Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Redknap 7m bid

So Harry Redknap has been told by Worthington that it would take a bid of 7m to get Ashton, I thought he recently said that somebody would have to break the bank.  I dont call 7m breaking the bank, 10m maybe. Worthy''s figures dont add up, after all he did pay £450,000  for Etuhu (what a waste of money)

Wigan and Man City are supposed to have bid £7 million in the summer and that wasn''t enough then so i reckon we are holding out for someone to offer £10 million before anyone can speak to him.

Why would Deano want to go to a club who are on the verge of relegation anyway??????????????

[quote user="Scooby"]So Harry Redknap has been told by Worthington that it would take a bid of 7m to get Ashton, I thought he recently said that somebody would have to break the bank.  I dont call 7m breaking the bank, 10m maybe. Worthy''s figures dont add up, after all he did pay £450,000  for Etuhu (what a waste of money)[/quote]

A lot of people dont seem to realise how much money 450,000 is to this club anymore!!

lest you forget how it was that we somehow raised the 750,000 down payment for darren huckerby 2 years ago!!

I would be extremely dissapointed if ashton goes for 7 million, one you take off 20% off a 4 million profit, youre left with 3 million, buy someone like jerome and its virtually all gone. Then all we''ve gained from having an asset like ashton is someone like jerome and less chance of promotion. If  ashton goes and we sign jerome we will never go up, worthy will also change his game leading to him going backwards like ashton has in the last 6 months. I dont get why we should sell, if we keep him and he guided us to the prem he would earn us 20 million plus. Then if he went we would get more because we were in the prem and he would have scored more goals.

Also ashton will never go to pompey or birmingham, he wouldnt risk going down. It seems man city are the only ones who could possibl;y afford him, wigan cant and i doubt west ham could and they will probably want to spend cash in other areas anyway.

Take anything Harry RedKnapp says with a pinch of salt,he knows Dean Astons true value and I am sure NW would have asked for more than 9 m with 8m as his min price.

I wouldnt rule out a Pompy bid though now Arry has got som Russian cash

In my oppinion there is abour a 25% chance of Dean leaving especially to\a club like Portsmouth, but if Newcastle were to make a bid that would be different

[quote user="Scooby"]I dont call 7m breaking the bank, 10m maybe. [/quote]On what fiscal insight do you base that?Stupid comment

Harry is the second hand car dealer of the football world he buys any old player thats offerd to him for stupid money then when he finds out they are no good he gets rid of them!!!!,so on this i would say that would you give this man £20 mill of your money to buy players with????.

Ashton will not be going to pompey unless they match our valuation 8-9 mill.

Man city havn''t got any money as keegan put them into debit big style!!!!!!.

Wigan are a smaller club then us and this year or next will get found out and back down they will come so Ashton won''t go there!!!!.

West ham again they are in debit to the tune of £20 mill so can''t see them coming up with the money?.

Charlton no money but might offer half there first team in exchange for Ashton!!!!!!!.

The top 6 clubs won''t sign him as he is still unproven at that level to spend such money on him.

The only two teams who might buyAshton i think would be NEWCASTLE or SPURS?????.

But then again i could be wrong and NW will sell him for a low price to a small team then waste the money on some has been.

I reckon any team paying 7 million will get him.  Man City always have cash to spend, i dont care how in debt they are - i mean they made 24 million of SWP.  that sort of cash keeps the lenders happy for a couple of years. ythey have already bid 6 million apparantly - so the cash is available. Wigan are 7th in the premiership 2 points off arsenal.

lets hope he dont go.