Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Who on here agrees with me that worthy has taken the club backwards since promotion

Even with numerous players coming into the club the club has not got

A decent Right Back

A Right midfielder of any descript

Only 1 good Central midfielder - altho numerous midfield numpteys seem to be at the club

and does not even looking like signing a player of any quality - especially after NW workrate comments which are now coming daily

ALSO
why are McVeigh and Hucks targeted for critisism yet none is laid at Etuhu, colin and brennan for absolutely unbeleivably inept performances even shadowing Paul Mcveigh when we hoof it at him all game.

Get a grip worthy, please

I Don''t think we have gone backwards YET!!!

But we''ve nearly gone full circle.

When he took over he cleared out all the dead wood and eventully got us into the premiership.

But he has since got us down and filled the squad with dead wood for me Colin, Etuhu, Hughes, MLJ & Thorne are in the same league as Derveld, De Waard, De Blaisis, Cottee & Walsh.

All we need to do now to complete the full circle is auction of Ashton like we did Bellamy and sink into the relgation zone.

Worthington, wether you like it or not, has done this club a superb job. Tooks us from relegation battlers in the champ to Division 1 champions and them prem. Play offs along the way, without him nothing would have happened other than perhaps league 1

i agree with you there northern - however since promotion he has started to take us backwards - signings (the most important part of a club ias its playing staff) have been poor and with Etuhu (having heard fronm preston fans and seen myself) looks to be a particuarly awful one as he is aparantly a sulker who doesnt turn up in matches - as we have seen Millwall away, preston, derby etc

do we not get these players scouted???  do we not find out what the locals at preston thought of him??

His signing bodes really badly as the chants ''Send him back'' from the norwich fans on monday represent an awful start to his career here, and at a cost of half a million pounds!!! .....

Worthington has done all that Northern or money has done that , i believe any half decent manager would have achieved more if they were given the sums Worthington has , he is poor, just look at the type of player he is signing even now , workhorses with very very limited footballing ability.

Just to cheer you up even more Ranting there are also agents fees and signing on fees. Bet he cost a lot more than 500K. Oh! And don''t forget three and a half years of wages. Let''s hope he comes good.

Im sure we dont scout our players.. someone probably bangs on worthys door and says "some Layabout/hasbeen/whinger/clown/muppet has just been released onto footballs scrap heap by his club.. as we have no players we should snap him up today Nigel!!!"

to which im sure Worthy replies "YEH!!!! lets look like im making an effort!"

Last season we Had Edworthy and Helveg at Right back.. Helveg took a while to settle in, but was at one stage one of the best Right backs in the world.... it was a hell of a coo to see him, a man who has played for #Inter and AC Milan, won countless trophies and played at World cups, in a Norwich shirt.

Even Marc Edworthy. Someone who had played ngh on 400 games in his career (Most of which were in the top flight with Palace and Coventry) bought experiance, Leadership, Professionalism and ability. ok so he didnt have goals in him but he got his fair share of assists and was assured in the tackle.

Both players were off loaded in relegation and replaced by Colin (i admit i like him but lets face it.. when he signed who was saying ''Jurgen who''?" and MLJ (who has only played twice for us.. a fact lost on some of you when judging his perfromances)

On the right we had Bentley, ok i wasnt keen on him.. but he came from Arsenal.. and lets face it you dont play for them if your crap.... We Also had Matthias Jonsson... he struggled to settle in to the pace of the premiership, but did at times show perhaps what he could do... again another international, someone who had played and Scored in both world cups and European championships.. Would he really have been out of place in the championship... i think not?

The midfeild Numpteys.. whatever anyone says about Damien Francis he never said he wanted to leave.. i think he only went AWOL pre season because he was sick of the childish rumours, what the fans were saying, and what the media were saying.. and who can blame him! the 4 we have bought in to replace him haven''t been up to it.. I have "frasncis 20" on the back of my shirt... I take Great delight now when the fans who were slagging him off say "we should never got rid of Francis"... if we could turn back time and do things differently, the fans and the media... im sure they would.

And lastly, Matthias Svensson.. a proven assest at Championship Level who took advantage of a clause in his contract that should never of been in place in the first instance, thanks that the naivety and Short sightedness of the board we lost someone we knew could do a job.. and would of been reasonable backup for Deano....

yes we are going backwards.. and spiralling downwards rapidly... Worthy needs to realise that the longer he stays in the job the more respect he loses... if he walsk away, head held high.. and admits that "i have taken this club as far as i can and i feel a parting of the ways is in both parties interests.. good luck Norwich!" then we will hold him in the esteem and acclaim he so richly Deserves as a Norwich LEgend.. the longer it goes on though.. the worse it becomes

jas :)

Has worthy taken us backwards since he joined us - no - we have improved significantly as a team in the last 5 years.

Since promotion has the club progressed?  Yes - the club is far more financially secure despite increased debts and has completed some sustainable infrastructure improvements on the back of his sides success.

The only thing that has gone backwards is the squad and match day performances.  The squad is now too small in size in, particular in midfield with no right sided midfield options and poor quality central midfield players.   This lack of quality in midfield has seriously impacted on pitch performances taking us from playing attacking stylish football to an over-reliance on a long ball game combined with a mentality over focused on work ethic at the cost of quality.

The club is in a better position - the team is not.

OTBC

He has not taken us backwards, except in the last season and a half, but he certainly has not taken us forward. He has squandered so much money on poor signings that it looks as if we may have to sell our prize asset in order for someone to build a decent football team.From which you may infer that my feelings are that apart from Ashton the skill level in the team is no higher than it was in the dark days of Hamilton. Except on those odd occasions when McV, Deano and Hux are all playing well together we do not look like a particularly good outfit. Take away Safri and we look decidedly poor.

ZLF, have we really short changed our midfield this season in terms of depth and quality?

Last season we had:

RM: Bentley, Henderson, Jonson

CM: Safri, Francis, Holt, Helveg(?)

LM: Huckerby, McVeigh, Brennan

At the start of this season we had:

RM: Marney, Henderson

CM: Safri, Hughes

With the loan signings we now have:

RM: Henderson

CM: Safri, Hughes, Robinson, Etuhu

On that basis a glaring need at the start of the season was a natural right-sided midfield player and cover in the middle.

The more glaring need now is a natural right-sided midfield player.

Something Worthy hasn''t addressed at all this season preferring to

continue with the "third" striker in the right sided midfield role.

See when you look at it we''ve not had a ball playing midfield player

alongside Safri for the last season and a half. Would you describe

Francis as such.

By all accounts, Hughes is Holt in all but name. Heart on the sleeve

huff and puff but no exceptional ball talent (oh apart from that one

pass to Ashton against Palace). Robinson and Etuhu, how do they rate

against Francis?

i have agree morph - even last season we played gary holt in over half the games - looking back its a little poor. hughes actually is worse than holt as the team appears to lack any shape when he plays.  At least robinson does seem to have good positioning and harrying skills and altho is not brilliant he is solid and is able to find the safri''s mcveigh''s and huckerbys with a simple pass he also passes forwards which ws always a problem with the norwich midfield.  if we do not sign him i think i will have a benny, and if we do sign him etuhu wont get in the side....

Paul Rankin

"His signing bodes really badly as the chants ''Send him back'' from the norwich fans on monday represent an awful start to his career here, and at a cost of half a million pounds!!! ....."

Can I ask where those chants took place and how far into the game? I dont remember hearing any? Just curious..

2nd half from trhe lower barclay from a large number of people.  also everyone around me could not understand why we were signing him as he had been rubbish.

I guess as people have said the guy was signed unofficially 2 months ago.  shame our scouts couldnt see past his powerful physique to the ability and attitude below.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

2nd half from trhe lower barclay from a large number of people.  [/quote]

Fair enough, im in Lower Barclay C block, and didnt hear anything. Infact I dont think I heard anything other than booing the referee. I must be going deaf.

Im lower barclay E.  you do get a lot more um how to put it on this board.. less easy to please people over here i think anyway...

i dunno mate i have only just got over the fact we signed him and hopefully he has just had a slow start and will come good.  [:)]