Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Jurgen Colin - a perfect example of how depleted our squad is

Is it any coincidence that in the month that we loaned a right back, Colin gets dropped, but as soon as Wright goes back, the ''Standbying Dutchman'' plays every game.  Proof, if proof be need be, that he is getting a guaranteed place in the starting line up, simply because there is absolutely nobody else at the club who can play right back (disregarding Louis ''Sicknote'' Jean and with Fleming pre-occupied with keeping the centre back place warm).

This is an awful state of affairs to be in.  Colin, as I stated after his abysmal showing at Loftus Road, is an appalling player.  He is consistently caught out of position, can''t seem to understand the concept of marking up, and lets the opposition run past him for fun.  BUT HE GETS INTO THE TEAM EVERY FLIPPING GAME, JUST BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY TO REPLACE HIM!  I THINK EVEN WORTHINGTON KNOWS HE IS A LOAD OF OLD TOILET, BUT CAN''T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

A perfect example of how our squad is as deep as a puddle in the Sahara. 

He was poor again yesterday and I was seething when he wimped out of a 50/50 challenge, bless him. Still, our wonderful manager knows what he''s doing in the transfer market, doesn''t he?

We our only a decent right back away from a very good defensive set up. We have an England international goalie who on his day is as good as any keeper in England ( think back to white heart lane ), a qaulity left back who did not look out of place in the premiership, an Ireland international centre-back who has been an absolute rock for us this season, an up and coming centre back who also looked solid in the premiership and the best defensive midfielder in the championship who could easily perform in the prem ( remember that tackle on Rooney that lead to the goal against man u ). If we could just get a decent right back in like John Halls then we could have a Premiership class defensive set up for years to come.

---------- Green -----------

Halls Doherty Shackell Drury

----------- Safri ------------

This is like the criticism of Drury last year - Drury was a poor defender went the story, until people finally realised (when charlie had a go there too) that the system being used meant he was getting no midfield support from huckerby and teams were exploiting the gap by putting 2 v 1 against Drury.

Yesterdays game saw an even bigger gap open up and Colin was exposed far too frequently to the same 2 v 1 problem as Etuhu wandered lost on the park as Nugent, the midfielder and the full back took turns in having a whale of a time at colins expense.

His distribution does need to improve but again this was down to a woeful lack of options for him by the time flem and doc had taken time to get the ball to him, leaving nothing other than another long hopeful hoick...

Colin is not a superstar in the making but nor is he as poor as some on this board make out..   He has been as good as if not better than wright and played better than MLJ did in his too games.   

The fact that no goals came through his fault or side of the pitch is to his credit and I thought he defended OK. He did not get forward like Eddy but then eddy never had such exposure and was limited when defending. 

OTBC 

This is like the criticism of Drury last year - Drury was a poor defender went the story, until people finally realised (when charlie had a go there too) that the system being used meant he was getting no midfield support from huckerby and teams were exploiting the gap by putting 2 v 1 against Drury.

Yesterdays game saw an even bigger gap open up and Colin was exposed far too frequently to the same 2 v 1 problem as Etuhu wandered lost on the park as Nugent, the midfielder and the full back took turns in having a whale of a time at colins expense.

His distribution does need to improve but again this was down to a woeful lack of options for him by the time flem and doc had taken time to get the ball to him, leaving nothing other than another long hopeful hoick...

Colin is not a superstar in the making but nor is he as poor as some on this board make out..   He has been as good as if not better than wright and played better than MLJ did in his too games.   

The fact that no goals came through his fault or side of the pitch is to his credit and I thought he defended OK. He did not get forward like Eddy but then eddy never had such exposure and was limited when defending. 

This is absolutely correct and Colin worked his socks off, unlike some. He does seem to lack tecnique but is still adjusting in his first season in English football. I want to see him get forward more but in 4-3-3 he is stuffed.

OTBC 

I would like to take issue with one point his distribution is poor, did you see the Burnley game when NW was screaming at him in both halves that once he had the ball it was to be kicked straight up the pitch in the wide right berth irrespective of who was there. Again in the Preston game his manager was screaming at him to clear the ball up the wing as soon as he got it. Wonderful tactics.

faur enough, colin wasn''t tight enough to his man at the weekend, and in the 4-3-3 was exposed too much for his own good. he''s done ok as a prospect for the future, because i doubt if worthy meant to play him so much this season, seeing him more as a backup to lj.

[quote user="ridgeman"]I would like to take issue with one point his distribution is poor, did you see the Burnley game when NW was screaming at him in both halves that once he had the ball it was to be kicked straight up the pitch in the wide right berth irrespective of who was there. Again in the Preston game his manager was screaming at him to clear the ball up the wing as soon as he got it. Wonderful tactics.[/quote]

if this is actually true i just dont no what to think