Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Looks like Dean Ashton on his way then :-(

I agree Paul. It''s hard to square a reported £2 million bid with a ''no more cash'' sob story from Munby unless Ashton is on his way....  The New Year just gets better and better, doesn''t it...?  Must remember to shake Worthless warmly by the throat next time I see him..!! [:D]

Oh joy Paul, another hot young prospect for Worthy to bloody ruin.

If we did get him , watch the goals dry up.

And don''t even get me started on the last joke we signed from Cardiff!.

So where is this confirmation then, is it the same confirmation as the one in the summer when we tried to sign Morrison. Just looks like 2+2=5 to me

is that right weston???  where is this 2 million quid coming from??  and where is this right sided midfielder???  or maybe he is buying Jerome to play there!!!

how much money do we have - i would like to think they are doing what i suggested - strengthen now and offset against selling deano in the summer should we fail to be promoted.  But I doubt it

SIGN HIM UP. If we are going to lose Ashton, which it looks like we are, i am bloody glad worthless is bidding for a decent replacement. Jerome is a player i would accept as a replacement for Deano should we be forced to lose him, and i have no qualms about getting the lad here, he is absolutely top quality!im happy with that. i dont wanna lose deano but if we are going to, Jerome wouldve been my first choice replacement!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Oh joy Paul, another hot young prospect for Worthy to bloody ruin.

If we did get him , watch the goals dry up.

And don''t even get me started on the last joke we signed from Cardiff!.

[/quote]

minds gone blank, who was the last joke we signed from cardiff.

On back of the no cash story, and the fact this rumour comes via the EN with a direct Worthy quote (we did want morrison - he just wanted somewhere else) combined with the real squad shortfalls in midfield the ONLY conclusions to come to must be the deano is on his way or delia is about to sell 25% to a russian oil baron.   Why else would be enquiring about a striker??

Jerome does look useful (pacy and strong) but the quoted price is higher for a 1st season striker.      The last player we signed from Cardiff was Thorne - who has not been given a chance to show his worth.  The only game he had any service was against Luton when he looked the dogz..

OTBC

Well according to the Cardiff staff 2 mill wont even buy his boots.  Hope in that case we dont end up blowing all the money we get for Ashton on one player especially once we pay Crewe what we owe them as there is more than the strike force that need sorting out.  

Maybe it''s just me, but we all seem to be looking at the obvious - selling Ashton.  Had anyone thought that maybe it''s NOT Ashton we are selling, but Green?  My Everton contacts seem pretty certain a bid is on it''s way, somewhere in the region of £1.5m.  Although that wouldn''t be as much as the Cardiff staff seem to think Jerome is worth, I would guarantee that a concrete bid around that figure would secure his services.  After all, Cardiff are still struggling financially..........

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

I think the below link confirms Ashton is leaving,. 2 million bid for Cameron Jerome.  we are trying to buy before we sell so we dont get ripped off.

http://www.en24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED04%20Jan%202006%2010%3A49%3A48%3A717

[/quote]

Paul... I know you''re keen to bash Worthy at every turn, but please point me to exactly where it says a) we''ve made a bid and b) what the price was? Because the way I read it, that was a comment made by Dave Jones in response to a query from another club and has nothing to do with Norwich. It''s about as accurate as the "reported" £2m bid for Morrison.

But don''t let the absence of any facts get in the way of dissing the club.

Oh and for the others - If Worthy has ''destroyed'' Ashton then why has his value more than doubled? If he were to buy and then ''destroy'' someone like Jerome in a similar way, I say bring it on. ;-)

Thats a fair shout temp - but does not explain why we were enquiring about yet another striker when we already have loads but no midfield? 

well i think you can agree worthy has so far failed to get the best out of ashton - i think destroyed is an over the top remark

on the pinkun website version the first line reads: 

"The first of City''s potential transfer window swoops emerged today as Canary boss Nigel Worthington confirmed his interest in Cardiff City''s England Under-21 prospect Cameron Jerome."

so i guess that confirms interest mate.  And no im not dissing the club i am dissing the way worthy has so far wasted its money this season repeatdly with below average players

Worthless is master of the smoke-screen all right, Weston.... neither the team nor the supporters can work out what the hell he''s up to, most of the time.... and if you listen to him on the radio, it just gets smokier...[:D]

Agreed ZLF - I am also not sure we really need another striker, but at least in Jerome we have a target worth looking at!  I would much prefer a right midfielder and another central midfielder personally, but there you go.

I agree with the priorities - it has to be a a central and right sided midfielder for me too but they are likely to cost a bit as I think we need better than we have at the moment so that the current players become good squad players.  This will also mean real competition for places when all are fit and cover for those unforeseen injuries suspensions international absences etc. 

I would also be very happy to see Jerome here too as any talented youngsters with potential to burn has to be the best way forward for the club.   As long as we dont them play him on the right flank and he does not arrive at the expense of being able to strengthen the middle of the park.

Personally I don''t believe anything that comes out of the spin machine that is Carrow Road.  We''ve seen it too often before.  No money for transfers; bang, next day someone is brought in.  That player won''t be leaving; bang, next day he''s at another clubs press conference.  We''re after this player; oops, no we''re not it was all a smokescreen.  God only knows who is coming in and who is going out but the one thing that is for sure is we have the right to be seriously worried if Nigel Worthington is behind the deal

My concern with Jerome is his agent - a certain Mr. Tony Finnegan.Does my beer-fogged brain play tricks, or is he the same guy who represents Damien Francis? If so, the blighter owes us a player after packing the boy off to the bright lights of Wigan!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Agreed ZLF - I am also not sure we really need another striker, but at least in Jerome we have a target worth looking at!  I would much prefer a right midfielder and another central midfielder personally, but there you go.[/quote]

Thats the kind off attitude that annoys me so much :  " I would much prefer a right midfielder and another central midfielder personally, but there you go." 

there you go wrecking our squad but im not too bothered.

Reading have spent about as much as we have of recent times and have built a talented young balanced squad of players - they have 2 right sided midfielders. they have a good back 4 - not just 3 good players please note.  They do not play long ball. hell they even got 500,000 sppending money when we brouoght one of there lesser players of them - i mean who would you rather have

Andy Hughes at 500,000

Glenn Little at 100,000

The bargains and players are their.  We are just currently signing teams second raters and wasting money on loans to cover poor signings.

How much is Jarrett on????

ashtons going nowhere, but i think you''ll find two players will be released very shortly. dont worry, even though they were on a few quid we wont miss them much.

[quote user="yella fella"]ashtons going nowhere, but i think you''ll find two players will be released very shortly. dont worry, even though they were on a few quid we wont miss them much.[/quote]

Are you willing to expand on your secret info?