Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

So exactly when will Worthy leave?

The mini revival is over and didn''t really fool many of us. The squad is in the poorest state I think I have ever known, even threadbare suggests it is still serviceable, but we will not compete in this league with the resources we currently have. Nothing coming through from the youth policy as they aren''t given a chance in a first team ravaged by poor signings and injuries. We go into yet another year with little shape, players out of position, poor marking and lethargy as plentiful as left over turkey.

Worthington will go, at some stage just as the sun rises in the east. My gut instinct is that the 5 game run has bought him until the end of the season. Surely even the most myopic of Boards must realise that he isn''t going to take the club any further in the right direction. I hope that some behind the scenes talking must be occurring to do a deal in July- Worthy would prefer a "leaving by mutual consent" than a sacking so he must see the sense in compromise and continued failure would damage his reputation.

To contemplate going into season 2006-2007 with Worthy at the helm is a thought I find monumentally depressing. I want new blood, new ideas, fresh energy and the whole playing and coaching staff given a  good kick up the backside: hungry, motivated and renergised.

Jarrett, Etuhu and Hughes are looking like Worthy''s Dalglish, Hamilton and De Waard. I never thought that Delia would again allow a manager to stuff our side with inadequate loanees and poor signings. If she won''t stop it now, it has to happen in the summer. Doesn''t it?

A good post Tumbleweed, refreshing to read something a little more reasoned.  I, like you, yearn for that fresh energy and new ideas.  It seems obvious more than anything else that the club has gone stale.

A bit harsh I think to label Jarrett, Hughes and Etuhu as Dalglish, Hamilton and De Waard though - at least two of those signings looked very good on paper and just haven''t come off.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

The mini revival is over and didn''t really fool many of us. The squad is in the poorest state I think I have ever known, even threadbare suggests it is still serviceable, but we will not compete in this league with the resources we currently have. Nothing coming through from the youth policy as they aren''t given a chance in a first team ravaged by poor signings and injuries. We go into yet another year with little shape, players out of position, poor marking and lethargy as plentiful as left over turkey.

Worthington will go, at some stage just as the sun rises in the east. My gut instinct is that the 5 game run has bought him until the end of the season. Surely even the most myopic of Boards must realise that he isn''t going to take the club any further in the right direction. I hope that some behind the scenes talking must be occurring to do a deal in July- Worthy would prefer a "leaving by mutual consent" than a sacking so he must see the sense in compromise and continued failure would damage his reputation.

To contemplate going into season 2006-2007 with Worthy at the helm is a thought I find monumentally depressing. I want new blood, new ideas, fresh energy and the whole playing and coaching staff given a  good kick up the backside: hungry, motivated and renergised.

Jarrett, Etuhu and Hughes are looking like Worthy''s Dalglish, Hamilton and De Waard. I never thought that Delia would again allow a manager to stuff our side with inadequate loanees and poor signings. If she won''t stop it now, it has to happen in the summer. Doesn''t it?

[/quote]

As a supporter of Worthy even I can see that he''s got till the summer!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

As a supporter of Worthy even I can see that he''s got till the summer!

IMO, Tumbleweed, the real problem re Worthless is that MWJ and Delia are just far too nice. 

Having seen them mixing it with all and sundry - from Charles Clarke downwards (or should that be upwards...??) - in the Gunn club yesterday, it''s quite clear that they''re very happy doing that sort of thing (and long may it continue...) but would both run a mile rather than say ''Boo!'' to a goose.  A charming trait, but no good at all in the tough world of football.

That being the case, I can never see them facing up to marching Worthless off the premises. And no-one else will move without their say-so, since they hold the purse strings.

What I also find strange is that they cannot see that ''players'' (using the word in the broadest sense...) such as Etuhu have nothing to offer.  After all, he''s been on view for weeks now and has done precisely nothing... OK, except one good through ball to WLY against Leicester. 

Why let Worthless have the money for such non-entities when it''s blindingly obvious it''s about to be wasted?  Not even a polite ''are you absolutely sure this is a good use of our money, Nigel?'' seems to pass their lips.

Its'' all soooooooooo depressing.  [:(]

Well Oso, we have to hope that Delia and Michael got where they are today by having that bit of steel which many successful people possess. However I don''t think they will meddle in the manager''s dealings- that way spells trouble and is the cause of many a Board/Manager split. I agree with you that it would be ideal if they acted as some sort of "sanity check" but I suppose they have delegated team affairs to him so just have to trust his judgement. Unfortunately.

In reckon when we lose a home derby to kings lyn in the conference in 2010, we only need 3relegations and them 2 promotions. He will get a testamonial and then go.