Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

do we think we will sign anyone else in january?

does anyone think we will sign anyone else now we have signed dickson whereru? if so who do people think we will sign? i know we all have ideas on people we would like city to sign but a lot of them are just dreams! in reality ask yourself this, would you sign for city at the moment? people should be more worried about if we let anyone go, in particular ashton, because who do we have to replace him? i for one wouldnt want worthy to sign anyone with any money he gets for ashton because judging by his previous signings this season it could be disastrous!

we are in dire need of a right winger - playing dicko, jarrett, or robbo there is a mistake because they can''t perform there. hughes looks average there as does hendo. we''ve no youth player option in that posi either.

Yes, but this is the last chance saloon for Worthy''s talent spotting credentials.

I am appalled at this season''s catalogue of average newcomers. As a Canary exile I dont get to see as much of the team as I would like, but I managed to see two of the most contrasting games over the holday period, Southampton and Preston and I and my kids were shocked. The passing game had gone...there is nothing left in midfield with YS''s absence and this has got to be where any money is spent.

But the biggest shock for me was that there didn''t seem to be a Norwich ''team'' on the pitch against Preston, despite the group huddle at the start. The performance lacked energy and commitment and say what you want about 4 games in 8 days, but most of the team looked as if they couldn''t be asked. It was my first proper look at Etuhu...has he had us over?  ...Did he perform better when just on loan? ...Was this his last game for Preston?

You are right, who would want to join us now ...other than some mercenary on his way out of the top flight. If £7m is offered for Deano, like it or not he will have to go. Investment in our midfield, our backbone (in more senses than one) is where Worthy will regain his cred'' or be shown his final ''red''.

Worthy will regain his cred'' or be shown his final ''red''.

please Delia dont let him have the ashton money!! can you imagine who he will sign?? it could be the final destruction ofthe side.

Can you imagine the team minus ashton and mcveigh(in the summer)

and add say jonatan johannson and carl robinson!!

I just can''t see any further signings being made.  Doncaster is quoted in the EDP this morning say, "That''s it, no more money for loan or permanent signings", this suggests that the Board are optimistic about promotion this season and do not want to risk an further money, whether it be in transfer fees or wages UNLESS Worthy sells to fund further signings.

Our only saleable assetts are Ashton, Huckerby, Green.  Worthy could be interested in a deal that would see Jarrett go to Plymouth, however I doubt more than £250k would be banked.  I would like to see the fringe players leaving (ie Brennan, Charlton, Henderson), but there''s no way we''d get decent amounts for these guys, and then, who/how do you replace them.  The lower leagues will want silly money for their best assests (and we''ve just wasted £450k and a complete Donkey).

We absolutely MUST sign more players.  The managements inability to boost the squad in the summer has left it wafer thin.  I think we are a decent right back, central midfielder, right sided midfielder and at least one striker (2 if Deano goes) away from being a top side in this division

If there is no more cash for loans or purchases I assume that we will be sending Robinson back too once his loan finishes? 

Which leaves use with a midfield squad of JJ (to PAFC/out of favour) Hughes (injured), Safri (ACN) & Etuhu - which at least explains why we had to buy Dickson - he is our only fit midfield player in the squad...

This will be supplemented with defenders (Charlie, Brennan, Rossi Jarvis) or strikers (Hux, WLY, Hendo).   Perming 3 or 4 from those with Etuhu simply will not cut it in this league... and not give Ashton, hux or wly the service they need to make this club succeed..

For me we must simply sign midfielders - without that depth we will simply not compete - a central and right sided midfielder are a must. 

OTBC 

There must be something up worthys sleave because he''s  said he wants too add to the squad, not reduce it and we already had etuhu. If robinson goes and jarret returns were no bigger than where we started. Brennan, charlton, thorne, MLJ all must go and hendo and ryan j must be loaned.