying whether you like it or not - get used to it, get behind your manger and team and just pray that delia put''s her hand in her apron pocket for January.[/quote]

Joner! If I have to be a ''Muppet'', "Can I be the ''Swedish Chef'' or ''Fozzy Bear?'' Pleassssssse! Go on! Go on! let me! Go on - I wannabe one of those!!!!!!  Or I''m gonna scream until I''m SICK!

PS Is Peter Crouch, Big Bird or Crazy Legs Crane from ''Sesame Street?'' That''s where the ''Muppets'' originated from y''know!

I''m flexible, but Kermit and Miss Piggy are my last choices.....;~)

PPS My ugly post Chrimbo (and empty) head, is now replenished with copious amounts of  urine extracting humour.....GAME ON!

im a muppet.. its gotta be Kermit really hasnt it...

to add to whats been said Worthingtons inability to take the blame is what grates as well... he is quick to throw blame out at everyone el;se but even the slightest of criticims aimed at him is batted away by the "old pals" act board.. to them Nigel Worthington walks on water... and thats where the problem lies... if you are short sighted and blinkered enough that you cant accept what the Majority say??? (and it IS the majority.... we dont sing Worthingtons green and yella army anymore.. we dont show support for him anymore)...  then you are going to have the probelm of letting heart rule head and not replacing him... look at the players we had 12 months ago.. and look at the players we have now....

i know who id rather have....

Joner, Where are you???? where are you??? come on, Lets be Avin u!!!!!

jas :)