Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Renew your season ticket time!

Yes, just as the easter eggs are appearing on the sooperdoopermarket shelves, Rogernater Mumbles is priming the loyal supporter''s - to release what funds are left in their personal piggy banks post a costly Xmas, and in turn, persuade us to purchase a valuable season ticket! Jerome is bandied about as a prospective (we''re ambitious) purchase - to whet the appetite of the undecided! Since when has Nige flashed his cards or intentions to us or other clubs? We will not sign him, he will do a Zamora and go to a mid-table Prem club. Sweetener''s are being brought to the fore, with comments that we are the most loyal (but fickle!) fans in the league.

I cringe at the way the club has suddenly started shouting from atop of the flloodlight stantions: "Roll Up! Roll Up! you amazing, articulate and generous people, we luvs you all!"  "Come get these valued season tickets and watch us fly up the League!"

"My hearse!"   What a load of horlicks.......I kept the faith last year - as in the other previous years, because I support and love this club, but now I''m finding it rather difficult to generate or motivate myself to give up my diminishing dosh, and prepare yet again, for another disappointing and mundane season with  this present Manager and his assistants. In fact, I am slowly becoming disillusioned with Delia, Micky Wynn, Chairman Mumbles, Nearly Doncaster and the rest of the spineless board.......Believe me! I certainly don''t want to feel this way, but I can''t accept the way things have gone for the last 20 months! I love the Club, and I don''t want to feel despondant and negative, but quite frankly, (even after 5 wins) whether a KTF''r or WOuter - I can''t forsee any positives in the not so distant future. Just thought I''d let you all know how I feel at this moment in time, and that I''m seriously undecided whether to become just a member and attend selective games.........Anyone else feel similar? ;~(    

its difficult to argue the point except to say would listening to waller on a sat afternoon be such a good alternative ? we go because we like inflicting pain on ourselves , its the way of things .

Mello Yello intoned

Yes, just as the easter eggs are appearing on the sooperdoopermarket shelves, Rogernater Mumbles is priming the loyal supporter''s - to release what funds are left in their personal piggy banks post a costly Xmas, and in turn, persuade us to purchase a valuable season ticket! Jerome is bandied about as a prospective (we''re ambitious) purchase - to whet the appetite of the undecided! Since when has Nige flashed his cards or intentions to us or other clubs? We will not sign him, he will do a Zamora and go to a mid-table Prem club. Sweetener''s are being brought to the fore, with comments that we are the most loyal (but fickle!) fans in the league.

I cringe at the way the club has suddenly started shouting from atop of the flloodlight stantions: "Roll Up! Roll Up! you amazing, articulate and generous people, we luvs you all!"  "Come get these valued season tickets and watch us fly up the League!"

"My hearse!"   What a load of horlicks.......I kept the faith last year - as in the other previous years, because I support and love this club, but now I''m finding it rather difficult to generate or motivate myself to give up my diminishing dosh, and prepare yet again, for another disappointing and mundane season with  this present Manager and his assistants. In fact, I am slowly becoming disillusioned with Delia, Micky Wynn, Chairman Mumbles, Nearly Doncaster and the rest of the spineless board.......Believe me! I certainly don''t want to feel this way, but I can''t accept the way things have gone for the last 20 months! I love the Club, and I don''t want to feel despondant and negative, but quite frankly, (even after 5 wins) whether a KTF''r or WOuter - I can''t forsee any positives in the not so distant future. Just thought I''d let you all know how I feel at this moment in time, and that I''m seriously undecided whether to become just a member and attend selective games.........Anyone else feel similar? ;~(    

Hmmm Mello!

Yes it is that time of year again and I am thinking that away wins at Sheff Utd., Leicester and Crewe do not sell Carrow Road season tickets when games like the last debacle arise.

Infact, too few home goals and some poor home performances in front of good and supportive crowds have been the order of this season.

More than that, in addition to having prescious little to get excited about the Manager said on the radio he didn''t care what the supporters think. I can now reveal that Mrs. Hucker who is not an attendee at games but who sat beside me in the car when that came out said: ''Sounds like he has shot his bolt there.'' I still think this sticks in the supporters memories.

Yes, you sit as I do in ''The Crypt'' and doubtless have noticed the decline in the quality of the coffee, the quantity of the biscuits and the rarity of hot water in the gents.

As much as I admire truly loyal fans like Gazza I personally will remove things from my life which no longer provide value for my money, time and most of all emotions and re-invest in something else. Call me fickle but there you have it and I am being honest. I do not have enough time now to do everything I want and I will not suffer mediocrity as I feel I owe Norwich City absolutely nothing.

City have done well over the last few years to build up the supporter base through marketing and season ticket schemes. This support has survived relegation but is now perhaps reaching a watershed.

The club has grown and become a little too avaricious. The players have become too distant. The open day last year was so controlled and sterile compared to others in the past and some players seem to think they are above meeting the fans. Perhaps the Club could get Iwan back as a Supporter Liaison whatever. I nearly said manager but I think there is now too much of a management ethos at Carrow Road which mirrors government and business and frankly the thinking population are sick of it.

So, the answer is Mello, I don''t know and I could easily go either way.

I cannot see a time when I could ever not renew my season ticket but I totally agree with everything you said there. I used to think that our board of directors were the best in football but I now believe I was wrong. They did a brilliant job turning around the clubs finances but I do worry about their grasp of the football side of things. Do they not realise that Norwich City is supposed to be a club that plays nice football and not one that plays long ball, and that the manager values hard work and effort above talent and quality? Everything is rosy when the team is doing well but they also need to make difficult decisions when things aren''t going well. Obviously they don''t think that a tough decision needs to be made but personally, I think they are very wrong.

I would love to know what they see as an acceptable finishing position for this season given that the ''Charlton model'' would have us going straight back up. The whole point of going straight back up is that you can keep some of your premiership players to get you back up and you have parachute money. If you don''t go straight back up, you lose all the decent players and getting up becomes much more difficult. After we had such a poor start to the season, they should have bitten the bullet and tried to make a change that would get us promotion this year. Sadly, I think promotion is pretty unlikely now ( we have to play without a midfield until Safri comes back in February so I can''t see us getting too many points) and we will end up stuck in this division for many years to come with a squad of players nowhere near good enough to get promotion. Hope I''m wrong but I don''t think I am.

It''s all very depressing.

Rudolph

You and Mello have to still attend, how could the exiles and those supporters not able to get a ST possibly live without "Tales from the City Stand" next year?  You two keep me smiling and I am even thinking of joining you both in the Cathedral Lounge next year if I can paint enough rich people''s spare bedrooms in time    lol  It sounds such fun in there!

Am I loyal then Rudolph,  some on here think me fickle as I am a Worthy Outer.  Despite the prospect of the hoofball man still in charge I will renew, cos quite frankly if I don''t what else will I do with my Saturday afternoons, especially in the cold weather?  Yoda, on this thread puts it well, rather buy a ST than listen to Roy Waller, and we quite like the pain of it all really don''t we.  Which is why we like coming on here and moaning about things (yes I do like moaning and ranting however much the KTFs don''t like me doing it). 

Seriously, I am as concerned as you both with the way things are looking, I too have noticed the way the Open Day has changed in the past three or four years.  I despair of ever seeing entertaining football ever again, but hope one day the Board do indeed wake up and smell the coffee and change managerial personnel and their perception of where this club should be.  They have done a lot of good, but we can''t just sit and hope things might improve, or even worse, accept that this season is okay. 

The only footballing reason why I won''t renew is the sale of Dean Ashton and the purchase with that money of a group of donkeys.  While I can see Deano going, I can''t see the Board giving Worthy five or six million to spend.  I would indeed rather they paid off some debts and kept any extras for the next manager''s rebuilding.  However, they are just my humble wishes and unlikely to be met, at least in the short term.

Once again Rudolph, it''s a sad day when supporters such as yourself even consider not renewing, and I hope that the board and the powers that be take note of the disillusionment of many supporters.  If they really think we all are happy with this season, and the previous one, they are very misguided to say the least.

I will still be going, but for some unknown reason. It certainly isnt cos the footy is great

It''s probably because i find going amusing now, due to comically poor players, sitting on the 2nd row of the city stand where i can continually shout abuse and the dreadful linesmen and opposition subs who are showing off and anyone else who''s being a prat. Also, listening to the barclay/snake pit slanging match chears me up.

Gazza,

Thank you for your thoughts.

I must be typical Mr. Average because although I try not to follow trends they often seem to follow me. I think if it got to the situation where I didn''t renew then the club would see a large number of supporters do the same, it just seems to work out like that for me in general.

I would not go off in a sulk, however, I would merely turn my attention to something else. Having said that I do like my seat and my ''football mates'' who I generally know almost nothing else about (which is nice, like the people you meet on holiday).

There is no doubt, though that I will weigh it up and there are this year many other priorities competing for my money. I have supported City all my life through thin and thin so will most likely renew out of loyalty.

I like ''The Crypt'' because it is nice and quiet and you can watch the big fish in the large tank. You can leave your coat with the bar staff and someone in a jacket says hello and goodbye. It used to be a search and a forcible ejection so times have changed.