Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Malky Mackay

After watching the West Ham vs Chelsea match at Upton Park I must say I thought it in poor taste for the Hammer''s fans to boo Frank Lampard whenever he touched the ball. This for one of their own products and a great player who has just achieved such a lofty level in the FIFA rankings.

Different situation but I trust the Norwich fans will show a lot more class and give Malky Mackay a real good welcome on January 21st.

I think you''ll find Lampard made some remarks about West Ham on his departure hence the reception. Meanwhile Malky left with his head held high having beena  great servant. The fans who made the trip to Upton Park last season acknowledged this and I''m sure they will again against Watford.

He scored against the scum, he scored anoother one. 18 months after leaving he is a regular in one of the best defences in the league. Doherty was crap last year, shackall and doc were inexperienced and fleming wasnt big enough, so why did we sell him. Another reason to sack the manager.

I just hope theres a chant  of "he scored against the scum........". Manu arer still singing for keane.

I think you can guarantee that Malky will be welcomed back with much applause.  He never put a foot wrong speaking in the press and I don''t think there can be any City fan who would not want to acknowledge all he did in his time here. 

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

He scored against the scum, he scored anoother one. 18 months after leaving he is a regular in one of the best defences in the league. Doherty was crap last year, shackall and doc were inexperienced and fleming wasnt big enough, so why did we sell him. Another reason to sack the manager.

[/quote]

Exactly. Look at West Ham, they''re doing okay in the Prem. But then they have a decent manager who wasn''t stupid enough to ditch Malky on promotion to the Prem. I''ll welcome him back on Saturday for sure.

You''re on form today, Ama!

Malky was great for being Malky, but Doherty''s a better centre half. Sorry...

[quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

Exactly. Look at West Ham, they''re doing okay in the Prem. But then they have a decent manager who wasn''t stupid enough to ditch Malky on promotion to the Prem. I''ll welcome him back on Saturday for sure.

[/quote]

Yep pardew ditched Malcky and signed Danny Gabbidon to replace him - did worthy replace malky ( i guess he did with  a 5''8" Center back to go with his 5''9" partner)

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT

Pardew did ditch Malky at the first opportunity Ama - Malky will be here in a couple of weeks when watford visit - 3 consecutive promotions for malky a record?

I will applaud Malky on his return to Carrow Road. I will also applaud their superb manager Mr A Boothroyd, who will be welcomed back as our next coach if I had my way.

Malky had another season in him at NCFC, even just as a squad player. No room for sentiment in football........so I think Nigel and his coaching staff are past-it, so make way for Ady ''B'' who is streets ahead of our current manager. ;~) 

[quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He did ditch him, but spend money on gabbidon and collins, we brought doherty.

Worthy got rid of Malky... Pardew got rid of Malky.. should watford go up i feel Boothroyd will get rid of Malky..

for all Worthy''s short comings him and Pardew have seen the same thing... that Malky would be hopeless in the premiership im sad to say... i feel the same thing will happen at Watford and he will never play a game in the top flight.

jas :)

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

After watching the West Ham vs Chelsea match at Upton Park I must say I thought it in poor taste for the Hammer''s fans to boo Frank Lampard whenever he touched the ball. This for one of their own products and a great player who has just achieved such a lofty level in the FIFA rankings.

Different situation but I trust the Norwich fans will show a lot more class and give Malky Mackay a real good welcome on January 21st.

[/quote]

Have I missed something? I thought Malky was at Watford now?

worthy replaced malcky with Simon Charlton (and tried to get god forbid Linvoy Primus) then realised we had the shortest defense in premier league history.  which was shown up in truly embarrasing fashion at Charlton he then signed doherty whom has fortunatly proven himself at this level after being a disgrace for us in the premiership.

The problem was not the selling of Malky but the failure to replace him.......

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

worthy replaced malcky with Simon Charlton (and tried to get god forbid Linvoy Primus) then realised we had the shortest defense in premier league history.  which was shown up in truly embarrasing fashion at Charlton he then signed doherty whom has fortunatly proven himself at this level after being a disgrace for us in the premiership.

The problem was not the selling of Malky but the failure to replace him.......

[/quote]

oh and let me add Gary Doherty has been an absolute star and fantastic player for us this season - long may it continue - I dont think there is going to be any challenger to him for player of the season and we are only just in Januaruy!  Safri has been excellent but The Ginger Pele has been Phenomenal!!You the man Doc!!!

Will there be a chant for Malky against Watford. Something ironic perhaps, like

Oh Malky Oh O

Oh Malky Oh OOO

His toys went out the pram

He flocked off to West Ham

Basically he didn''t want to fight for his place at Norwich when he should and could have.

YC is clearly referring to the watford game on 21st jan - not sats game against west ham...

OTBC

Malky got a great reception when we went to West ham last season, and he got likewise when we went to Watford earlier this.

It will be exactly the same on the 21st: and he deserves it too.

I too wonder if 3 successive promotions from the same league is some kind of a record?