Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Good

Andy Gray linked with a move to us as a replacement for Ashton....

Sunderland''s Andy Gray has emerged as a potential replacement for Dean Ashton if Norwich decide to sell their prize asset during the transfer window

28-year-old Scottish international Gray joined Sunderland at the start of the season from Sheffield United for a fee of £1.1million.

He scored on his debut for the Premiership strugglers but has not hit the target since.

Despite that he previously had an excellent scoring record at Championship level and is the kind of target man that Norwich boss Nigel Worthington would be looking for if Ashton does make a big-money to the Premiership.

This bit of information has just come off  www.fansfc.com if anybody wishes to take a look.

Well this is certainly interesting and he has a proven goalscoring record in this league but has done nothing in the Premmie. He is too old for me and as another post said we should be looking for youth not players in their late 20''s. Although i believe he could be a useful asset in this league and score a few goals for us he certainly isn''t going to replace Ashton as such. If we get into the Premmie he would become useless and just another squad player (yes i know, yet another one). I reckon there is much better players out there that would do a better job than Gray in replacing Ashton. Cameron Jerome has already been mentioned as one of these.

Anybody elses thoughts on this??