was the call from many of you now he is another dreadfull signing by

worthy . What about the signings that have come off Safri superb bit of

buisness and a snip at £500.000 Hucks he has been fantastic for us

Ashton what a great asset he is and we are already looking at a 5

million plus profit on him in only a season  you look at all

managers  and most have around a 50 - 60 % success rate when it

comes to signing new players and don''t start coming back at me with the

we should not have got rid of Edworthy- Holt -Mckay because as i recall

a majority of posters on here wanted them shipped out anyway.

just to reaffirm what I said on another page about your above points:

We do not get to watch the players week in week out scouts do

And if we are going to sign him how hard is it for Any idiot at the club to have pretended to be a preston fan on a preston message board and asked what do you all think of etuhu then they would have found out he is a lazy sod who turns up twice a season.  We have even had him at the club and found this out (is worthy really happy about the signing - i dont think so)

Any idiot at the club could have pretended to be a reading fan on a reading message board and asked what do you all think of hughes then they would have found out he works hard but is has little ability and often misplaces passes.

With 1 milliion we could have signed a couple of *star players* from the below division rather than 2 below average championship players from our own.

even 1 million for greg halford - a star 19 year old 6 ft 4 "" defender midfielder down the road at colchester whom is interesting prem clubs would have been a far better bet than both those above.

im a fan of Jurgen Colin to be fair and dont think he has done much wrong...

But the rest of worthingtons Signings have been dreadful.

Robinson, Hughes, Etuhu, Jarrett 4 players signed in an attempt to replace Damien Francis.. Say what u want about Damo but i bet any of you would give ur left arm to have him back here now!

NONE of the 4 signings have done anything of note.. Hughes has shown some flashes of what he could do, but these have been bits and pieces in the odd match and nothing consistent.

Robinson has gone missing in almost every game he has played. apart from maybe Sheffield Utd.

Etuhu has Looked disinterested and bored from day one.. seems to me that as long as he gets paid then he doesnt give a toss! he will gladly walk out, not get his kit dirty, hardly break stride and not break a sweat and take home his bulging wage slip...

As for Jarrett... whats it 4... 5 games??? most of those as substitute and he''s never been given a chance by Worthington who seems to have hated him since day 1.

Yet in the Reserves we have the likes of Andy Fisk and Rossi Jarvis... 2 local lads who support the club, have been here since they were nippers and would run through a brick wall given the chance.

Its obvious they have no future at Norwich city. the fact we ended up with 2 left backs playing in central midfeild last night as one of loan signings Departs injured and the other one preceeds to try and end a former team mates Career suggests that Worthington is happy to stick these lads on the bench, build up their hopes and their dreams... then give them the ultimate slap in the face as Simon "old man" Charlton and Jim "id rather be modelling then messing my hair up" Brennan are preferred.

Worthingtons Signings have been innefectual, they havent worked... the solutions i feel are on our own doorstep. But lets face it if you under 24 your never going to get a game on principle.

jas :)

I agree that when Etuhu was brought in on loan I did think he might be a good signing judging from my very limited experience of watching him play. However, I would hope that our scouts had observed him an awful lot more than me as well as researched what other coaches, managers and supporters thought about him. And his loan performances were hardly a glowing reference. Same with Hughes who never looked very good in the few times I saw him play and was not very highly recommended by Reading fans. Unsurprisingly, he has lived up (or down) to my expectations. I had never seen Colin play so could only go by the spin that was released by the club. And they''re hardly going to say he is crap but we''ll sign him anyway.

I stick by my opinion that it was time for Holt to leave. He was never the same after his illness. McKay, on the other hand I think would have done a better job than Fleming in the premiership mainly through his leadership and organisation. I would prefer a McKay from 2 years ago to a present day Doherty. Edworthy was a steady full back. I would have been happy for him to stay but, when he did leave, I expected a decent player to be bought in to replace him.

I also agree that most managers only have around a 60% success rate with their signings. Personally I put Worthington at just under 25% although I may be being slightly unfair on his more recent acquisitions. I doubt it.

Good responses to the original post and as for the team being knackered that argument (used by Worthy and lapped up by the KTFs) is feeble. These guys play football for a living and probably got each day off as a rest inbetween. But the main reason it''s untenable is that its the same for every team, Preston might have got a bit of extra rest but they also had to travel 250 miles to get to our place. If I have a busy few days at work I am still expected to turn up the next day and put in a whole days proper performance, or I might get fired.

We have generally been crap when we aren''t knackered and some of the "crappest" showings have been after lengthy breaks.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

just to reaffirm what I said on another page about your above points:

We do not get to watch the players week in week out scouts do

And if we are going to sign him how hard is it for Any idiot at the club to have pretended to be a preston fan on a preston message board and asked what do you all think of etuhu then they would have found out he is a lazy sod who turns up twice a season.  We have even had him at the club and found this out (is worthy really happy about the signing - i dont think so)

Any idiot at the club could have pretended to be a reading fan on a reading message board and asked what do you all think of hughes then they would have found out he works hard but is has little ability and often misplaces passes.

With 1 milliion we could have signed a couple of *star players* from the below division rather than 2 below average championship players from our own.

even 1 million for greg halford - a star 19 year old 6 ft 4 "" defender midfielder down the road at colchester whom is interesting prem clubs would have been a far better bet than both those above.

[/quote]

Who needs a scouting system at all if all the club needs to do is read a few message boards! Absolute Genius! Just read the utter crap on this board since Monday. Poor game, deal with it.

utter crap - you mean the utter crap about Etuhu being rubbish and a lazy sod??? 

yeah the same utter crap like that about Etuhu has been appearing on the preston message boards for 3 years which is why they are happy for him to leave (and cant beleive how much money they are getting for him!)

utter crap - you mean the utter crap appearing on here about Hughes being a hard worker but lacking ability??? 

yeah the same utter crap like that about Hughes has been appearing on the reading message boards for 3 years and he was reguarly targetted by their boo boys cos he was crap.(and cant beleive how much money they got for him!)

dont you get it ginge??  many reading fans thought Hughes lacked ability - and so do many norwich fans (because he does lack ability)

dont you get it ginge??  many preston fans thought Etuhu was a lazy sod who didnt turn up most games - and many norwich fans think Etuhu has not given a crap during his loan spell and been a pile of poo

dont you get it ginge??worthy has wasted 1 million pounds of our money on 2 players whom will not be first choice Central midfielders come the start of next season - great buisiness