Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

I hope we don't sign Davenport!

While I was impressed by the job Davenport did while he was here on loan, I''m not convinced he is worth the money that Tottenham are likely to command for him which will surely be in excess of £1m! I would like to see us sign a good young centre back with potential - a bargain who will mature into a great player. We have Shackell, Doherty and Fleming for centre back currently, spending loads of money on another centre back when we apparently have nothing to spend is mad!!!

Any thoughts on potential targets for defenders???

What about Greg Halford at Colchester, 6'' 4" under 21 England international, can play in a number of positions and scores goals. For more see link:

http://www.cu-fc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/PlayerProfiles/0,,10424~22871,00.html

Only problem...Colchester are having a good season and could be a Championship side themselves next season, but they could do with some money, judging by my visit to Layer Road for the pre-season friendly.

he''d have a hard job displacing the doc and felm partnership. evens shacks will be benchwarming if they continue to perform. make no mistake, worthy won''t be calling in dav''s port - there''s no need for the player to come here, when we need a right winger much more.

We wont be signing Davenport.

We are looking at the ex Ipswich defender currently warming the bench at West Brom

He is not 2 million pounds necessary. If we are going to get a defender, firstly we have Rossi Jarvis and Shackell showing good potential, but if we were then Ben Chorley or Sodje could do the job

Our defence was weaker when davenport was in the team. He did look, but he cant be that great because he played at Qpr, luton, wolves and a few more. Untiill the preston game the doherty fleming partnership has looked solid and shouldnt be changed. Shackall is good back up, and rossi j is meant to be a defended so we dont need him. We need Good midfielders, a koumas style playey and a good winger.

i agree with the guy above  Greg Halford

Started his career at right back scored goals got moved into central midfield due to injuries and was brilliant.  6''4" top young player.  he doesnt have emotional problems either. 

and the numbers add up:

£450,000 + £550,000 = Greg Halford and 2 less crappers at the club.

I wouldn''t mind us signing Davenport but as the rest of you say, only if we sign other players first i.e. centre midfielder and right winger!