Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Boy

Super, super Chris, super, super Chris, super, super Chris, super Chrissy Sutton

I for one was very disappointed when Nigel said he had no interest in Chris Sutton and I am now even more disappointed that the chosen one has joined Birmingham.

I really feel that he could have done a job for us.

Chris Sutton has got to be one of the best players we have ever had. In fact, I would say that he is my favourite ever City player.

I know I''ve got a biased opinion on this, but who else feels that he would have been worth a punt?

Yes I do, I have said before that if we are going to lose Ashton, Sutton would have been the ideal short term stop gap. Perhaps it was simply that Brum are Prem but as you say it doesn''t even seem as if Worthington was interested.[8-)]

he was never even remotely going to sign for us. He would want prem games and he s getting £32000 a week at Brum.  Give me a young hungry striker like Leon or Ashton thanks. In fact why are we even looking for another striker when we have a dross midfield?

Don''t worry, He has only signed until the end of the season

I assume to see if he can still cut in the premiership

Lets see what happens in the Summer

[quote user="Robbie Boy"]

I for one was very disappointed when Nigel said he had no interest in Chris Sutton and I am now even more disappointed that the chosen one has joined Birmingham.

I really feel that he could have done a job for us.

Chris Sutton has got to be one of the best players we have ever had. In fact, I would say that he is my favourite ever City player.

I know I''ve got a biased opinion on this, but who else feels that he would have been worth a punt?

[/quote]

Not sure ,will he score bagloads of goals for Brum or drift in and out of the team( as he did at Celtic this season) be plagued with injuries and score maybe 5 goals?

Nigel on Sky sports just said Sutton was asking for too much money, I''m sure he was on a good wage at Celtic so was unlikely to take much of a paycut.

I don''t think that he would have been able to do much for us personally and was out of our price range anyway, unfortunately theres no room for emotion in this situation!!

However if he was willing to come for 5 grand a week......... 

He''s joined Birmingham until the end of the season, presumably because he doesn''t want to risk dropping to the CCC. From NCFC''s side, there are also injuries, lack of fitness and wages to be considered. Agreed, he was a great player though.

Would love to see him back. Remember, he has only signed for Brum until the end of this season. Worthy was just asked on SSN after winning manager of the month, whether he would be interested at that time, and Worthy just gave one of his "monitoring the situation" speeches, so who knows?

I''m not sure about this one mate , from a fan''s point of view Chris was part of the ''Golden Age'' at Carrow Road and it was a sad day for everyone when Robert Chase sold him off to Blackburn for £5m , there has always been a hope in my heart that he would return . Having said that he is 33 and one assumes that he''s probably seen his best days . I wouldn''t have complained about getting him on a free though, as long as his wage bill isn''t astronomical and then perhaps Worthers could spend more money on a quality midfielder