Sign in to follow this  
DuncanMirams

STOP BEING NEGATIVE

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]the team went on a five game winning streak and we lose one and its all back to doom and gloom[/quote]

the club is half a million pounds poorer and has another poor player on the books.  and we still have no right hand side.

it was the manner of the defeat against PNE that has upset people.  city served up a dross performance that can only be excused as a bad day at the office or tiredness because of the 4 games in 8 days. but the point is, why did worthy play a 3 man midfiled comprised of dicko out of position, and half fit player in robbo in the centre and if he was being honest, simon charlton was too knackered to last 20 mins let alone 90 and should of never played?With PNE having a game postponed they were fresher than we were, and worthy should have started with hendo, dicko, rossi jarvis and brennan, who wouldn''t have set the world alight, but could have served up some entertainment for the crowd.  if hendo, rossi and brennan couldn''t get to start a match in these circumstances, why even have them at the club, becuase worthy doesn''t rate them above injured and match tired players?the match was an embarrassing mis-match and people are entitled to let worthy know they weren''t happy.

You''re absolutely right Duncan.  We''ve won 5 games! AWOOHOO!!  I mean after all if you had said to me in the summer that by the new year we''d be languishing mid table, been playing abysmal football for 4 months, let players go on frees and replaced them with poorer one''s, spent a million on players like Hughes and Etuhu and prefer to play players out of position than give the kids a go, well I''d have bitten your hand off quite frankly

Yes OK, but you must understand it''s given those guys a real lift after all those depressing wins. Seriously though - there''s probably nobody on this forum who thinks that everything''s rosy with the club, but the extreme negativists just go too far. But that''s football fans, and we''re no better than any others. It would be nice, once in a while, to read a post with a bit of "pro and con" in it, some balance. So....

THE BOARD

Pro: Enthusiastic, principled, they''ve developed the Club to diversify its income, and invested their own money

Con: Naive, in footballing terms.

THE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

Pro:  Steadied the ship financially, built up support, improved the facilities hugely.

Con:  Failed to control the waste of resources from recruiting unsuitable players, and to improve the recruiting policy; put the screws on and prevented an adequate squad being assembled.

THE FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT AND COACHING

Pro:  Avoided relegation with a very poor squad. Successfully introduced previously unused squad players into 1st team; achieved play-offs; won 1st Division Championship without the resources of other leading clubs; attracted more fans; attracted good players; has improved the quality of the squad; has made some good signings, particularly financially.

Con:  Failed to compete at all in the Premiership; success rate of recruits (per player, not financial gain) not great; fails to motivate players; some concern over fitness and sports science; apparent holes in coaching (e.g. set pieces); has put together a sparse squad with some serious gaps.

THE PLAYERS

Pro:  Capable of winning this Division.

Con:  Won''t win it; can''t self-motivate; too fond of the comfort zone.

THE FANS

Pro:  There''s lots of us now; we put up with rubbish at times without booing; we ARE the Club.

Con:  We all know best, even when we know very little.

Those are my opinions. I may be being unfair to people, and I''m sure things are more complicated than this. So there are lots of causes for concern, but let''s not get silly about it.