Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

Anyone willing to cough up some more of their hard-earned dosh?

“It is within our powers to overspend the budget,” said chairman Roger Munby. “But if you overspend you must under-spend elsewhere or bring in more new money.”

“The money might be from sales
, or from other sources,” he said, citing the share issue of two years ago which enabled City to buy Darren Huckerby and also contributed towards the purchase of Dean Ashton a year ago".

So - anyone out there willing to part with some more of their cash for Worthless to spend?  With a squad our size (ignoring quality...) it seems to me that they either have to

1. sell Ashton (£8 million) and Jarrett (£8) in order to buy; or

2. make do with what they''ve got (season over, on that basis...); or

3. hand round the begging bowl.  Ha! ha! [:P]

I''d go for 2, on the basis it should mean ''game over'' for Worthless.  Thoughts?
  [^o)]

“It is within our powers to overspend the budget,” said chairman Roger Munby. “But if you overspend you must under-spend elsewhere...”

So how is that over-spending then - isnt that just juggling the budget rather than overspending?

OTBC

Not bloody likely! why should i fork out another £100 for this dross... they have got my money gfor another 3 years for a season ticket.. im not giving my hard earned cash for Worthy to waste on yet another Donkey!

jas :)

Oso

I think you have got Jarrett''s valuation wrong- I mean how could you possibly say he is worth £8, its ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself suggesting that a man of his quality is worth that amount. You need to move the decimal point one place to the left, that''s a far more realistic valuation.

The £8 did include the cost of a one-way bus ticket to Plymouth, of course.  That was £7.95 the last time I checked, Tumbleweed. [;)]

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

The £8 did include the cost of a one-way bus ticket to Plymouth, of course.  That was £7.95 the last time I checked, Tumbleweed. [;)]

[/quote]

Is he really worth 5p?