Sign in to follow this  
Cowley

jerome who is leaving to buy him?

my theory is that the only player we could lose to pay for him to afford jerome is Rob Green we would get roughly the same price as jerome is worth and we have plenty of cover for him does anyone agree?

[quote user="Cowley"]my theory is that the only player we could lose to pay for him to afford jerome is Rob Green we would get roughly the same price as jerome is worth and we have plenty of cover for him does anyone agree?[/quote]

As sad as it would be to see Greeno go, if it meant we could keep Ashton then I''d be happy with that! 

Green isn''t gonna leave - which Prem side is going to come in for him?

he''s still has a tendency towards inconsistency and needs to improve

decision making. Don''t get me wrong he''s a great keeper and makes saves

others can only dream of but it''s the other side of his game that needs

to improve before he can be world class.

i agree but with some teams like middlesbourough who have more money than sense and are begining to lose faith in there keeper. Who else will fund the jerome deal as worthy isn''t smart enough to set up a deal ready with cardiff in case ashton leaves so we are not stuck with money and only loans after the jan window to spend the money on. 

Premiership clubs are supposedly interested in Jerome as well as Sheffield Utd who will be a Premiership club next season , why with options like that would he join Norwich ? . And if Worthington is seriously interested why has he not made a bid yet , smacks of Ryan Taylor from Tranmere all over again naming players he knows we are not going to get or go for.

Its clearly Dean Ashton

a) Why buy Gray/Jerome if we have McVeigh, Ashton, McKenzie, Thorne etc
b) He is the only one who would really get any money in
c) Nobody wants Green so we would only get about 1 million
d) Its more likely Dean than anyone else

[quote user="Robbo007"]Top point premier. When has Worthy ever named a player he likes, and then gets him? Never[/quote]

its true - some have been goos players but at least the likes of

Primus
Johansson
Scowcroft of all people (for the prem too)

etc

make me shudder

If Worthy does get anyone in, it will either be along the lines of  "We made an inquiry, got given a figure way too high, and so have other targets"  (ie, Ashton and Hucks)

or

"No, he isn''t one of our targets" (ie, speculation re: colin, and Wright)

Sorry just realised, he has got in someone he made public with his bid - Andy Hughes (bugger)

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Robbo007"]Top point premier. When has Worthy ever named a player he likes, and then gets him? Never[/quote]

Primus
Johansson

etc

make me shudder

[/quote]

Paul, I know you don''t like NW''s transfer dealing but accusing him of signing a goose is taking it too far.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Primus
Johansson

etc

make me shudder

[/quote]

Paul, I know you don''t like NW''s transfer dealing but accusing him of signing a goose is taking it too far.

[/quote]

at least a goose would make a tasty meal [pi], wouldnt need to spend 450,000 to get a goose in neither

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Its clearly Dean Ashton

a) Why buy Gray/Jerome if we have McVeigh, Ashton, McKenzie, Thorne etc
b) He is the only one who would really get any money in
c) Nobody wants Green so we would only get about 1 million
d) Its more likely Dean than anyone else[/quote]

I am probably going to get enialated for saying this but we have 3 good strikers Ashton, hucks and mcveigh, because of our formation we play all 3 so we need cover unfortunately mckenzie and thorne arent good enough. Thats why he could be after someone else. mckenzie works hard, is injury prone, but doesnt score enough goals for the chances he has in my view, though he could fetch half a million. Thorne is useless, also injury prone and hant a tenth of ashtons ability. Its clear worthy doesnt rate ryan jarvis becaause hew would of been played, so needs to go. We could also gain a small fee for him. With brennan, 1 keeper also going we could make way for a new striker without selling ashton.