Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Peril

Formation to accommodate new players?

Sorry, don´t agree with changing a winning formation to accommodate new players, best to stick to a tried and tested formula. this means that we play either Mckenzie or Huckerby - the next two matches are sorted anyway as Huckerby isn´t available till the Everton match which Mckenzie can´t play in anyway.

Think Svennson and Hucks sounds good meself. Leon and Hucks also will be good. Be interesting to see which pairing worthy likes best as i think he should and will stick to 4-4-2.

Worthy is going to have a problem keeping all his players happy whatever formation he chooses. Henderson has done exceptionally well recently but he will need to be rested at some stage before he burns himself out. Svensson and McKenzie need to play more games to get adjusted to this division. Huckerby has to start in all games as he is a potential match winner every time he plays. McVeigh has been quiet lately but again can be a match winner. Mulryne has the potential to run midfield and provide defence splitting passes but, continues to play too deep. Holt and Francis will run all day, with the latter more likely to score. Brennan still needs to play more games to get his match fitness. Jarvis and Shackell have to start getting more appearances even if only as substitutes. Briggs seems to be the forgotten man and I don''t know why. Roberts still has an outside chance of reaching 100 goals.

If all players are fit then I would pick the following starting line up:

Green,
Edworthy, Fleming, Shackell, Drury
Holt, Mulryne
Henderson, McKenzie, Huckerby, McVeigh

Subs. Crichton, Francis, Brennan, Roberts, Jarvis

Agree with the formation, what about Svensson, he is more of a target man which is still needed. Agree with you about Briggs, I have seen him before and is worth looking at as a right sided midfielder - with the lack of reserve games it is difficult to judge form and fitness (why are there so few teams in this league - it is about time that there was a better organised Reserve league, perhaps a North and South League?

Guest CFrost
Keep with the formation we have and that has made us win our games. The saying is "If it aint broke dont fix it". Well the same goes for our formation - we shouldnt change anything about it.

Although now we have Hucks I''d like to see him play upfront with Iwan as they play well together, while McKenzie with Svensson do the duo upfront too. Then swap them about and see who else plays well with each other. A bit of mix and match.

I''d go for Iwan and Darren as a strike force as they play well together. I''m not saying Leon and Matt arent good but I''d ratehr opt for Iwan and Darren. Maybe say one game Iwan and Darren play say 75mins then Matt and Leon come on for the last 15-20 mins, and then vice versa for Leon and Matt. Or swap them all round. Lol I dunno. This is gonna give Worthy a headache! Lol.

Seeing as we now have quite a few players in the squad players are going to miss out on games or posistions but thats football and they''ll have to put with it. We have a good, solid defence and midfield is geting much better as for a strike force we have so many strikers now its unbelievable! Lol.

Our team is palying so well at the mo we deserve to go up!

OTBC!

Mrs Roberts good suggestions. Agree with you about rotating strikers but not hucks. I feel in my opinion he has 2 play week in week out for Derby 2morow i would go 4 leon and matt again but i then feel that iwan could do with a game and i feel the ideal game 2 do that is everton as obviously thye league is our main priority and leon is cuptied. After that tho worthy could go with anyone. Obviously Hucks is going 2 b 1st choice striker but then worthy could pick any1 from sven, leon, iwan and jarvis and i dont feel theres much 2 choose between any of them.