Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

The result swingometer

Get a bad result and the 5 or 6 WO''s are off, patting each others backs about how they know so much more than the manager & the board. It must be a real burden knowing that ultimately its all a waste of time and your superior knowledge will be ignored. Never mind the next time theres a vacancy for manager at CR you can all apply, just take your posts as references. 

I hear Ade Akinbiyi would be going cheap!!!!

Failing that what about Brining Dean Coney out of retirement???? Our Friend Ulf Ottosson still plays the game, so does Raymond De Waard... Perhaps worthy can spend his 10 million on all of them!

One things for sure WHEN Deano goes, worthy will sign 3 or 4 players in an attempt to replace one. as he has done in his rather poor attmept to replace Francis.

jas :)

[quote user="A load of squit"]Get a bad result and the 5 or 6 WO''s are

off, patting each others backs about how they know so much more than

the manager & the board. It must be a real burden knowing that

ultimately its all a waste of time and your superior knowledge will be

ignored. Never mind the next time theres a vacancy for manager at CR

you can all apply, just take your posts as references. [/quote]

Blah blah blah

load of old squit

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]im glad your enjoying him signing all these poor players squit.  I wonder who we will buy if ashton goes - cant wait to find out!![/quote]

Dean Windass is still kicking around I believe.

A proven goal scorer at all levels (especially League One), would be very cheap given his age and surely Worthy would be very interested in anybody with Ass in their name - so that he fits in nicely with all the other donkeys bought.

Jas

I rather hope that when Deano goes, Worthy does too.  The prospect of 3 to 4 players to replace Deano, based on the 3 to 4 to replace Damien Francis just doesn''t bear thinking about. 

I see that you are so determined to just perpetuate myths about players and the manager that none of you 5 or 6 actually answered my post and one of you (the one who doesn''t understand how transfers happen) has regredded to being a 5 year old.

I do not think that five wins on the trot proved that Worthy is a good manager. When you examine them closely, we just defeated the bottom club Crewe, we struggled to beat Leicester another lowly team, and we say nothing about Burnley. The Great Achievement was undoubtedly at Bramall Lane, according to Warnock goals gifted by his team. Let us claim that two of the goals were well created. The defence played out of their skins generally in a a rearguard action, where the blades had 60% of possession. Blades strikers were out injured or coming back, and their substitutes missed some good chances. It could have been so different!Nothing has happened in the past six games to change opions, that despite a few signings over the summer we have possibly the poorest midfield in the Championship, many of us were disappointed at the signings when we heard comments from fans at the other clubs, and Etuhu''s coming has provoked unfavourable comments.With virtually the sole exceptions of Ashton and Huckerby, our signings have been poor. Some even had to have their contracts bought out because they were unselectable. Millions of pounds have been squandered, and even if half of the signings had proved good we would not be in the parlous state we are in, with.perhaps approaching half of our senior staff not really up to standard. I will make no comment about team selection or tactics, beyond pointing out that we had two left backs in the three man midfield for a period in our last game, with a central midfielder (Rossi) sitting on the bench!I take no pleasure in a poor performance by the Canaries, or a defeat, but every such is a painful reminder of what might have been and what is. Even with Ashton, the present side would struggle to hold the promotion team!

Did you go to Sheffield United or Leicester? They were good wins but they certainly were not good performances, especially Leicester. The second half against Burnley? The fact that we got 5 wins changes nothing. We still havn''t replaced Francis, we still have no midfield with out Safri, he still picked Holt over Safri in the premiership, we still have no right midfielder, he has still made poor signings, we still play long ball football....

Shall I go on?

Until he starts signing decent players to replace the ones that have left, until we start passing the ball on the ground, until he recognises that talent is more important than hard work, until he stops playing players out of position and until he starts using our promising youngsters (in their correct position), I will still want him out.

[quote user="premier1"]You dont even need to be clever to know Worthingtons a poor manager it sticks out a mile Dicky .[/quote]

Fair enough. I mean, Worthy hasn''t even come close to getting promotion* with Norwich has he?

* since many of the ''new'' fans started going to games in 2004/05.

[quote user="premier1"]You dont even need to be clever to know Worthingtons a poor manager it sticks out a mile Dicky . It is Dicky isnt it ? Dicky when we win Squit when we lose ?[/quote]

I am not Dicky. NW is not a poor manager.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]Amarillo rate each of worthys signings this season out of 10 for me  - for how you think they have done so far - dont hold back mate.[/quote]

Paul... my point isn''t that everything is fine and dandy. Clearly we would like to be near or at the top of the league. Many people think that with our squad we really ''should'' be. But there''s my point: how can anyone say ''should be at the top with this squad (which Worthy signed)'' and ''this squad is rubbish (which Worthy signed)''. And if we want to have players like Ashton, Hux, Green, Drury who are going to take a huge slice of the wage bill, then we''re going to have a smaller squad. It''s like saying ''if we sell Ashton we can buy several players to replace him''. EXACTLY. He costs the same as several lesser players. Like it or not, we can have either quality or quantity, but not both, it''s simple maths.

I don''t think the players we have signed are Premiership quality. I don''t even think that they''re the best players in this division. But I would challenge you to find a top class midfielder for 500k, or probably more to the point, one who will sign for a few grand per week. If it were easy to do, plenty of big clubs (in this division) would be queuing up to sign him.

I really hate the way some posters think that there are easy solutions. If there really were, don''t you think that 23 other managers would also be adopting them? EVERY club has fans complaining about injuries, small squads, playing players out of position (as a result of the former two things), signings that didn''t work out and so on. And ok, we''re entitled to moan, but it annoys me when the vitriol reaches the proportions it has.

Finally: look at is this way: some people think the club ''has gone backwards'' under Worthy. Well, ok...

If that''s true, if we have a lesser squad than we did under Hamilton, then we''re over-achieving this season aren''t we?

If it''s not, if we have a better squad, then the club has moved forward. Just being in the position of having several top players that other clubs want, that we don''t want to sell, and that we don''t have to sell is a first in the past decade....

[quote user="Amarillo"]

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]Amarillo rate each of worthys signings this season out of 10 for me  - for how you think they have done so far - dont hold back mate.[/quote]

Paul... my point isn''t that everything is fine and dandy. Clearly we would like to be near or at the top of the league. Many people think that with our squad we really ''should'' be. But there''s my point: how can anyone say ''should be at the top with this squad (which Worthy signed)'' and ''this squad is rubbish (which Worthy signed)''. And if we want to have players like Ashton, Hux, Green, Drury who are going to take a huge slice of the wage bill, then we''re going to have a smaller squad. It''s like saying ''if we sell Ashton we can buy several players to replace him''. EXACTLY. He costs the same as several lesser players. Like it or not, we can have either quality or quantity, but not both, it''s simple maths.

I don''t think the players we have signed are Premiership quality. I don''t even think that they''re the best players in this division. But I would challenge you to find a top class midfielder for 500k, or probably more to the point, one who will sign for a few grand per week. If it were easy to do, plenty of big clubs (in this division) would be queuing up to sign him.

I really hate the way some posters think that there are easy solutions. If there really were, don''t you think that 23 other managers would also be adopting them? EVERY club has fans complaining about injuries, small squads, playing players out of position (as a result of the former two things), signings that didn''t work out and so on. And ok, we''re entitled to moan, but it annoys me when the vitriol reaches the proportions it has.

Finally: look at is this way: some people think the club ''has gone backwards'' under Worthy. Well, ok...

If that''s true, if we have a lesser squad than we did under Hamilton, then we''re over-achieving this season aren''t we?

If it''s not, if we have a better squad, then the club has moved forward. Just being in the position of having several top players that other clubs want, that we don''t want to sell, and that we don''t have to sell is a first in the past decade....

[/quote]

Will everyone please take note, the above is an example of a balanced and thoughtful post based on the facts.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

Will everyone please take note, the above is an example of a balanced and thoughtful post based on the facts.

[/quote]

yep ok

1) we have gone backwards since promotion

2) you tell me a club who spends more than 1 million on a player in this division??

a robbie blake costs 500,000

steve sidwell cost 50,000

kenny miller or Koumas on loan

a Paul Ifill costs 800,000

glenn little cost 100,000

danny webber 500,000

reo coker was free

etherington was valued at 500,000 in his swap deal

Sean Gregan etc etc etc

the only player i can  think of this season for over 1 million is clinton morrison for 1.8 million

these were good players doing well for there clubs - why are we now signing players failing to perform for championship clubs??

so yes you can buy a decent championchip quality midfielder for 500,000 - Safri cost 500,000, Francis cost 200,000, Holt cost 200,000, Mulryne cost 500,00 (all are or were - better than Hughes Jarrett and Etuhu)

Hopefully robinson will sign up as he looks passable and a lot better bet than Etuhu - who then wont get in the team!!!!  its a terrible signing

3) i do not think we have a lesser squad than under hamilton - we have some good players, But take Ashton and McVeigh out of the mix - highly likely come the end of this season, add another year to huckerby and i think we are struggling

squit id like to make a point that the reason no one answered the question in the first post.... is because u didnt ask one.....

Read it again and tell me where the question and question mark are?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit id like to make a point that the reason no one answered the question in the first post.... is because u didnt ask one.....

Read it again and tell me where the question and question mark are?

[/quote]

Jas, I asked if anyone answered the post, I didn''t say anything about a question, thats why there isn''t a question mark anywhere.

Perhaps you would like to read it again. 

Paul Rankin - I don''t know why you even bother trying to reason with some of the KTF posters, mate, you''re wasting your breath.