Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Don't forget Ashton's sell-on clause!!

In the region of 25% goes back to Crewe I believe, so to suggest the club would sell him even for 7mil seems unlikely to me. That would only work out at around a 1mil profit on a player that has now proven that he can stick it with the big guns in the Prem.Only way I see it happening is if Pompey''s new-found cash comes into play or a quality player-plus-cash deal comes in from another top flight club.Even if Ashton wants to go, I''m convinced that the club will persuade him to stay til the end of the season if they don''t get the right big-money offer now.

I am not convinced about the whole club debt issue.

Isn''t it a case of paying player bonuses and wages ahead of getting in the staged income.

I think next years figures will show a healthy profit as the case comes in against Championship outlay.

There is, therefore surely no reason not to reinvest most if not all of the money received for Ashton or anyone else.

The ticking time bomb is the wage bill which will have to be adjusted down if we fail to gain promotion.

Therefore, let''s buy some up and coming talent on sensible salaries ahead of this and move on from there.

The sell on clause is 20% and that only comes into effect on what we get over the fee we paid crewe.

Ie if someone bid 8 mill we would have to pay crewe 20 % of 4.5 mill so crewe would get £900,000.

Also i was reading one of the daily rags and it said that Ashton was unsettled and wanted to move??????.

Well all in all Crewe will be getting the best bit of business out of anyone.

For doing nothing they will be getting in the region of 1 million to put into the transfer kitty.

Yes Chocolate Nutter i read he was unsettled too and he desired a move away from us. But after mondays performance i don''t blame him. He deserves to be playing for a team who play their football much better than that. Only time will tell as to whether Deano is truly unsettled or its just a phase of gossip from the tabloids...

Yep I read on the BBC site yesterday he was unsettled, wouldn''t surprise me, but would still prefer to know where they heard that. His agent?

Sounds like I misjudged that one then! However, all I can find anywhere is that there''s a 20% sell on clause without a mention that it would only come out of profits. Where did you get your info?

[quote user="Ark"]Sounds like I misjudged that one then! However, all I can find anywhere is that there''s a 20% sell on clause without a mention that it would only come out of profits. Where did you get your info?[/quote]

Ark, you don''t need to know where the info came from. Scratch your head a little and ask yourself that, if you bought a car from someone for 10,000 pounds, would you agree to pay the person you bought it from 20 or 25% of the 10,000 pounds if you re-sell the car. If the the answer you come up with is "yes" or "maybe" knock your head on the wall a few times and perhaps something will shake into place.

"Ashton''s Santa Clause!" Cor blimey folks you''ll all believe in fairies next!  C''mon get a life...........he''s actually Spiderman, or was it the Hulk or Batman............Oops'' sorry, I misread the title of the post......"Ashton''s selling his clothes!" he must be off then! Probably having a good clearout and wants a new wardrobe.........What size waist is he? OTBC ;~)

Ashton will hopefully stay

if he does go, we cant accept less than 7 million otherwise we would be gaining nothing, i would personally accept about 8.5-9 million to make a good profit, the most money we can get the better really

but on the other hand i really do want him to stay, he has some talent and hopefully it will be at norwich where he uses it