Sign in to follow this  
breaker

On the other hand.......

Now don''t get me wrong ''cos I don''t want Ashton to go BUT....if we did get a silly amount that allowed City to spend well,

Ashton OR

Rasiak, Jerome, Koumas, Halford? (£5M approx)

What does anyone else think?

Firstly, could we get them. Secondly their combined wages would be far in excess of what Ashton is on. Nice thought in principle though!

Thank you PR, however, I did think (after I had posted the above) that there might be another equation.....

Ashton OR

Andy Gray, Linvoy Primus, Fabian Wilnis, Paul Furlong

You see Worthy doesn''t always think the same way as we do and perhaps he may feel that two ageing strikers and a couple of ageing defenders would be better than skill, vision, potential, pace, confidence, style etc.

So better stick with Deano then..................................

[quote user="bailojnr"]

Firstly, could we get them. Secondly their combined wages would be far in excess of what Ashton is on. Nice thought in principle though!

[/quote]

surely balanced by the fact we would be assured promotion and could always sell them on because they are QUALITY PLAYERS.

Agreed Paul, but nothing is ''assured'' in football! I was thinking along similar lines this afternoon however...Say Ashton is worth a bare minimum of £5mil (worst case scenario) could the club not make one final financial push offset against the sale of Ashton? Then we may not need to sell other players we bring in.

As long as the players brought in have REPUTATION and QUALITY they will always hold a level of value.  If we are going to sell ashton and some team is willing to pay the BIG money (we are talking 8 million +) maybe we should take it.

if these players arrived:

Rasiak - 1.5 million - a direct replacement for Deano - a shame he was sub for spurs last night (but they have a huge squad)

Koumas - 1.5 million - Midfield playmaker

Halford - 1 million - can play centre midfield and right back - a big talented lad itching for a chance at a higher level

thats 5 million (including extras) quid on 3 TOP CLASS championship players these guys value is not going to fall and have a great chance of success at ncfc.