Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

No More Money Available For Transfers!!!!

EDP Headline: No more new players unless finance is found, says chairman. Can anybody explain this nonsense? Any number-crunchers about this morning? My basic figures are: £25 million from simply being in the Premiership, £6 million parachute payments this season - £6 million for next. I know we had a massive wage bill in the Premier League, and spent a fair amount on ground improvements, but it still defies belief that we are virtually broke. In addition many, many clubs would envy our fantastic sell out crowds week in, week out, surely that alone gives us considerable financial clout. What the F... is going on? Sack Worthy and the board. Let''s bring some competent people in!!

Nigel''s wasted a lot so maybe the Board are in the same place (my post- "I hope we sign no-one in January") for the same reason. Would you make money available when you have seen what he has bought recently?

We are still paying the players premier wages which will eat into the £6m - Doncaster earlier this season confirmed wages stayed at enhanced levels while the parachute payments were being received.

Is there a little bit of telling selling clubs we have no more cash?

Mind you if I here the club tellme again that Everton nearly paid a million so Etuhu is a genuine january sale bargain I shall scream!  What was the mentality - the price was too good to leave him in the shop depite not filling the wholes we have????  I do think he will play better but fear he is another wasted  talent. like JJ, due to our tactical use of him.

OTBC 

Although Worthy has already stated he''s not interested (maybe he''s being cagey) in Chris Sutton I do think that if he''s available for £300,000 from Celtic he would be a great addition to the squad. 

Family ties to the area and a house in Roughton. He''s got to be worth a look at that money.

Worthy is a clown, etuhu''s a waste of money. Why didnt we keep him on loan and spend the money on someone better, surely that wouldnt of been to difficult. Etuhu wouldnt get in the Crewe team ad he would struggle to make southends. he wouldnt stand out if there was no-one else about.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

We are still paying the players premier wages which will eat into the £6m - Doncaster earlier this season confirmed wages stayed at enhanced levels while the parachute payments were being received.

Is there a little bit of telling selling clubs we have no more cash?

Mind you if I here the club tellme again that Everton nearly paid a million so Etuhu is a genuine january sale bargain I shall scream!  What was the mentality - the price was too good to leave him in the shop depite not filling the wholes we have????  I do think he will play better but fear he is another wasted  talent. like JJ, due to our tactical use of him.

OTBC 

[/quote]

of course we''re using spin, has no1else worked that out? we''re lying! if we say oh yeah we''ve got cash to burn like Chelski, we end up paying over the odds for players, look at Didier Drogba, most clubs could have offered £12mill and had their hands bitten off, but cuz chelsea have so much cash they end up paying £23mill!

and my other point is that ZLF - you are off the mark with ur comments about Prem wages, obviously i dont know the ins and outs but, from what i understand we write clauses into every contract that wages will be proportionate to which division we are in, so i dont think we are paying prem wages. thats not to say however we are not paying bloody good champ wages!!!

In one of his newspaper pieces Doncaster confirmed that the players with the club in the prem continue to receive enhanced wages while the parachute payments are being recieved, those being the terms of the ''divisional''  pay conditions written into the contracts - it does not make any sense to me either (I was fuming at the time too) Tom B but that was what he wrote as an explanation as to why there was not a larger transfer kitty falling out of the parachute monies.

OTBC

Every transfer window. Here we go again. Here''s some number crunching for you:

Can I buy your car? What do you want for it (by the way, I have 20 grand sitting in a bank account). So go on, how much do you want for it?

Or how about this. I have £100. I spend £40 on a night out. I spend £40 on a new shirt and £10 on some new socks. I make a payment of £10 on a new jacket and promise to pay the rest off when I get paid again. Do I still have £100? Why not, can anybody explain this nonsense?

Next week I get £25. £10 of that goes towards the jacket, the other £15 on another night out. Do I still have £25? Why not, can anybody explain this nonsense.

Bottom line is this: if you really believe the club are fiddling the accounts and syphoning off the money (and the accounts are public, I''ve got a copy of last year''s) then you need to file some sort of formal complaint.

How many clubs come down from the Prem and practically go broke? Norwich come down and don''t have to sell, but don''t have much money to buy with either. Do the club get praised for not putting us in the position where we have to sell? Nope. Because the glass-half-empty little Norwichers on this board think the moon really is made of cheese and the manager should be sacked for not taking us there.

We DO have financial clout. That''s how we can afford to have a striker, winger, goalkeeper that most other clubs in this division could not afford to have and would give their right arm for.

Sacking him now Wiz would cost us 12 months wages. Letting him do his best until May and then a  negotiated "Leaving by mutual consent" would allow him to leave with dignity and us to find a successor and not waste money we don''t seem to have this January.

I don''t understand how we offered £2m for Morrisson, and yet have spent only a fraction of that since then. Sounds like if they really want to dig deep they have a little emergency kitty, but they just don''t want to do that at the moment.

The parachute money went on infrastructure, deano,  wages etc.   Morrisons offer from us was well below £2m and was allegedly to be funded by leons sale.   The subsequent loan signings have eaten into the money we got for Damo. 

While I dont beleive that all the money has gone I have no doubt we can stretch a bit further than this headline.   

We received fees for Helveg and Jonsen and lost several bigger wages in the summer too when they, Damo, Holt, Eddy and Mullers - all on lower end prem scales salaries - left only to be replaced by JJ, Hughes, MLJ & Colin who will have signed for a fraction of their wages.

Tumbleweed for me the best use of any cash now would be to dispose of Worthy now preferably on a mutual basis if possible if not with a firm you are sacked.  That way we can get the painful rehealing bit underway sooner rather than later and prevent any possible spending of any Ashton/Green fee by a manager whose shelf life is counting down.   However I am resigned (I with he would :-) ) to Worthy being around at least to the summer and probably beyond.