Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Jarrett? Why do clubs want him?

I don''t understand why Premiership Wigan offered Jason Jarrett a 3-year-deal in the summer and he turned this down to join us. Then, Plymouth sign him on loan from us and they say he is a fantastic player and can''t wait to sign him!

When he has played for us he has been crap! Can anyone explain this?

I will explain all:

we signed Jason Jarrett because he is a box to box runner in the francis mold whom can put his foot in.

he was injured pre season

when brought in for his first real appearances he was played in our centre midfield in the game against crewe - he didnt do to badly although probably had no clue where his central midfield partner was cos he was running all over the park like a headless chicken

he was then dropped for the next game and used as a sub against palace and southampton then right midfield against millwall and cardiff - he had a shocker then he got back in the side in the center with a new central midfield partner Jim Brennan for the wolves game.

he was dropped about 3 times subbed played out of position all in the space of about 10 appearances then APPARANTLY he said to worthy a comment about his training regime that it should not all be fitness training  Whoops hes disappeered of to plymouth in the middle of a center midfield crisis.

thats kinda my take on it anyway.

Perhaps Jewell wouldn''t GUARANTEE him first team football (I wonder if the same happened with Malky).

Jarrett didn''t like fighting for a place here but Plymouth gave him centre stage.

He obviously has an oversized ego.

He clearly prefers to be a big fish in a small pond - hence move from

premiership bound wigan to us. Only to discover that in our squad and

stadium, he''s still a small fish amongst the Safri''s and the Ashton''s

and has had to prove himself alongside new arrivals like Hughes. It has

clearly been an environment in which he hasn''t thrived. And none of

this is an issue at somewhere like Plymouth, where there''s also a

manager who he doesn''t have to prove himself to.

I''ve asked this already but not sure anyone knew the answer - when

exactly is Jarrett due back? We were told he would be coming back,

surely his loan period is up now. I''m amazed NW doesn''t seem to be

making more of an effort to get back a player that he signed, who

clearly has something to offer, to a chronically thin squad and an even

more chronically thin midfield.

Because Jarrett is a useful player who has had his confidence shattered at Norwich and who hasn''t been given a chance to show what he can do! Why is it that Worthy refused to drop Fleming or Holt last season when they weren''t playing well yet Jarrett has a couple of quiet appearances and he''s banished from FCR in the midst of an injury crisis! Mad!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"] and who hasn''t been given a chance to show what he can do! [/quote]Yes he has, he''s had ample opportunity to show he can run/tackle/intercept/pass/shoot/organise/.......he''s shown me nothing. I completely agree with Worthingtons decision to farm him out, we''ll see if its made any difference on saturday

Why has the Pink Un carried no report on Jarrett''s return?

On te Canaries site:

Jarrett: ''Obviously I knew Tony Pulis previously and he knows how I play and how to handle me and it was good to play football again.'' This looks like a thinly veiled swipe at Worthy if ever I saw one.

Worthy: ''Jason Jarrett is back and is in the same position as every other player. (What''s that, out of position?)  He''s under contract and has to go and perform. He''s done well down there so hopefully (HOPEFULLY??) he can carry that on here. This looks like a blatant ''put a player in his place'' line if ever I saw one.

Jarrett also said he hoped he had helped Plymouth out a little bit. I hope he wants to beat them a lot in a couple of weeks time if he is still here.

On top of all this Jarrett is not exactly highly rated by supporters who have seen him in the yellow and green.

We know Worthington will not give an inch and Jarrett does not seem too happy to be back. The best thing he could do is play a blinder on Saturday as this will swing the anti-Worthy people right behind him. If he realised this then he would know that playing well will not appease Worthy so much as isolate him.

I have panned Jarrett on this Board and I believe rightly so. But he is a Norwich player and starts with a fresh slate on Saturday. But if I see the same prima donna as before I will be amoungst the first to criticise.