Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

one player i would like city to sign in january is.......

MCVEIGH! he is out of contract in 6 months and under the terms of the league he is free to talk to any other club and sign a pre contract agreement. however if i were him i would think long and hard about signing for worthy again as he has been treated so poorly by worthy in the past. he is the most creative player we have at the club yet still he has not been offered a new contract, can anybody shed any light on why?

If Worthy lets mcVeigh goes then i think Wee Paul should go public about things at Colney and how things arent all "rose lee" in the papers...

for worthy to not give the man who potentiially, saved his job, a contract is sacriledge! sadly its the sort of childish Bully-like thing Worthless is likely to do

jas :)

can anybody shed any light on why?

- yeah, because he only plays well when his contract is up for renewal, and the rest of the time he has the consistency of a weak cup of tea.

Have you not been reading these boards of late? These arguements and counter arguements have been done to death. Mind you so has just about everything..

try thinking like Worthy, which words fit with McVeigh

Work Ethic, commitment, run all day, utility blah blah blah

McVeigh is flair, footballing ability, can pass, can dribble, can think

Square pegs in round holes and all that, sadly.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

MCVEIGH! he is out of contract in 6 months and under the terms of the league he is free to talk to any other club and sign a pre contract agreement. however if i were him i would think long and hard about signing for worthy again as he has been treated so poorly by worthy in the past. he is the most creative player we have at the club yet still he has not been offered a new contract, can anybody shed any light on why?

[/quote]

One of the problems  with message board posters is that we aren`t privy to what is actually going on behind the scenes !  

Its easy to blame Nigel  [ yet again ! ]   for his treatment  of McVeigh ,  but lets be fair here ,  McVeigh  , until recently  , has done very little  to make him an automatic 1st team choice !  he seems to turn it on as and when it suits him !   which Nigel needs like a hole in the head ....  

You couldn`t blame the club  if they are suspicious of any player  who doesn`t use his talents on a regular basis  , it smacks of a bad attitude ,  and we`ve had more than enough of THAT crap  !!  

As for creativity ,  there`s  only one player that has shown this on a CONSISTANT basis , and thats Hucks !       and McVeigh  needed   plenty of  Hucks creativity  to  get in amongst the goals  in the last 5 games  !!    

can anybody shed any light on why?

yeah, because he only plays well when his contract is up for renewal, and the rest of the time he has the consistency of a weak cup of tea.

Have you not been reading these boards of late? These arguements and counter arguements have been done to death. Mind you so has just about everything..

What about spending 500,000 on Etuhu, who playes like he doesnt give a crap when trying to prove he deserves a contract!!!  4 no shows in 6 starts!!  Preston, Millwall, Derby, Leicester - all games the midfield was appalling and he played 90 minutes.

I am offended after some shockers and noshow performances that we spend our last half a million on him - a total disgrace

as for mcVeigh - i dont think he is playing for a new contract and think he will leave for pastures new if worthy is still at the club.

We probably cant afford his wages because etuhu is probably on 8k a week, Mcveigh''s probably on 5k and worthys decided its best if he goes in the summer.